We got a rat. The GTAV spoiler and story thread.
‹ Previous123
  • Feel free to chirp, sing and generally chit chat about anything to do with the story, missions, cheats, characters without fear of spoiler reprisal.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'm not going to play the story mode so I'll read this thread instead. Don't fail me.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It might have just been me struggling on the missions where you have to nick something big (such as a garbage truck or a big rig) but I have found the best thing to do is nick it, move it out of the area and then get out. You can easily lose your wanted stars and the vehicle is then free to collect safely.

I must have lost around $75,000 stealing the fucking bore machine...
  • Ah, I chose the other option for that heist. When you replay heist missions from the menu can you choose the approach again?

So, uh, actual spoilers ahead.

I'm also wondering what happens when you choose the kill Michael or kill Trevor options instead of the third choice. I was hoping if one had to die it be Franklin. I got sick of all the dawgs and niggas.
  • I dunno. I'm not playing the game.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Look out for the random event on Little Bighorn Avenue, up in Franklin's original starting area. Help the boy get his bike back for an unexpected reward. Worth it!
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I loved the last part when Franklin, Trevor and Michael each go after a target. Also I am showing 68/69 missions completed, what have I missed?
  • Anyone found any UFO parts or any scraps of the letter other than the one at the Cable car station?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yep. 

There's a spaceship part by the bopters on top on Central Hospital. There's another by the alien welcome site.

There's a scrap in dignity camp, a lighthouse and who knows where else?

@moto70 I'm also rocking the 68/69. Speaking to Enigma, he took option A on the Big Score and I did B. Reckoning it's because of A I chose B on the big score as he too chose C for the deathwish as me. Generally *shrug*

@tempy, you could check here (scroll down for the map) http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/career/checklist
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    @moto, the 69th mission is a lester one yo.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I chose C (Deathwish) as well.

So to get the 69/69 I have to replay that mission and choose A? I am confused?
  • Don't think so mate. I chose C and have 69/69 missions completed.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • There is a UFO part near the lake in the mountain to the East of the map (the high up lake).
    There are a series of parrallel drainage pipes (3 or 4) that run up one side of  the mountain side and down the other near the lake. The part is at the end of the pipe like it has been flushed through.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    beano wrote:

It's an assassination mission to be clear.

Clean up yo.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    beano wrote:
    beano wrote:
    It's an assassination mission to be clear. Clean up yo.
    Ahh, cheers.

I'll not get on it until Thursday night now though. :(
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Yeah my time is limited with this now. Work, eh.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    theres still a story type mission after the story......return to your trailer as trevor for a surprise.

also i saw a ghost and it disappeared leaving a blood stain!
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • I haven't spent much time with this since I finished it so I want to get back to it and find the secret stuff. I'll try and activate the No Country For Old Men random encounter so I can get the case. I'm guessing you will get chased by bounty hunters afterwards.

I love these mythbuster things too:
  • So what happens if you choose A or B?
  • I haven't spent much time with this since I finished it so I want to get back to it and find the secret stuff. I'll try and activate the No Country For Old Men random encounter so I can get the case. I'm guessing you will get chased by bounty hunters afterwards. I love these mythbuster things too:

That was ace

So cutscenes, were there any cutscenes in which you went 'erk' or felt what had gone on was a bit uncomfortable? I say this cause I was fine with all of them including the semi interactive torture scene except the one where when Trevor goes to his 'cousins' house and ends up in a standoff with the chick holdng a gun and the guy a knife. You dont know what happens but Trevor comes out covered in blood and i though 'fucking hell Trevor what did you dooooo'. Trevor's the boss man in this game though. I found it funny how women repeatedly fell for his 'interesting charm' is seemed.

And like others, i roleplayed, Trevor was the most amusing char to roleplay though, getting revenge on people who fucked him over (Hit him with their car etc) could get pretty creative, and i can say, worryingly, that i felt like i got a bit of Trevor style satisfaction from it
  • People die and you can't select them afterwards apparently. Interesting choice. Apparently you can choice those options without repercussions if you choose it from the in-game replay menu
  • I didn't think any of the cutscenes went too far or anything I just thought some of them were a bit bland. I think it was the direction of them. They were all quite plainly shot which is a shame considering how much the GTA games are in love with movies.
    Being able to have proper depth of field would help though as it will make it look proper so maybe that will be fixed in the next-gen versions.
  • Also the animation was brilliant. Largely by hand too I think I read.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Also the animation was brilliant. Largely by hand too I think I read.

Could you find a source for this? I'll be very surprised if the animation wasnt touched up mocap, in the end though the animation was several different systems in tandem, im supposing some state machine blending many many animations together mixed with procedural mixing between that and possibly area specific ragdolling and IK for foot and hand placement. I'm assuming they're still using euphoria? That thing is the bees knees. Animations a pretty complex thing these days i guess, i don't think you'd see a pure 'cooked' animation outside of a cutscene
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm assuming we all picked the third way right?
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Also the animation was brilliant. Largely by hand too I think I read.
    Could you find a source for this? I'll be very surprised if the animation wasnt touched up mocap, in the end though the animation was several different systems in tandem, im supposing some state machine blending many many animations together mixed with procedural mixing between that and possibly area specific ragdolling and IK for foot and hand placement. I'm assuming they're still using euphoria? That thing is the bees knees. Animations a pretty complex thing these days i guess, i don't think you'd see a pure 'cooked' animation outside of a cutscene

I meant in the cutscenes, source? Dunno, it was a month ago, I just read that a lot of it was hand-keyed as opposed to mo-capped, I could be wrong, but it sticks out as something I read.
‹ Previous123

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!