Pro Wrestling
  • Flair's entrance at the 92 Rumble was one of the best bits of camera work they ever did.
  • If you're referring to this...

there's little to compliment about it tbh.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:
    Honestly H, it's the same guys that have been doing the ringside cams for more years than I could begin to guess. Amazingly talented crew they have. Some of the best handheld work in the entire tv industry tbh, and that's a hell of a tough shift. These guys go for hours where my back would give out in a matter of minutes, and from a professional point of view, I'm consistently in awe of their work. Worth noting that several of their mainstay operators are quite old to still be doing that sort of work, which makes it all the more impressive. I haven't seen the Raw one take, as I only get to see highlights on YouTube, but I have noticed them doing a lot more of that sort of thing in recent months. The Sami Zayn entrance at Wrestlemania was brilliant. I'd be lying if I said I was paying that much attention to the camerawork at that point in proceedings, but it'll probably be done on a steadicam rather than just a handheld. 

These things are really just production decisions tbh. They're clearly just being more receptive to new (old*) ideas to make the show better. *it's such a 90s thing tbh, and back then the long one takes were all done on cabled handheld cams. Think things like TFI Friday and pretty much every live kids Saturday show for the origins of this sort of move being popular. When I started in tv, I used to have to cable-bash they guys doing these moves, and after a few years, I'd be doing the actual camerawork myself. Those days are long gone for me now. Body just isn't up to it. The people that do predominantly handheld work make a good living, because the truth is, most of us just don't want to know about it any more. We're all getting old.

One of the camera guys who has been there for over 20 years often does the shots of the wrestlers at the top of the ramp and then follows them down to the ring. Cena talks to him in most of his entrances, and references him if it's someone else.

On an episode of Miz TV last year, he filmed the entrance for an invisible John Cena. Because you can't see him you see.

It doesn't seem to be on YouTube, so can't embed it, but they put up a video of someone filming him filming the above on Instagram.
  • Funny stuff. Has to be said, they have seriously good cable bashers for the handheld guys.
  • Okay so further to my mention of UFC this weekend I'm just gonna drop a wee primer behind spoilers just in case anyone wants to get up to speed with who's fighting, and why it's important. From the first scrap to the last.

Thanks and I'll stop now.
    Spoiler:

Cheers.
  • Is there not a UFC thread?  "Fightmans" or something.
  • There is, yes, but it doesn't get much traction. And given the activity here I thought I could maybe get a couple people to join in.

But I won't press the issue, I know it's not everyone's cuppa. Just wanted to pass on info in case folk were interested, is all.
  • why would you want to watch men in their pants fight for real when you can watch men in their pants pretend to fight?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Why no Heavyweight bout Gav?
  • why would you want to watch men in their pants fight for real when you can watch men in their pants pretend to fight?
    i feel i should clarify this was meant entirely in jest and not a dig at anyone liking wrestling, or ufc for that matter. i used to really enjoy the wrestling but stopped following it a long while back, just occasionally check in here for the big events.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Spoiler:
  • Spoiler:

ohhh-thats-dumb-randy-marsh.gif
  • Yeah
    Spoiler:

Anyway, won't clog it up any more. Caposa on twitter or "MMA On Point" on yt are both really good sources for more. And also the "embedded" series that goes bts during fight week.

Cheers!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nice meta nod to the one take shots I've been enjoying from Kevin Owens on Smackdown.
  • Why does his belt say detroit tigers?
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Because they were in Detroit, and you can buy NFL themed belts off the store. He saw it and liked tigers so picked it up.
  • OK, so he isn't an actual champ? Kinda like the rocks belt at mania?
    SFV - reddave360
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Haha better than rocks Shan wee belt
  • That Sami Zayne Chad Gable match for the IC title on Raw ruled, absolutely loved it. It's on YouTube in full so give it a watch.

For some reason the Sami entrance through the crowd is a separate video on YouTube and should be watched as well. WWE have being doing some really cool production things since Kevin dunne got binned.
    Spoiler:

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That Jey Uso exit and Sami Zayn entrance is just next level. Incredible choreographer and camera.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Wwe knocking it out of the park rn
  • GLisUuuXsAAlhQs?format=jpg&name=small
    Off to see this, this evening. Some pro-wrestling NOAH representation in Stevenage with Yoshioka making his Rev Pro debut. Solid card.
  • @dogfingers How was the show?

Catching up on Dynasty and Danielson Osprey was unreal. The absolute best shit.

Danielson is the goat
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aye the Osprey march was incredible.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Another belter of a one take on Raw last night, they're getting proper bolshy with the choreography of them all. Congrats to
    Spoiler:
    on winning the Woman's title in an excellent match.
  • I thought that was 
    Spoiler:
  • Clashing at the Castle is secured!

Ticketmaster, the robbing bastards, have added £45 fucking quid a ticket just because, as well as a £3 handling fee.
  • Absolute fuckery that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!