Pro Wrestling
  • Frosty wrote:
    So after all that they've gone for Rock Roman at mania and killing off Cody at the same time. I don't know how they can get away with this after giving Cody the rumble. I would have been okay with this if we got the punker vs Cody out of it but now there's nothing. According to Meltzer (potentially his speculation not reporting) they want the Rock to distract from the Vince investigation. I hope they all end up in jail.
    WWE has the Smackdown segment up on YouTube now. According to the comments, it currently has 82,000 dislikes, making it the most disliked WWE video of all time.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I just searched it to see what happened. How does this make any sense for Cody? He wins the rumble again and instead of going for it he steps aside? That is weak. If that was the plan, they should have had a heel win the rumble and had rock win that title shot from them (maybe jindar?)

Vince is gone but this shit rolls on.
    SFV - reddave360
  • I can see The Rock being around for a bit.
    His Hollywood star power has faded but he is still a household name which will be important with the Netflix deal in bringing in casual fans.
  • Is Cena still wrestling?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    As an absolute non-neckbeard casual im well looking forward to Roman v Rock. Its a fucking stupid business decision but bring it on.
  • It makes Cody look both weak and stupid.

Roman vs Rock is going to suck as a match, and considering the WrestleMania crowd is generally a bit of a smarter crowd, they are going to shit on it.

Only saving grace would be Priest cashing in on whoever the winner is.

Cody and Seth (if he is fit for Mania) will be a good match, but one we've seen before.
  • It makes Cody look both weak and stupid. Roman vs Rock is going to suck as a match, and considering the WrestleMania crowd is generally a bit of a smarter crowd, they are going to shit on it. Only saving grace would be Priest cashing in on whoever the winner is. Cody and Seth (if he is fit for Mania) will be a good match, but one we've seen before.

I do like the idea of Priest doing the run in on either Rock or Roman. But it would mean Roman loses the title either to the Rock (piss poor) or to a run in which normally not an issue but the title run has gone so long, I think it needs a clean pinfall and to someone who has been built up to it. 

Ah well. WWE gonna WWE.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yeah, they've booked themselves into an awful situation, and all because Rock wants to be in the spotlight again.
  • Rock v Roman is a match years too late, devoid of any purpose and utterly irrelevant to the championship.

That said, I hope the Rock wins because then at least this zombie title reign is over and we can all move on and quietly forget the last 12 months happened.
  • Bought All In tickets, going for 2 days and doing the rev pro show (not announced but highly likely) the day before. Collision was brilliant last night. 3 absolutely cracking matches.
  • I'm really looking forward to watching the Danielson Hechicero match. Sounds like it really good show overall though so might watch a bit more of it.

I'd never heard of Hechicero before Wednesday but he sounds awesome.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Rock Roman is a hoot, if you can't get behind that then the dumb shit of wrestling doesn't wash on you
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Rock Roman is a hoot, if you can't get behind that then the dumb shit of wrestling doesn't wash on you

On its own, sure. As part of a many year long story about who can be the guy to take down roman, I don't think it's the right call. It will still be fine, maybe even really good but the next day , Cody will be the guy who couldn't do it one year and passed up the chance the next.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Frosty wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to watching the Danielson Hechicero match. Sounds like it really good show overall though so might watch a bit more of it. I'd never heard of Hechicero before Wednesday but he sounds awesome.

Neither had I as there's no viable way to follow CMLL, but i was not disappointed. Collision for me has been the best wrestling show for months, it seems to have less faff than Dynamite.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've got wrestling pilled over the past few months to the extent I'm watching rumbles from the attitude era.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:

On its own, sure. As part of a many year long story about who can be the guy to take down roman, I don't think it's the right call. It will still be fine, maybe even really good but the next day , Cody will be the guy who couldn't do it one year and passed up the chance the next.

