Friday Fun: Dinner Party Guests
  • The rules are simple: you can have up to six videogame character guests at your dinner party this weekend. Real people who feature in videogames (eg footballers, historical figures) are not permitted, but fictional characters who have since appeared in a videogame (eg Batman) are. Characters can be alive or dead (but please avoid spoilers if you're inviting someone like Aeris... oops) and need not be human. Who are you inviting, and why? Also, who are you definitely not inviting?

If you're feeling particularly generous (or indecisive), you can have a different dinner party each night, Fri, Sat and Sun.

I'll go first.

Nathan Drake Uncharted series
    Sure, I'd have to keep an eye on my valuables, and there's a risk he'd shoot all of us dead if one of us looked at him funny, but he's got that cheeky charm, and a fair few stories to tell.

Lara Croft Tomb Raider
    Sure, I'd have to keep an eye on my valuables, and there's a risk she'd shoot all of our pets dead if one of them looked at her funny, but she's got that confident air, and a fair few stories to tell.

Chumbucket Mad Max
    I'd just be entertained by his godwottery-loaded running commentary of the evening's events.

Ayumi X-Blades
    Because I'm a sad, lonely pervert, and it's been a while since I mentioned this game. I'm sure she could join in with Nate and Lara's inevitable relic-hunting one-upmanship, too.

Body-dragging, decapitated head-kicking goblin Barbarian
    I'm a Guardian-reading bleeding-heart loony-left liberal, and I'm damned if I'm not going to use this dinner party to demonstrate to my friends that I'm an open minded fellow with a diverse array of friends. Also, the way he booted that head around demonstrated that he's got a wicked sense of humour.

Utsusemi Bushido Blade
    I'd like him to teach us all some sword-skills as pre-dinner entertainment.

I'll hire Cooking Mama to prepare the meal, and the ice-cream seller from Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe to provide dessert.

I'm definitely not inviting Pac-man, because I've seen how much he eats, or Wei Shen from Sleeping Dogs, because he'll easily trump all my work stories.
  • Interesting, I might post when/if I get some time later. Think we did one of these before but with 3 people and I remember going for Andrew Ryan, Vayne Solidor and Dr Breen.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Maneater from Demon's Souls. That's 2 then...
  • Confident air lol, sorry mate but you don't have a chance with Lara if Drake is there.
  • That's alright, I'm after Ayumi.
  • Not that I have a chance there, either.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Sakuya from Okami for me, proper lovely
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Not even past page one and already this turned into ‘which game character do you fancy’.
  • Yoshi coz he'd eat up all the left overs.

Zangief for security.

Dinklebot for some fun anecdotes.

Master Chief for war stories.

Asylum Demon for the bouncy castle.

Bayonetta for the eye candy and flirting.
  • Alex Vance - Half Life
    Kasumi - DOA
    Garrus - Mass Effect
    Tali - Mass Effect
    Sam & Max
  • I'd just get stoned with Ratbag, don't need anyone else there.
  • From Shadow of Mordor? Good shout.

@stonechalice I take it Asylum Demon is from something Souls, but Dinklebot?
  • Andy wrote:
    From Shadow of Mordor? Good shout.

@stonechalice I take it Asylum Demon is from something Souls, but Dinklebot?

Dark souls 1.
    Dinklebot is the ghost from destiny, except peter dinklage no longer voices him it now nolan north.
  • Andy wrote:
    Nathan Drake Uncharted series Sure, I'd have to keep an eye on my valuables, and there's a risk he'd shoot all of us dead if one of us looked at him funny, but he's got that cheeky charm, and a fair few stories to tell.

Wouldn't you just keep saying, "yeah I know".
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Claptrap from Borderlands so I can cave his little cunt face in with a hammer. Do that fucking beatboxing again ya little shit I dare ya.
  • Bayonetta, because she's fit, sexy and gets nekkid a lot.

Anastacia of Astora (the Fire Keeper from Firelink Shrine in Dark Souls 1). Why? A woman who can't talk - that's basically the perfect woman.

By "dinner party", I assumed you meant "sex dungeon".

Oh and Sephiroth: I'd like to see him try to cut his dinner with that gigantically oversized katana.
  • Conker He would be good for a drink and can achieve a lot on a hangover so would be useful for tidying up.

Han Solo
    For tales of smuggling around the galaxy, would let him bring Chewie as a plus one.

Samus Aran
    Stories of space adventures. Plus, that ass!

ToeJam and Earl
    They can bring the music.

Ol' Dirty Bastard
    ODB can bring the rhymes
  • GLADoS (Portal): For after dinner games.
    Beholder (Doom): It would be able to resolve any arguments with an interesting and definitive perspective.
    Wandering Stranger (Strangers Wrath): Tragic backstory and live ammo would make things interesting.
    Trevor Phillips (GTAV): what dinner party doesn't need a psychotic redneck drug dealing entrepreneur?
    Hugo Strange (Batman): Would further exacerbate the already tense atmosphere by constantly passively aggressively analysing everyone else.

What this has demonstrated is that there are so few interesting female characters in games.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Gremill wrote:
    What this has demonstrated is that there are so few interesting female characters in games.
  • I'll take a selection from the DOAX series.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hmm, I'll give it a go...

Elena (Uncharted) - All the same stories as Nate, but with a journalist's instinct, and a significantly lower chance of theft or violence.  

Ellie (Last of Us) - My almost teen kids will think she's awesome.  I will fret she's a bad influence, but no worse than everyone else at dinner.

Sam and Max - Clearly really one entity.  (Though I'd settle for just Sam)  They'd be entertaining company, Max would eat everything no matter how badly I screw up the cooking, and you never know when you might need the (freelance) Police.

Dandelion - I could fill the entire table exclusively with characters from the Witcher, but if we're sticking to one, Dandelion's my choice.  Yes, he's a self obsessed fop, but he's also a professional storyteller and entertainer.  There's no risk of the conversation coming to an embarrassing stop.  (Whereas with Geralt, it's pretty likely.)

Lego Batman - Clearly a hell of a lot more fun than actual Batman.  Also in any group of people, there's always someone who ends up the butt of everyone's jokes.  Lego Batman is not only perfect material for light hearted mockery, but is sufficiently arrogant to never be fazed by it.  Also, I may not even have to feed him.

Hungry Horace - No leftovers.  Also he can tell us about his ski trips, and tell me once and for all what he actually is.
  • The pills from Dr Mario cos I reckon that would get the party going.

Barman from Beer Tapper cos beer.

Either Dinosaur from Bubble Bobble to fill the room with bubbles and turn everything into candy and fruit.

The narrator from Bastion to narrate the evening.

God from populous cos he/she would have some stories.

The cast of Streets of Rage 2 who would bring some tunes.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • The narrator from Bastion to narrate the evening.
    Well played sir.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    The cast of HotD 2, including Ther Empururgh
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    For me, this question can pretty much be reformulated as: who are your 6 favourite LucasArts game characters?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Hand on the Dick.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Leisure Suit Larry - stories and entertainment trying to get off with Lara
    Wario - ditto
    Miner Willy - will be a big help with the tidy up
    Lara Croft - stories and lovely
    Duke Nukem - will be glad of the invite after the "forever fiasco". Old school cool.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!