Nintendo Switch
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You lot need to fact check this stuff.  He rode a Yamaha.
    These guys clearly haven't heard of the incident where he lost control while showing off, causing the death of a minor and his own castration via a waste disposal container.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's the photograph from the Book of Tom. Argument over.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You lot need to fact check this stuff.  He rode a Yamaha.
    These guys clearly haven't heard of the incident where he lost control while showing off, causing the death of a minor and his own castration via a waste disposal container.

Exactly.  He was probably doing the 'look ma, no hands' bit from Sons of Anarchy.
  • Fair enough, I stand corrected. You can’t argue with official biblical photographs.
  • He didn't ride a motorbike at all - Billy did the driving.  

SHOEHORNED!
  • WorKid wrote:
    Jesus had a BMX you fools. Read the scriptures.
    Given what BMX stands for that's highly unlikely.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    He was probably doing the 'look ma, no hands' bit from Sons of Anarchy.

For three days and three nights.
  • I'm bored, so people should list Switch games I might have missed that could make me decide to waste my money on one, this deal isn't going to last forever.
  • Good try, but I don't think mixing a genre I'm indifferent to with a genre I'm bored of will work for me.
  • JonB wrote:
    WorKid wrote:
    Jesus had a BMX you fools. Read the scriptures.
    Given what BMX stands for that's highly unlikely.

Most modern historians actually believe Jesus was born in Croydon in the late 1970's.
  • Also I'm playing Golf Story. It's an addictive mix of so-so 16 bit RPG and a very simple golf game.

I like it.
  • AJ wrote:
    Good try, but I don't think mixing a genre I'm indifferent to with a genre I'm bored of will work for me.

Good try, but... Your face.
  • I know, it's a constant disappointment to me, too.
  • GOLF STORY

I bought it in the sale!!!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    AJ wrote:
    I'm bored, so people should list Switch games I might have missed that could make me decide to waste my money on one, this deal isn't going to last forever.

Steamworld Dig 2

• Apparently not on 3DS, like I thought, so that's the list up to five. Good call.
  • It's really, really, really good.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    If you’ve played the first this is a big step forward. I’m now holding out for the third.
  • Dont forget Steamworld Heist if you havent played it.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • If you've enjoyed XCom in the past and you're up for a kinda deep-lite version of that - and don't mind furries running around saying 'blaaargh!' - Mario Rabbids is one of Ubisoft's best ever efforts imo.  

Unless it's a principles thing, the never-gonna-budge cost of first party carts can be considered a good thing if you're willing to sell when you're done.  The unwavering Nintendo value thing is a good way to rent games indefinitely.
  • I love xcom and found rabbids annoying
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Playing Heist on my 3DS at the moment.

I'd probably enjoy Rabbids X-COM and, for a time, was intending to get it, but I've realised there are too many other things I want to play more and it'd just linger. I'm just not into strategy enough to do it in campaign. Same thing happened with Fire Emblem and Valkyria Chronicles. I'm starting to think I might not finish Heist, either.

I don't like to sell games I like, so the unwavering price of first party carts doesn't help with that. The one silver lining is that it means the digital prices for first party stuff don't seem as insanely high as they would otherwise.
  • Rabbids is on sale digitally at the moment (30% Off) I was very tempted but I have enough gam3s to be getting on with.

Also, I'm playing Mario kart and oydessy right now quite a bit. Not sure I want to add another Mario game into the circulation right now.
    SFV - reddave360
  • AJ wrote:
    I'm bored, so people should list Switch games I might have missed that could make me decide to waste my money on one, this deal isn't going to last forever.

While I have some idea what you probably have and haven’t seen, I can’t be sure. So, I’ll just tell you what I’ve got...

1-2 Switch
    For my money, the most joy per pound to be had on the Switch. Limited in when it can be played (unless you’ve got plenty of family and friends) but still worth it, in my widely-disputed opinion.

ARMS
    Probably the most original fighter I’ve played, it’s a blast. And I’ve just realised that the latest Crash Party is this weekend, not a week from now, and I’ve been missing it. I could cry.

Blaster Master Zero
    Port of some shit SNES (I think) game. Avoid.

Brawlout
    Smash Brothers-style fighter. Edge gave this a [3]. I’ll let you know my verdict once I get past an impossible tutorial task.

The Bridge
    MC Escher-inspired puzzler.

Butcher
    2D shooter, a frantic blast-em-up with gameplay in the Not a Hero vein; it requires memorisation of enemy placement and attack styles to even make it to the end of a level, let alone do it well, and you have feck all health. Visually it’s like the pixelated bastard lovechild of Doom and Super Meat Boy.

Fast RMX
    A lightning fast racer, wipEout without the weapons. One of the best looking games on the console.

FIFA 18
    I’ve written about this elsewhere. You can’t play online with your friends, only fandoms, but apart from that, it’s an impressive port.

The Flame in the Flood
    Third person apocalyptic river survival. I find this really hard.

Floor Kids
    Rhythm action break dancing. I love this game. The game doesn’t dictate to you what button presses you’re going to make, although at times the audience will request a certain type of move, and you’ll get more points for doing so. The music is great, and the graphics are utterly charming.

Golf Story
    A mixture of a genre you’re indifferent to and a genre you’re bored of will. I’m not sure this would work for you.

Gorogoa
    Strange picture puzzler. You have four spaces, and can have up to four picture tiles, and as you zoom in and out, and position them in different places relative to each other, the objects in the pictures can have an effect on one another, or create larger images. That’s probably not a great explanation, sorry.