Rock is about to be GM and Cody is being set up as next champ I suspect LA Knight will be secondary and that's a pretty electrifying bunch of people who can all hold a stage and a mic
    .not sure what g man is on about
  • I'm not saying it's the end of the promotion or anything but it feels like throwing away a good and sensible end to the roman/ Cody feud that most fans would be happy with just to get a quick pop off the rock. It's hogan coming in to beat Yoko at mania 9 level of short sighted thinking imo.

Alternatively book Cody vs roman for mania (which storyline is the way it probably was going) throw in rock as a ref. Have a load of "who side is he on" in the build up but in the end, rock calls it straight down the line and Cody wins. Next night on raw, roman wants to blame rock which kick starts their feud proper up to a summer slam main event (mania does not need the rock to sell). Meanwhile Cody can move to a feud with cm punk or seth or la Knight and then after that he can come back to roman for the rubber.

I'm sure rock and roman can do a good match (although it very much depends on how on the gas rock is because his matches with cena were poor and it wasn't John's fault. Was no surprise he got injured early given the bulk he know carries.
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    'm sure rock and roman can do a good match

I'm not.

Absolutely fuck The Rock.
  • They’re probably being all wacky to get the attention off Vince.
  • It's bad booking and has appeared to cause actual fan backlash which I thought was impossible these days. It's a perfectly good match to do but they've decided to do it at the worst time and in the most cack handed wwe way possible.

Putting over a legend and a part timer over current wrestlers? Check.
    Making top baby face Cody eat shit like a total loser? Check.
    Burying Seth and his toy belt? Check.
    Chucking out 2+ years of fan investment in Cody and a booking decision they made literally 7 days previously? Check.

Classic wwe if anything. Cody should have just won last year. Imagine that.

Dogfingers wrote:
    Frosty wrote:
    I'm really looking forward to watching the Danielson Hechicero match. Sounds like it really good show overall though so might watch a bit more of it. I'd never heard of Hechicero before Wednesday but he sounds awesome.

Neither had I as there's no viable way to follow CMLL, but i was not disappointed. Collision for me has been the best wrestling show for months, it seems to have less faff than Dynamite.

I watched the first hour of collision and it was just a good time. Hechicero Danielson ruled and I'd never seen some of the shit they were doing before. That standing guillotine leg drop was bad ass. Loved it. Was really nice seeing a different mat based flavour of Lucha to what you get on American TV normally.

Need to make sure I'm appreciating Danielson's last year as he's the god damn best and it'll be a sad day when he retires.
  • Apparently, this is happening because The Rock will get TKO stock for wrestling in 2024, and has decided that this has to be at WrestleMania, despite the company setting up a completely different match only days before.

Fuck him quite frankly. I hope that the crowd completely reject it.
  • The People’s Chump.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • why is everyone saying fuck the rock?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Because he's bludgeoned his way into a match that no one wants to see, that torpedoes not only the storyline they just set up at the Royal Rumble, but also the one they have been telling for the last 2 years with the biggest face in the company, making him look like a total chump in the process.
  • so when you say fuck the rock you mean fuck the writers?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • No, the person who decided to do this is The Rock, not the writers. No one on the weekly shows wanted to do this.  It's a TKO decision forced through by The Rock.
  • Question from an outsider. Will they not do Roman v rock night one with the winner getting Cody night 2? To be fair Rock v Roman is a much bigger draw to the casuals than Cody v Roman, and you know thats how this company operates, it’s been like this for decades.
  • As a non wrestler person I found the top answer here explained it well, assuming it's accurate:

https://www.reddit.com/r/OutOfTheLoop/s/88D5MGiCyt
  • Dogfingers wrote:
    Question from an outsider. Will they not do Roman v rock night one with the winner getting Cody night 2? To be fair Rock v Roman is a much bigger draw to the casuals than Cody v Roman, and you know thats how this company operates, it’s been like this for decades.

Not based on what was said. Cody said he'll be coming for Roman, but not at WrestleMania.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!