Movie record 2020 edition
  • I wouldn't even call Titanic a guilty pleasure, it's probably just fairer to say I think it's amazing. Billy Zane's character cracks me up, genuinely one of the few films I struggle not to watch the rest of if I catch it on TV. I love it in the same way I love Eurovision.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hmm, I sat through it once because I thought sex was waiting for me the other end

I didn;t enjoy it, ddn;t have sex, and have no desire to retread either path
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I wouldn't even call Titanic a guilty pleasure, it's probably just fairer to say I think it's amazing. Billy Zane's character cracks me up, genuinely one of the few films I struggle not to watch the rest of if I catch it on TV. I love it in the same way I love Eurovision.

Snap! Apart from the Eurovision bit.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    3. Fury Road - Cinematicaly stunning high octane roller-coaster with some fantastic practical effects. [8]

Reads like a 9!
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • 3. Fury Road - Cinematicaly stunning high octane roller-coaster with some fantastic practical effects. [8]

Reads like a 9!

But we both know it's a 10.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • 1. True Romance This film is so fucking good. Everyone in it is perfect, and everyone is in it. And that music, oh my fucking God. I love this film so much.
  • 1. True Romance This film is so fucking good. Everyone in it is perfect, and everyone is in it. And that music, oh my fucking God. I love this film so much.

That's due a rewatch.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gremill wrote:
    1. True Romance This film is so fucking good. Everyone in it is perfect, and everyone is in it. And that music, oh my fucking God. I love this film so much.

That's due a rewatch.

Yep.
  • Added that to the Netflix list yesterday for a rewatch.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Gremill wrote:
    1. True Romance This film is so fucking good. Everyone in it is perfect, and everyone is in it. And that music, oh my fucking God. I love this film so much.

That's due a rewatch.

Yep.

It was on my constant rotation in the late 90s/00s on VHS - absolutely loved it but haven't seen it in ages.
  • Enemy of the State
    Superb conspiracy theory thriller turned hauntingly factual dystopian nightmare with the Don, Gene Hackman, and Will Smith playing an 'everyman' which he should do more often because it suits him more than any of his daft superhero schtick.
  • Gremill wrote:
    Enemy of the State
    Superb conspiracy theory thriller turned hauntingly factual dystopian nightmare with the Don, Gene Hackman, and Will Smith playing an 'everyman' which he should do more often because it suits him more than any of his daft superhero schtick.

On point there. I was going to watch this tonight but I plumped for:

4. The Untouchables

Seriously amazing film. So many classic scenes, generally good acting (de Niro and connery are a cut above though) and a really awesome score. De Palmas finest.

SFV - reddave360
  • The Hustle
    Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson in a remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, with all humour removed and replaced by actual steaming horseshit.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message

YASS
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Agree with the True Romance and The Untouchables love, both great films.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • 13. Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith - 8
    Everything I wanted from the prequel Trilogy. Padmé losing the will to live and Darth Vader's Frankenstein walk/"Noooooo" aside I love it. Ewan McGregor is great in this one imo, looking forward to the Disney+ series with him.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm afraid that your opinion of the prequel trilogy is in danger of fatally undermining the credibility of every other opinion you have. They are utter dogshit.
  • Retro is easily pleased
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Retro is easily pleased

Clearly!
    I wouldn't go as far as saying they were utter dogshit but I have no desire to go back and watch them again.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I prefer them to the new ones tbh.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    True Romance is the best chick flick ever, regualrly makes my top 5 films, further proof that Q is a better writer than he is a director
  • I've just logged some more films on my Letterboxed Watchlist and it turns out I have over 200 films listed to watch. Should really try and make a dent in that.
  • 14. Jurassic Park - 9
    The best of the bunch for me, so many iconic scenes. Spared no expense.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Dubs
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodfeller
    PSN
    DandyDavid
    Steam
    Woodfeller

Send message
    I've mostly been picking at iPlayer's Christmas leftovers:
    Spoiler:
  • 15. The Hitmans Bodyguard - 6
    OTT action comedy, good chemistry between Samuel L Jackson and Ryan Reynolds make an ok film that bit more enjoyable.

My list
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I turned that one off before the end.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yeah, Hitman’s Bodyguard was properly shit. Like, even worse than Kingsman 2 level shit.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    3. 1917

Spectacularly produced but frustratingly disjointed pseudo single-take First World War experience.

[8]
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    I rate Revenge of the Sith 8 also.

(I only gave Attack of the Clones a 6 though.)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!