Movie record 2020 edition
  • 132. In Search of Darkness I watched this in parts because 4 hours but it's a fun glimpse into 80s horror with some good interviews. Shame it wasn't a longer thing as some films were barely talked about. Almost took a star off for that one guy though. Ugh. [8]
    I have this on the list already! Was planning on watching this week.

It's a fun watch. Really cool that they have an interview with John Carpenter especially.
  • 129. Grimsby
    Shite. Film and location. 3

130. A Private War
    A strong Rosamund Pike performance in this solid biopic of The Sunday Times war reporter Marie Colvin. Pike successfully conveys the mental and physical toil of such a dangerous job. 7
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • 132. In Search of Darkness I watched this in parts because 4 hours but it's a fun glimpse into 80s horror with some good interviews. Shame it wasn't a longer thing as some films were barely talked about. Almost took a star off for that one guy though. Ugh. [8]
    I have this on the list already! Was planning on watching this week.

It's a fun watch. Really cool that they have an interview with John Carpenter especially.

Got through the first 90 minutes last night and I'm only up to 1984!
    So much content! It's brilliant
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Webbins wrote:
    129. Grimsby

I watched this in the days after getting some very bad news. I laughed so much, it was exactly what I needed at that time but I also knew the main reason it worked for me because I was quite fragile.
  • 133. Pretending I'm Superman: THPS doco
    Very lightweight but entertaining doc on skating and the influence of Tony hawk's Pro skater game. Just a shame it doesn't dig a little deeper.
    [7]
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    133. Pretending I'm Superman: THPS doco
    Very lightweight but entertaining doc on skating and the influence of Tony hawk's Pro skater game. Just a shame it doesn't dig a little deeper.
    [7]

Yeah I watched this too during a sleepless night. It beautifies the game too much but there is plaisir in seeing what I know and love.
  • Webbins wrote:
    129. Grimsby

I watched about 15 minutes of that last weekend, as my son was watching it. Absolutely awful, one of the least funny films I've seen in a long time.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Aye, I want to like SBC's content but this is pointlessly bad. Mind I thought Ali G (the character) was funny for the first five mins and then that played out pretty quick. Borat has always been his most successful and funniest creation.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Borat has always been his most successful and funniest creation.

High five!
  • I liked that Arab general film. The Dictator? Thought it was funnier than Borat film. The fashionista one (Bruno?) was one of the worst.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This is the best thing I've seen him do since Borat:

Damn had that tune in my head for weeks.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Yesterday - lovely feels in that obvious Richard Curtis way. Perfect afternoon movie. [8]
  • I really loved Yesterday.
    Was such a lovely movie
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Bill and Ted Face The MusicI really enjoyed this. Big stupid grin on my face throughout and just great to be back with the characters again. A most excellent 90 minute escape.
  • Just watched the '98 Godzilla for the first time. Not that bad really, was expecting worse. Broderick is a terrible lead though.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Just watched the '98 Godzilla for the first time. Not that bad really, was expecting worse. Broderick is a terrible lead though.
    It is bad but goes along at a nice pace. I always like seeing Hank Azaria on camera.

• 131. The Wedding Singer
    One of my faves, for its quotable lines, its perfectly pitched cameos, funny script, strong Sandler and cute Barrymore turns... and at the end of the day it's a love story with a happy ending and who doesn't like those? 8
  • Been a long time since I watched Wedding Singer. Might be time for a rewatch of that too.

134. The Muppets
    Silly and fun. Makes me want to go back and see if the old ones hold up at all.
    [6]

135. Sleepless in Seattle
    Had been a while. Enjoyable but not sure about the logic of Meg Ryan's choices throughout this. Doesn't quite sell as well as the other classics where the 2 people actually spend time together.
    [6]
  • Bill and Ted Face The MusicI really enjoyed this. Big stupid grin on my face throughout and just great to be back with the characters again. A most excellent 90 minute escape.

Thank goodness for Covid - making new movies available straight away on the high seas!.

I thought this was 7/10 at best. It seemed like 2 or 3 scripts compressed into one - the 'collect musicians from throughout history' thread seemed superfluous given the ending - which I really liked the idea of, but it felt rushed as though it had been tacked on as a late re-write. For me, the biggest laughs were Bill and Ted and their future selves.

I still enjoyed it though.

PSN : time_on_my_hands
  • 136. The Rental
    Pretty good little thriller/horror thing by Dave Franco.
    [7]

137. Train to Busan 2
    Well we knew it wouldn't be as good but change nice characters in a fun setting to paper thin characters in a cliched setting and make it look like a soap whilst also scoping outside budget and you're gonna have a bad time.
    [3]
  • 138. The Wave
    What an amazing disaster film. Norway you cheeky devils. The sound design especially stood out.
    [8]
  • Official Secrets
    Solid, simple political thriller that reminds me exactly how fucking angry to still be about Blair & Bush getting away with starting the Iraq war. Keira Knightley’s good in it.
  • 139. A Cure For Wellness
    What started as a visually stunning and mysterious film then became meandering and bland, then sleazy and weird but not in a good way. A shame.
    [4]
  • 144. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - 6
    Uplifting yet predictable feel good flick about a group of British retirees who all find themselves at the same hotel in India.

145. Doctor in the House - 7
    A sort of middle class Carry On film, very highly recommend to fans of classic British comedies.

146. Old School - 7
    One of the earlier 'Frat Pack' movies and still one of the best imo.

My list

オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I always have time for Old School. That got quoted to death while I was at uni.
  • 30, 31 & 32. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Extended Cuts)
    Family favourites, still stand up, the second one is the best but why didn't they just get the fucking Eagles involved at the start. I can only assume that the eagles are the John Terry of middle earth. (8, 9, 7)
  • There's no credence in your eagles plan dude.
  • Aye, they could check out any time, but they could never leave...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There's no credence in your eagles plan dude.

0*JvD-Z-VRAZZ2d0n2.gif
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    There's no credence in your eagles plan dude.

Nice.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!