Graceful Explosion Machine
    This is a side-scroller of the travel-in-either-direction-because-it-loops type (did Defender do that?) where you have four different weapons (one on each face button, effectively one standard and three specials) and they power up differently, and are effective against different enemies. The art style is sort of bold/pastel simple shapes like Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime.

Guns, Gore & Cannoli
    Mafia-themed side-on platforming shooter with gory graphics.

Human Resource Machine
    A basic programming puzzler from Tomorrow Corporation, so it has an underlying message.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    What a headliner. I've put in well over a hundred hours. Without double-checking, I’m pretty sure it’s the forum GotY, with good reason.

Lego City Undercover
    I’ve seen this described as Grand Theft Lego. While it doesn’t quite have the same scope, it’s not a bad description, and it is certainly a whole lot of fun.

Little Inferno
    Literally a game about burning things in a fireplace. Again, it’s from the Tomorrow Corporation, so there’s an underlying message. Mostly it’s delivered pretty well, but at times it’s a little on the nose, never more so than in the unnecessarily drawn-out cut-scenes at the end.

Mantis Burn Racing
    Top-down racer. There was some excitement here when it was a potential Motorstorm RC successor, but this is a different beast; longer tracks, no instant restarts. It has an unusual upgrade system, but it’s a solid game. The Switch version includes all the previously released DLC, including battle cars and anti-grav vehicles.

MarioKart 8 Deluxe
    Superb, loads of content, looks fantastic, plays a dream.

Namco Museum
    Because you haven’t paid over the odds for these games on enough platforms over the years.

NBA Playgrounds
    Flawed homage to NBA Jam. The graphics are smeared in Vaseline, and it’s got an opening-foil-wrapped-cards approach to player unlocks, which is unwelcome.

Othello
    It would’ve been difficult to get this wrong. Competent representation.

Overcooked Special Edition
    This game will surely go-on to be considered an all-time great, and I haven’t even had the opportunity to play it multiplayer yet (just chop the fucking onions!).

Retro City Rampage DX
    ADHD lunacy. When this very first came out on other platforms, I hoped for something more like the original gta. It’s not that, but it’s fine for a quick in-joke laden fuck around.

Robonauts is one where you navigate mini planets (planettes, if you will) where you’re frequently picking up different primary and secondary weapons, then jumping and switching to another planet’s gravity. The robot you control is essentially a rip-off Wall.E/Eve hybrid.

Snake Pass
    3D platformer, with unique snake-controlling mechanics. I bought this at launch on PS4, but I really wasn’t sure about it. Others (Gav?) said I was wrong, and I tried again. It’s frustrating as all hell at points, but there’s something there.

Snipperclips
    I’m sure you’ll’ve seen this. Probably best played in couch co-op, shouting at each other for not snipping each other the right way, but an interesting challenge in single player.

Sonic Mania
    It’s Sonic, so I’m baffled why I bought this, or thought it would be anything other than utter shite. It’s a ‘return to form’ apparently. So, it’s a big steaming turd, rather than the burning diarrhoea of more recent Sonics.

Splatoon 2
    Overrated third-person squidinker.

Stardew Valley
    Farming / mining / arsehole neighbours simulator.

Steamworld Dig 2
    A strong favourite on this forum. I like it too but, if I’m perfectly honest, I’m not sure I entirely get where the level of enthusiasm is coming from.

Steamworld Heist
    Side on, turn-based shooter in the Steamworld universe. I’ve only tackled a few levels, but it seems decent.

Super Mario Odyssey
    I’m sure you’ll‘be heard of this...

Thumper
    This may be available elsewhere, but to me it makes sense on Switch, and it's a cracking assault on your senses.

Tiny Troopers Joint Ops XL
    Top-down war themed shooter where you control small, cute soldiers in warfare, and your soldiers get promoted the longer they survive. That’s where the Cannon Fodder comparison ends, if that’s what you’re looking for, unfortunately. This is twin-stick controls, and is a different beast. Not popular. I like it enough that this is another double-dip.

Wheels of Aurelia
    Truly a fucking odd game. I really hope that it’s an issue with the translation from Italian, because otherwise this is a game about militant feminist lesbians and sleazy criminals who all make life-changing decisions without a care in the world, as though they have borderline personality disorders, and pursue each other for miles over barely conceived, or articulated grievances. The optional driving controls are poor, and the conversations are bizarre. A must buy if you think a woman flirting with another woman while smoking a cigarette is ground-breakingly edgy.

Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap
    A re-skinning (with original graphics, if you want) of the original. I’ve bounced off it twice now. It’s opaque to the extent that I have no idea if my blind fumbled attempts to get to grips with it are even taking me in the right direction, or making much by way of progress.

Wulver Blade
    It’s 120AD, and the Romans are invading Britannia. Paint your face blue, plait your ginger beard, and kick them the fuck out. It’s Taexali: Renegade.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2
    It’s an RPG, innit. Possibly a JRPG, I’m not sure. I mean, it’s an RPG from J, but I don’t know enough about the genre to know if that’s enough. I’ve hardly played any JRPGs. I’ve hardly played this, either. Seems alright, if you don’t mind underdressed children flirting with each other and gaining the respect of their adult, PTSD-scarred team-mates.

If you’d like me to say more about any of the games, please just ask. If you’d like me to say less about them, tough; I’ve typed it all out now.
  • Splatoon isn't first person ya dingus
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    This Owlboy game, which is allegedly out on Tuesday, which y'all getting excited about... that's the same one that came free with my £8 Civ VI humble bundle, right?

#masterrace
  • I've never even bothered with it on PC. It sounded like it was good looking but mechanically a bit dull.
  • Yes to both Muzzy and Tempy.

That's a hell of a list Andy, thanks. I'll read it properly later, when I'm not on my phone.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!