adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    We watched the movie, we watched the anime, we played the game, we played the various sub-games, we played the DLC and we read the novelisation of the cancelled last bit of story but now the era of Final Fantasy XV is over and its Twitter account is DEAD.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My Final Fantasy VII polygon figures arrived. Lovely things! Did anyone on here who bought a box get the rare chaser figure?
  • no :( 2 clouds though, should have sold on eBay before they were more widely available.

They are lovely things! Did you get all characters and one duplicate?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Yes, I got all of them and a duplicate Cloud too.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Probably a long shot, but does anyone have a copy of the FFXV strategy guide that they either no longer need or are willing to loan? Have gotten into the game (finally) and would like some sort of visual reference guide to aid my quest.

Thanks.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Started FFVII last week. On Switch. I have no nostalgia for this game, never played before, so I was a bit reluctant to start it, not sure if it would hold up, a lot of time has passed since that game released. Reading Tempy's comments on how his partner still enjoyed it, also playing it for the first time, and howlongtobeat showing it's not at persona levels of time investment, I decided to give it a go.

I've managed to avoid most spoilers for this, the only 2 things I really know are
    Spoiler:
    So there's still a lot for me to discover, and I might know more about it but not realize it yet. 

I've played up to Aeris backstory
    Spoiler:
    It might have looked better on an actual CRT than on the Switch (I'm playing handheld), but so far I've no real issues with it, graphic or technical wise. Of course B already gave me a lecture about why and how it would look better on CRT, but even he said it works well on Switch. The story is really well told (it does this thing where it starts of in the present, then you hear a voice from someone currently not in the scene saying something, and meanwhile the camera pans and you're in the same room, but in the past now, this works really well), the graphics work well, the painted backgrounds really give a good idea of the city, the characters are clear, they get really long legs in battles, the battle system seems interesting (I'm still figuring that out), the music is good, pace of the story is fast, it all just works really well together so far.

In short, this game seems fun.
  • Yeah, the way story-telling is handled in that game is really impressive. It was early into the PSOne gen and they were still getting used to what it could do but, despite that, they still managed to pull off some really imaginative stuff - e.g. the camera pan through time, that you mentioned. 

Also, long legs. Enjoy the battle system - it's one the best system in the entire series, IMO, if we're including the menu setup stuff that goes on behind it. Not the most complex (that would be VIII), but it nails being both approachable, but also having a lot of depth going on underneath. Can't decide which games would beat it (XII maybe?) but it's not important - it's one of the most perfectly designed systems in all of JRPG history.
  • I still find a lot of the camera and cutscene stuff quite impressive. Got to mention the music as well.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Had another great camera swipe earlier in the game
    Spoiler:

I try and play with headphones when I can, definitely worth it. 

Might have reached what would be the end of disc 1:
    Spoiler:

Think the game clock is around 7 hours now, and I both feel like I played less than that, and way more. The story is told at such a good pace, and there's so much to take in but the game doesn't care. Just gives you the next story point.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Only a few weeks till Integrade, which I think will finally see me hit up FFVIIR...
  • @nina

Please keep up with posting your thoughts and stuff because it’s genuinely amazing to read about you playing it for the first time! It’s probably my favourite game and I’m totally recalling how I felt playing it age 11.

Man I need to boot it up again on switch. I used to play it at least once a year, I used to play it via the psone with the little screen you attach to it on my bed, then on PSP (crisis core edition naturally), then on vita.
  • Final Fantasy X and X-2 HD are on gamepass from tomorrow, if anyone is interested in playing them again
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Never played them. Are they worth the effort?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • If you like FF games, X is great. If not, not really I'd guess.
  • I like FF games and am not a huge fan of X or X-2, despite really trying to like them. They have their fans though, so might be worth a look.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    BLAZE BALL
  • Ah, yes, blitzball.
  • I've been avoiding spoilers for FF7 remake for a year now, waiting for the PC version release.

I honestly thought it would be a middle of April announcement + short window to release.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Ah, yes, blitzball.

• Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @nina Please keep up with posting your thoughts and stuff because it’s genuinely amazing to read about you playing it for the first time! It’s probably my favourite game and I’m totally recalling how I felt playing it age 11.
    Can only imagine how this must have felt being younger, 3d graphics still being new, and big games like this not as common. B told me he thought the game would end when leaving Midgar, and was blown away by the scope of it.

Speaking of leaving Midgar, I've finished the Kalm town this morning
    Spoiler:

Still impressed by this. I was so afraid the nostalgia for this game would mean that I wouldn't enjoy it as much, but so far it has completely grabbed me.
  • That whole Kalm section up to the CG of Sepiroth in the flames is incredible and blew me away as a kid. Sepiroth at that point was genuinely intimidating as hell - cool, ruthless, talented, powerful - and that section with the music (which built and exploded from an ominous heartbeat) and the dialogue and everything cemented him as the best villain I had ever seen.

It's unfortunate that there's been an over-saturation of Sepiroth since, resulting in him being Borg-ed. A formerly terrifying foe that meant that sudden and unexpected death was possible, now lost his edge with each and every inclusion. But, it's no biggie - Sepiroth in the OG FF7 is still amazing, and left such a reaction on me that I could remember exactly what it looks like, beat for beat, as you described it.
  • Couldn’t agree more. One thing that bothered me about the remake was the introduction of sephiroth (which obviously i guess is because
    Spoiler:
    )

In the original you never see sephiroth until Kalm. You only see what he’s capable of with what he leaves behind. First time you see him you then fight with him and he’s just fucking shit up in battles.

It’s worth noting this was my first ever RPG. I was used to the megadrive, and games like wipeout and crash bandicoot on ps1. I didn’t know games were like this!
  • I had Sephiroth surrounded by flames as my desktop background for yeaaaaars.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Yeah when he's with you in the fights at the start, you're doing like 150 damage and he's chucking out 3500 or so... And fucks that dragon up in one hit! It's like...how will I ever beat him?!
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Pretty sure Cloud was meant to die during that big flashback battle, and I had Sephiroth revive him after. So not only was he someone Cloud really looked up to at that point (his hyped animation when telling Sephiroth that he got new materia was fun), but he also looked out for Cloud.

It's indeed a really good build up for a villain. It's not like you don't understand his anger, it's a pretty fucked up thing to find out about yourself.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Having a good day on this yesterday (it's the perfect game to play when feeling a bit rough after vaccine no 2) and am now up to the Golden Saucer. Which makes FFXIV even more funny.
    Spoiler:
    Long post, tldr, this game is fun.
  • Excellent. This is the best thread on the forum now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I saw the word
    Spoiler:
    like 20 times in that spoiler and I agree
  • I still think FFVII has the best opening few hours of a FF game
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like the opening to 15. Sue me. The song kicks in and I'm gone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!