Currently Playing
  • Facewon wrote:
    Talos principle had hit the inevitable puzzle game wall. The only avenues I have left are stumping me.

No idea on the stars puzzles I have left. All the red puzzles are assholes.

Haven't checked the faith door for a while so can't remember if I have a choice there or not.

One piece away from accessing level 3 tower.

Some of them are tricky, definitely. Road To Gehenna is where it really gets difficult, though.
  • Ooof. Might hit that after a break then.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I can't remember how much of the story has been revealed by the point you're up to. You might want to wait until you've finished the main game; iirc the add on's a bit spoilery.
  • AJ wrote:
    I can't remember how much of the story has been revealed by the point you're up to. You might want to wait until you've finished the main game; iirc the add on's a bit spoilery.

Yup, main game first I think.  I loved it whilst I played it but look back on it now with even fonder thoughts.  Such a game.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Getting sucked deeper and deeper into Fire Emblem Awakening

Not sure why I gave up the first time, I'm loving it a lot right now. Might be because it feels like a prefect chill out game before bed, both Isaac and Horizon are asking too much of me at night and I get frustrated by them, but FE is just perfect.

So much has happened in the last couple chapters (pretty sure 11 is the one I just completed)
    Spoiler:
    Missed out on the treasure chests again, just forget about them when I'm close to winning. At least that doesn't annoy me anymore, as long as no one dies I'm good.

It feels good when a plan comes together. Can't wait for the big one next year.
  • I went early on being stuck in talos. Hadnt done as much of C as I thought. Progress still happening.
  • After declaring it the worst game of 2017 I now find myself hopelessly addicted to Battlefront 2.

I picked it up for about a tenner intending to just play the Starfighter mode. Played that to death and decided to give the core game a try. Now I play it pretty much every night.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Assault on the Control Room. What a level.
  • Couple of weekends ago me and 4 friends got together for a Saturday of gaming. Picked up a random game we could all play together as 5 is a bit of a bad number for a lot of games. However, we all bought a copy of Friday the 13th The Game on Xbox for cheap.

This is brilliant. I mean, it's not in the traditional sense - the controls are fiddly, the graphics are a bit low rent and it's basically the same thing over and over BUT it is great fun. Lots of laughs in a group as one of you stalks the others, stopping them from escaping, picking them off one by one.

There is actually some clever stuff here that is well thought out, and you can see if the devs got more money/bigger team it could be a massive hit. Sadly though, due to the original writer of Friday the 13th deciding to lawyer up and try to reclaim copywrite, the devs have been forced to stop work on it.

I'd recommend trying it, but only with pals, at least at first. Playing as a camp counsellor and not knowing where Jason is, running around trying to get parts to fix the car or what have you is tense and exciting. And playing as Jason is a barrel of laughs as you try and murder everyone. Some amazing potential here and shame it's gone the way it has.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • MattyJ wrote:
    Couple of weekends ago me and 4 friends got together for a Saturday of gaming. Picked up a random game we could all play together as 5 is a bit of a bad number for a lot of games. However, we all bought a copy of Friday the 13th The Game on Xbox for cheap.

This is brilliant. I mean, it's not in the traditional sense - the controls are fiddly, the graphics are a bit low rent and it's basically the same thing over and over BUT it is great fun. Lots of laughs in a group as one of you stalks the others, stopping them from escaping, picking them off one by one.

There is actually some clever stuff here that is well thought out, and you can see if the devs got more money/bigger team it could be a massive hit. Sadly though, due to the original writer of Friday the 13th deciding to lawyer up and try to reclaim copywrite, the devs have been forced to stop work on it.

I'd recommend trying it, but only with pals, at least at first. Playing as a camp counsellor and not knowing where Jason is, running around trying to get parts to fix the car or what have you is tense and exciting. And playing as Jason is a barrel of laughs as you try and murder everyone. Some amazing potential here and shame it's gone the way it has.

Was free on ps+ for October.
    Month before that was the far superior dead by daylight.
    Exactly the same idea but just a lot more solid and better to control and all the major horror killers.
    (Jason, leatherface, Freddie kruger, etc, etc)

So brilliant and addictive with a group of 4 or 5.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Assault on the Control Room. What a level.

Possibly my all time favourite. Looking forward to that.
  • Florence.

I know I’m late but it’s fucking brilliant.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Flipping Death on Switch. I've played less than an hour but struggling for any motivation to go back to it. Got off to a bad start when the narrator proceeded to recount the story of what I'd done in the game just a few seconds before and found very little of anything after that to improve my impression.

It's painfully slow at times and I found even some of the early puzzles to be somewhat obscure or ambiguous, though there's a chance that's down to me. Apart from the art style and rich level design, there's not much positive so far and even the latter could be part of the problem.

One more concerted effort I think otherwise it'll be in the 'just given up on' thread soon.
  • Fallout New Vegas for the first time.

Currently shopping around for mods to make it look nice.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I nearly bought that myself recently. All the Fallout 76 stuff has given me the wasteland itch, but dang that game is expensive. Meanwhile, New Vegas is less than the price of a pint on Steam.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I did it. I bought New Vegas. Odds on it'll be like 3 and 4 - I'll love it but never get to the end.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Rum and Bass. That's what I'm playing.

Rum and fucking Bass!
  • That's a fun one. I'm going to play American Dream tonight, but I'll probably give that a blast first.
  • Talos principle 1-2 puzzles at a time.

Seems to be working. Rather than trying to bend brain and slog, I just jump on fresh and knock off a puzzle or 2. Getting close to end.

Slay the spire. Is good. See thread. Different brains pace to talos too.

Got last day of june on the go too, but it's not grabbing me.

May need to be immortal unchained or the last signal from tulva next.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, and pretty much every night since I downloaded it: Magic the Gathering Arena. Not to brag, but my zombie deck is fucking boss.
  • Well, that's playing American Dream tonight out of the window.

And another shirt to wet to wear to bed.
  • FO:NV is excellent.
    On the same level as FO3 but just a bit different. Get the pretty mods but also try to install on an ssd, it's major downfall is the loading times and frequency.

The story is much more compelling as well, less black and white and more shades of grey. Look out for Chandler Bing playing the bloke with the black and white blazer.
    He was asked to do the voice over after saying he was a huge fan of the series.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Q.U.B.E.

It's kinda ok. Of the portal/Talos/Turing school of games. Quite enjoyed the start, but it's mixing in a few extra ideas which dilute its purity. I'll be feeling reasonably positive I guess if it didn't start to drag.

The story meanwhile... Hmm...
  • Stardew Valley

As mentioned elsewhere, I’m still going strong with this. It’s so easy to get drawn into a near endless loop of, “I’ll just get this, that, and that done before I put it down for the night...” Earlier in the week I was actually playing Stardew Valley while wearing the Stardew Valley t-shirt Rev gave me last Christmas, like the big kid I am.

I hope nobody minds me sharing some pics of my progress. I’ll put it all in a big spoiler, because I suppose some of it could be spoilerific for anyone who hasn’t played and wants to go in blind.

Spoiler:
  • Bloody hell mate. Some top work and serious hours there. Excellent.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Man, that's impressive. I'd play Stardew, but I don't want my virtual life to be less depressing than my real one. (That's why I play shit like Fallout, at least then my video game existence is slightly shittier than RL.) ;)
  • He-sus, good work. Although my greenhouse is more efficient than yours. That’s the only thing though, the rest is a cobbled together mess.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!