theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I only really saw a snippet but it was all rather odd.

Binding of Isaac is a very niche title, and giving floor time to a project where you don't even know what it is yet was bizarre. Yes you wub indies, we get it, but fark me.
  • Consoles are in trouble this generation I fear
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I think it will be a while before we see the heady days of 2007-9 again.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    beano wrote:
    I think the next person to call someone a fanboy on here (generally) other than themselves, deserves a punch in the fuck.
    Having seen what I saw last night I can categorically say that fanboys exist.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Microsoft wins next gen by announcing FIFA for next gen. the world of games is totes fucked.
    Fucked indeed but it seems Sony's cointer is Indie games, in other words games that can be played on an average PC. Edit: im sticking cointer, it sounds Irish.

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/cointer

Word of the day, all up in this bitch.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I say it's possible to be a rational fanboy of sorts. Enthusiastic about something yet not without reasons for disliking alternatives.

Kind of like supporting sporting teams without demonising your team's greatest rivals.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • I think Vela is drunk
  • I sure know I'm drunk
  • Someone buy Divekick
  • It's not even 8am here. Too early to be drunk, unless champagne and cornflakes are at hand
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Frosty wrote:
    Someone buy Divekick

Hahahaha!
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I'm just gonna strap a 360 to each hand and run down the street smacking myself in the face

Why not show everyone how rich and manly you are with a pair of Bones?

isanbard wrote:
    What was that Orange 200meg internet thing about too?

The real next gen for, like, 4-8 per cent of our pop. Enough speed to whiz full games in a tea break, with the majority of players pinging below 20 to each other for the first time. A world where online gaming is fair.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    beano wrote:
    I think the next person to call someone a fanboy on here (generally) other than themselves, deserves a punch in the fuck.

Re-read some of your posts have you?
  • Did Moto think fanboys were mythical?

Watched some of the trailers from last night. Interesting looking titles. But nothing that gets the blood pumping and the excitement going for a launch.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Moto70 wrote:
    beano wrote:

The works of Rene Descartes?
  • Also, Tokyo Game Show on the 9th. But, on the evidence of the last 2 showings there won't be anything to get excited about.

It's all well and good wheeling out a bunch of Indie curios but they will not sell a system for you.
    At this rate the PS4 will be a home console version of the Vita.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • monkey wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    beano wrote:

The works of Rene Descartes?

France, 1644 - The drawing room of Rene Descartes

"Je pense, donc je suis

I doubt everything, knowing only myself to exist. But how do I know I exist? I turn to the fanboy. The fanboy will unflichingly deny all criticisms aimed at him, and at the same time, will only see things to criticise in his opponents. The fanboy cannot decieve as he does not know he is one. As the fanboy acknowledges me, thus I exist, as he canot decieve himself with my existence.

Also i'm mad smart yo, and i'd never dream a fanboy dolt into existence, smdh"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Pound sign belies knowledge it's a copy and paste job I CALL FIE ON EDUCATION

• Rational: Nah it's just that 2 is next to 3 on a keyboard.

Fanboy: OBVIOUSLY A HACK JOB copied and pasted from some anonymous paste bin article Sony don't even have hardware it's all just running on tier 6 dev PC's whilst MS won't release the spec because they KNOW sony don't have a real spec just a lie and ergo fuck you all

Troll: You didn't quote, now you look like an idiot
  • Gamescom was pretty much like every games show for years, disappointing if you expect miracles. The only reason the last couple were entertaining was for Microsoft's spectacular fuck-ups, even they're not stupid enough to do that every time now.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    What time does this kick-off today and is anybody doing events for us to watch?

I want to see more of Dead Rising 3, The Division and something other than that fucking Orange car in Forza.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adored wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    beano wrote:
    Nope, something I saw on twitter after a conversation I had.
  • Vela wrote:
    Consoles are in trouble this generation I fear

They'll be absolutely fine.
  • Plan M wrote:
    They won't expand beyond their current niche and be crowded out from the mainstream by smart tvs, smart boxes and all the other stuff. The next next-gen will be games portals running on Apple and Google hardware. Everything will be Steam basically. 

Microsoft saw this and tried to bring out a transitional product. They failed by thinking only of the product they wanted to sell, rather than one the consumer wanted to buy. And mainstream consumers seem to be completely disinterested in buying Microsoft products.

Sony aren't in any better or worse position. 

Nintendo are finished as a hardware manufacturer.
  • There'll always be a fairly sizeable market of people who want to play games in the ideal best possible way. It's just not the size the big boys seem to think it is, they need to re-align their expectations somewhat.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    adored wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    beano wrote:
    Nope, something I saw on twitter after a conversation I had.
    But you haven't twit since the 14th?!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • monkey wrote:
    Plan M wrote:
    They won't expand beyond their current niche and be crowded out from the mainstream by smart tvs, smart boxes and all the other stuff. The next next-gen will be games portals running on Apple and Google hardware. Everything will be Steam basically.  Microsoft saw this and tried to bring out a transitional product. They failed by thinking only of the product they wanted to sell, rather than one the consumer wanted to buy. And mainstream consumers seem to be completely disinterested in buying Microsoft products. Sony aren't in any better or worse position.  Nintendo are finished as a hardware manufacturer.

Interesting post, thanks Monkey.

Personally I think the One and PS4 will sell by the bucketloads.  There's so much hype around both of them.  There wasn't the same hype around the Wii U though and I agree that they are finished when it comes to hardware.

Sad really - I grew up on Nintendo but they didn't move with the times.
  • Ninty are richer than god, they're probably fine for a good 20 years.
  • how can anyone say Nintendo didn't move with the times? Didn't the Wii basically preclude the casual revolution? The money is there for sure.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!