Shenmue 3!
  • Another SEGA reference. An apt one too.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Nice. Will assume it's somehing along the lines of 'to be this steeped in the past takes ages'.

Back on the nostalgia train tomorrow. I didnt play for long first session, but it's in my head. Opted for English dub for extra wonkiness.
  • Mine just arrived in the mail.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yay!
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I had to explain to my daughter what it was.

She was born after I ordered it.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Played a bit more last night.  So far so good.  I'd like to get out of the initial area sooner rather than later though, as I keep hearing the words to Pure Imagination to the constantly repeating village tune.
  • Ha ha! It's a good job I like that song because that's all I'm going to hear now.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • How's everyone getting on with this? It's all gone a bit quiet in here. I've been struggling for TV time as the wife won't relinquish the PS4, not managed to get much done thus far.
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've watched footage of a horny woman in a field with a cow and is this Deadly Premonition 2 / Frog Fractions 3
  • Nae time to play. Xmas for me hopefully.
  • I......I don't think I'm going to make it guys.  I'd played maybe 3-4hrs of it, but my PS4 required a factory reset last week and I've lost all saves.  Plus it's probably time to admit that what I thought I wanted wasn't what I wanted at all, and the glacial pace was killing me almost as much as the voice acting (was playing with English dub forthelols).  Plus plus: twenty five hours of it?    

Plus plus plus: Should've kept going with Plus.    

My kung fu was too weak.  Sadface.  

• The dust has long settled since Shenmue III finally launched. Let's cut to the chase. It was catastrophically bad, and it broke hearts.
    Me? I started it, quickly realised what was going down, and bailed never to go back. 
    I'm not sorry I backed it though. On the contrary, that 50 bills was worth it just for that E3 2015 moment, the memes, and the years of tongue in cheek believing. A small price to pay really, and I'll still always have the memories of I & II from back in the day.

So that being said, this video is a fabulous watch. 
    With a heavy heart, series fan Super Eyepatch Wolf takes us through exactly how and where it all went wrong, and even suggests how it could have been to an extent easily fixed.
    It's a love letter from the brokenhearted, and it made me smile wistfully, the way that sort of thing does.
    Oh, and it's also painfully funny in places.
    Highly recommended.

• Yep, his stuff is always on my list.
  • I think this is one of his best.
  • Anyone want a free copy of this? I tried.
  • Just watched g's vid and wtf Shenmue is proper old school and with old I mean ancient.
    Yu S wasn't kidding when he mentioned he didn't keep up with other open world games. Seems to me the team was struggling to get up to speed with UE4 for Shenmue3. All the budget went into assets (again) and none into the script and voice/mocap actors (again). All of the uncanny valley is back with wooden voice overs and robotic npc's. And the worst part is they scrapped the vf realtime fight engine in favor of a button mashy rpg stat based one. Urgh...

Quest design also looks a bit meh and outdated.
    Still hoping it did well enough for a shenmue4. I want to see how it ends.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I got carried away when the Kickstarter launched and backed it to such a degree that am still receiving backer bonuses!

A T-shirt arrived a few weeks ago, and today...

the art book....

N3NbVkG.jpg

And a capsule toy...

RxCSMQ3.jpg

• Lovely stuff. Shame the games turned out to be such a stinker, but it was worth backing it just for the craic.
  • g.man wrote:
    Lovely stuff. Shame the games turned out to be such a stinker, but it was worth backing it just for the craic.

I actually finished it. Final chapter was really good. Other than that.... not so much.
  • Fair play to you Mark. I'd love to see all of it, but I just lost the will to live in the opening village.
  • That video is good. The triple morning routine cutscenes of death got to me
  • I got the same backer stuff too Mark last week, I thought they'd forgotten about it, it had been that long. I got a mini forklift as my toy!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • They put so much effort into the backer bonuses, just a shame the game wasn’t more enjoyable.

It really did give me a buzz, initially. Never expected to play a new Shenmue game.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!