Playstation 4 [The all you can eat buffet thread]
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Spoiler:

Yeah, that makes sense.  As I said, I missed a couple of files.  (I inadvertently scrolled the bloody microfiche forwards before I looked at the screen.  Because I'm a genius.)  The broad strokes of the thing are the same though.
  • Fwiw I thought
    Spoiler:
  • That the picture in the locket is
    Spoiler:

is one of the few things I can say with absolute certainty.  Beyond that, I'm confident that
    Spoiler:

I was confident, until I read some posts here, that
    Spoiler:

while I remain confident that
    Spoiler:

Ultimately, the game is
    Spoiler:

There is a fine line between being bold or brave and just being stupid. If this game had better structure, well written and delivered dialogue, and kept the current graphics, that would have been brave. If it had better structure, a visual style capable of imparting complex ideas and information, and kept the no dialogue, that would have been brave. If it had that more complex visual style, well written and delivered dialogue, and its current structure, that would have been bold. To attempt to tell this story with no dialogue, playmobil graphics and no structure? That's just stupid.
  • Andy wrote:
    If it had...a visual style capable of imparting complex ideas and information...

Half agree with this.  I thought the visuals were competent enough to convey most of what they wanted to put across, but with the flat shaded approach (if that's what it's called these days) things like facial recognition were lacking.
    Spoiler:
  • I must admit I'm enjoying the discussions more than the game though, especially Andy's mild disgust.
  • Moots post on Rive makes me wish I had time to play games anymore :(
  • Got the epilogue stage to play when the telly is free.  If you think you'd enjoy it from the description you will.  5hrs of perfect controls, enjoyable contrivances, hundreds of 'aaargh!  My fault' deaths and loads go-with-the-flow game references.  I'm gonna find you an irresistible video.
  • Virginia

I hated it. 
    Spoiler:

For those who don't want anything spoiled, I think that reads like a 9/10.
  • Have you met Andy?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Stopharage wrote:
    But for the latter quarter I was trying to come up with a single reason as to why you should bother playing this, over just watching a YouTube play through.

I enjoyed the Asura's Wrath dlc by pretending to play a Youtube vid.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    I thought he was your alt?

You sir, are a cad, I find that most offensive.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Stopharage wrote:
    But for the latter quarter I was trying to come up with a single reason as to why you should bother playing this, over just watching a YouTube play through.
    I enjoyed the Asura's Wrath dlc by pretending to play a Youtube vid.

Now that was a good game. Although I didn't bother with the DLC. Was he still angry?
    The Forum Herald™
  • He was still prone to the odd tantrum, yes.
  • Darkest Dungeon is out soon on PS4. Smart rogue like where you recruit and push various people through various dungeons full of death, disease, ancient magick and cosmic horrors, until they become irreparably scarred by scores of issues until they become useless and you have to get rid of them and train up new blood. It's pretty fun!
  • I think it's already available.
  • I dunno I don't own a PS4 I just know it's a good game that was set to release around this time.
  • Out today
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's good, and a lot better than it was in early access, naturally.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I think it's cross buy too. Looked to be a good fit for Vita.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Darkest Dungeon is great but it is quite frustrating. There is no winning, only guaranteed death for everyone.
  • Is grow home worth a pop for 3.99? It kinda passed me by, but been looking at it recently and it looks like my sort of thing possibly.
  • It's a lovely little few hours long game with a weird control scheme that makes you really love the stupid idiot robot you're controlling. It's also delightfully pretty too. I'd say it's worth a fancy beer, yep.
  • weadre wrote:
    Is grow home worth a pop for 3.99? It kinda passed me by, but been looking at it recently and it looks like my sort of thing possibly.

Yes.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I thought what I played was average, but a big part of that could've been the PS Plus factor.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    It's a no from me Jeff.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I found the controls too frustrating but what little I played was promising. I'm all for that kind of shizzle.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!