Nintendo Switch
  • AJ wrote:
    Out of curiosity, is anyone else holding on to their gold points in case there's a promotion involving them?

Don't sit on them to long, they expire.

I know. There's a page that tells you what points you've got expiring soon, I've got many months left.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    there are two free pinball games on the eshop.

FX has a shit table, didn't try the other.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    indigoDos wrote:
    Not sure if you've got the hardware but Doom is < a tenner on the Ps store atm. Far superior version too obv.

Specifically switch based at the moment. Gaming pc is packed up so I can't even get it for that. I was really just looking for a shooter for the switch. Still might pick doom up, but I'll probably try the physical version given the memory issue

Might want to check how much the space the cart version needs before buying, I think that's a bit excessive, too.
  • What are the loading times like on SWD2? Wondering whether to bother installing it on the marginally faster internal memory, since there's space.
  • Hardly noticeable. I don't remember any lengthy ones.
  • Cool, saves me a small effort. Thanks.
  • AJ wrote:
    I didn't see much to spend them on even now they've added switch stuff.

Is that a dig at the games available in the eShop?

No
  • Had to check. So was that a slip of the tongue or is there Switch stuff somewhere I've missed?
  • anyone tried Castle of Heart on Switch?
  • AJ wrote:
    Had to check. So was that a slip of the tongue or is there Switch stuff somewhere I've missed?

I wasn't thinking in terms of discounts on actual games, just the actual shite they've got available on that store as it's all shite.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Nah they're all great cos they're on Nintendo
  • Not the eshop. Although there's a fair amount of shite.
  • I still don't know what you're talking about.
  • AJ wrote:
    RedDave2 wrote:
    indigoDos wrote:
    Not sure if you've got the hardware but Doom is < a tenner on the Ps store atm. Far superior version too obv.
    Specifically switch based at the moment. Gaming pc is packed up so I can't even get it for that. I was really just looking for a shooter for the switch. Still might pick doom up, but I'll probably try the physical version given the memory issue
    Might want to check how much the space the cart version needs before buying, I think that's a bit excessive, too.

Good shout. A quick check seems that although you can play the single player without installing any patch (you have to airplane mode the console though) the updates which improve the framerate and controls are all tied with the huge multiplayer mode. 

MIght as well invest in an SD card. Still several switch games I'm looking forward to and I prefer to not bother with the carts if there is no advantage
    SFV - reddave360
  • Tempy wrote:
    Mikemsp wrote:
    They don’t want to give a target date like “2017” or “early 2018”  according to that blog post. Something very odd with this - still sounds like they are a fair way off finishing so why did they ever think they could do it in 2017?
    That update for PC brings the PC version to parity with the build they have for Switch. There's nothing odd about it. They have clearly changed their minds about what build they want to take to Switch. You're getting the most up to date, optimised build. The fact you're still so twisted over them trying to present you the best possible version of the game is what's odd.

The suggestion that team cherry are delaying solely so as to deliver optimal quality is laughable, particularly given their track record of "punt and patch".

I am mildly irritated by not being able to play the game on the switch, what really offends me is when IT Delivery (my job for the last 20 years) is done this poorly.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • MattyJ wrote:
    MattyJ wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Anyone played Blossom Tales, the unabashed top down Zelda clone?  Just watched the video, it looks surprisingly legit.
    After a bit of googling I think I'll pick this one up.
    Can you report back on how it is?

Sure thang.

Have spent an hour with this and can confirm it's basically zelda. Not quite as polished in some areas but also improving in others. You don't have quantity of items like bombs but an energy bar which recharges. This is also used for your shield and whatever else you'll pick up weapon wise. It works pretty well so far.

There are heart containers to collect, gems to expand your energy bar and also fetch quests to accompany the main questline.

I'm enjoying it and looking forward to putting more time into it, it's a pretty safe bet that if you like link to the past you'll like this.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • They don’t want to give a target date like “2017” or “early 2018”  according to that blog post. Something very odd with this - still sounds like they are a fair way off finishing so why did they ever think they could do it in 2017?
    That update for PC brings the PC version to parity with the build they have for Switch. There's nothing odd about it. They have clearly changed their minds about what build they want to take to Switch. You're getting the most up to date, optimised build. The fact you're still so twisted over them trying to present you the best possible version of the game is what's odd.
      The suggestion that team cherry are delaying solely so as to deliver optimal quality is laughable, particularly given their track record of "punt and patch". I am mildly irritated by not being able to play the game on the switch, what really offends me is when IT Delivery (my job for the last 20 years) is done this poorly.

Fair enough. Still think you're extrapolating wildly. When they're beholden to no schedule but their own, how can the delivery be poor? They're not missing release dates, they're a 3 man team, and they've given it tons of free content since launch.
  • Is it out on switch? How much? I'm gonna have a stab it looks great.
  • Is it out on switch? How much? I'm gonna have a stab it looks great.

If this is about Blossom then it's currently in the sale at about £11.50 or thereabouts

• Oh forgot to say it's framed as a story being told by a grandad to two grandchildren, and they argue over the details of the story - so I just chose if I wanted to fight archers or golems! Nice touch
  • Tempy wrote:
    Fair enough. Still think you're extrapolating wildly. When they're beholden to no schedule but their own, how can the delivery be poor? They're not missing release dates, they're a 3 man team, and they've given it tons of free content since launch.
    They are setting expectations (2017 / early 2018) which they are not meeting - that's poor delivery management.  Lots of other small sw teams who give a date and stick to it.

• Well send 'em an email with your complaints and i'm sure they'll oblige to give you a detailed explanation as to why the game isn't out yet
  • I did 4 months ago, offered my assistance as well but no reply

• enjoying axiom verge, super metroid but in name. zelda blossom tales, is definitely on the list for a trip down memory lane.

Moot@ did you buy The Mummy demastered?
  • Not yet, but I've pretty much decided to go for that, Blossom and Wonderboy in the current sale because it's pay day.  And I've already bought an EShop card.  If nothing else, The Mummy is a definite.

Can anyone who's played Wonderboy confirm if there's a modern mode of sorts, with less harsh checkpoints?  I'm not used to trekking back to a tough bit these days, I've become accustomed to insta restarts.
  • Picked up Celeste. Can't see a thread for it. Looking forward to getting stuck in.
  • I bought Wonderboy and The Mummy.  Blossom can wait for a more generous discount, but I'll almost definitely grab it at some point.  

Wonderboy is one of the most gorgeous side scrollers I've ever seen, they absolutely nailed the update.  Retro mode at the touch of a button too, music and SFX can be rolled back too.  If they do a (Master System version) Monsterland update I'll be in for day one.
  • One and a bit worlds of Kirby done in co-op.  I'm enjoying it, it's actually a relief at this stage to have my partner in crimes request something other than Odyssey, but it's not my sort of platformer.  Lots to see/do/unlock/collect, but heavy on the cakewalk-in-the-park gentleness.  Co-op buddy is 3 and she's only died twice so far - gentle platforming for sure.  

We've got two minigames available at the mo, one of which is a decent enough mp LCD kind of thing where you chop trees, the other is a two-snap meteor baseball distance counter.  They're fun, but extra content doesn't get much lighter than that, I hope the subsequent unlocks reveal something special.  Duaghter was beaming though, I can't knock it too much.
  • There are drunken adult party games on this aren't there? What's good and what's not?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!