Remakes you'd like to see...
  • I disagree. Actraiser doesn't need a remake. Perfectly fine as it is!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • AJ wrote:
    You know the guy who designed the swinging mechanics is doing a Tony Hawks style game based around them? I keep meaning to do a thread for it (and possibly other stuff of minority interest).
    You know that the swinging mechanics of the first Spider-man game on a PlayStation were based on the first Tony Hawks game, right?
  • DEUS EX hd with proper PHYSICS
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aero the acrobat
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Rescue on Fractalus

Close the thread!
  • A combination of Panzer Dragoon and Panzer Dragoon Zwei with next gen graphics would be pretty amazing.  Or a remake of Saga.  Or some sort of ultimate amalgamation of all three + Orta.

I think what I want more than anything else is a Micro Machines II update on XBLA/PSN etc though.  They wouldn't even have to do anything to it (except add online play) for me to buy it.
  • Buck Bumble.

Loved that game.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Road Rash
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bushido Blade, but with a more detailed body damage system.  The Kengo games introduced the idea of bleeding out, but it could be taken further.

Colony Wars.  It's a bugger to control these days, now that different control systems have taken precedence, but the ship design is awesome.

Midwinter.  Because obviously.
  • Would love to see a new super physicsy Destruction Derby.

Then Colony Wars, G-Police and Silent Bomber.

However, I think of two games I would've given various body parts to be remade 2 years ago, Silent Hill 2 and THPS, and I reckon this may not be such a good idea.
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Buck Bumble.

Loved that game.

The PS1 generation is probably the one with numerious games most deserving of remakes. Boday Harvest was another well received N64 game that would probably be worth an update.

Even having a second analog stick for these games would improve them.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • @Shinji Silent Hill 2 definitely doesn't need remaking, it's still the pinnacle of horror gaming as far as I'm concerned. Most of today's horror games wouldn't exist without Team Silent's finest work.
  • Switch blade on the spectrum.
    Jet set Willy
    Zero wing
    Please
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • This prompted me to once again go looking for, and finally find, a copy of One on PlayStation.  It will not be as good as I remembered.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    You know that the swinging mechanics of the first Spider-man game on a PlayStation were based on the first Tony Hawks game, right?

I know it used the same engine, yeah. In those days, it was quite something to fluidly change your orientation to the world.
  • FFVII.
    RE2.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Chief wrote:
    @Shinji Silent Hill 2 definitely doesn't need remaking, it's still the pinnacle of horror gaming as far as I'm concerned. Most of today's horror games wouldn't exist without Team Silent's finest work.
    Yeah I supposed I should differentiate between remake and the HD process, which they completely borked up.
  • Hydrophobia. Nice idea fucked up by sloppy execution.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Rock N Roll Racing.  The driving is a little stiff nowadays since you can only travel in 8 directions, and it is on the easy side.

Use the Vita Motorstorm game as a template, but with more guns.  And rock n roll.  Try and get the same bloke who did the commentary if possible.

Also tempted to suggest Jagged Alliance 2 but I've not tried the recent online game.  Mostly I'd just like Firaxis to redo X-Com in an 80's action movie skin, really.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Mark of Kri.

PS2 game that is sort of the precursor to God of War, only with better combat. You marked characters with a swivel of the analog stick, and that left them with a button icon over their head. So you could lock on three enemies at once and prioritise whether to hit the square, circle or triangle duded when and how much.

You also had a crow partner who you could send forward as a scout to give you a birds eye view of a map and enemy routines.

It really felt a lot to me like the original Tenchu games in that it encouraged stealth to perfect a level, but it also had great combat for when you stuffed up. The visual style was some kind of mid-90s Disney-esque cartoon shading with a strong Polynesian (faux?) theme too, something not represented at all in gaming these days.

Framerate was dogshit at times though, that was the one big downfall.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:

I almost said this myself. There's been trine and whatnot. But it was more puzzly iirc.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Shinji wrote:
    Would love to see a new super physicsy Destruction Derby.
    I very nearly put this myself as it was by far my most played Playstation title in the early days but I left it out for one reason...

...it looks like it's coming!

Bugbear are making Next Car Game and having had immense fun over LAN at my old workplace with Flatout I have quite high hopes of it filling Destruction Derby's shoes.

• metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    But it was more puzzly iirc.

You rc. 

I remember that the name of some levels would be the key to figuring out what to do. "Tulips from Hamster Jam" being a particularly memorable example. Squash hamster, plant seed in remains, climb plant. 

Argh; spoilerz!
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • @Moto70 woooo! That certainly looks like a DD game, will keep an eye on it

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!