Steam summer sale and remortgaging thread 2013
  • The Daddy wrote:
    Tempted by sins of a solar empire £7.50.

That's a massive game, but it has no singleplayer outside of custom AI games you set up yourself. I've lost days to it, but it's not everyone's cup of tea.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Everyone's cup of tea would be full of spit and biscuity slobber.
  • Sins is definitely not that.
  • I got Civ 5 dlc the other day. The new world or whatever its called. I'm really enjoying the extra political and religious elements. Does anyone else play it? I really fancy a multiplayer game, never played civ online before.

I've ordered it from Amazon, but it still hasn't bloody arrived. :( Pretty jealous, really looking forward to playing it. I've never played Civ online either, not sure how it would work.
  • Surely it would take months to get a game in? I have vanilla Civ V, would be up for giving the MP a try some time.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I think Dishonoured for a fiver has to be boughted! Do I really need DLC? or can I wait until the xmas sale? Looking at Castle Crashers as even though I have it on PS3, PC would be easier.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I got Civ 5 dlc the other day. The new world or whatever its called. I'm really enjoying the extra political and religious elements. Does anyone else play it? I really fancy a multiplayer game, never played civ online before.
    I've ordered it from Amazon, but it still hasn't bloody arrived. :( Pretty jealous, really looking forward to playing it. I've never played Civ online either, not sure how it would work.
    The Daddy wrote:
    Surely it would take months to get a game in? I have vanilla Civ V, would be up for giving the MP a try some time.

I think you just set it to quick and you can get a game in over a few hours.  I think you can save to and carry on later if someone needs to leave but not 100% sure on that.
  • I could be up for some Civ MP at some point, I think I'll want to play SP for a bit though, I want to re-familiarise myself with the mechanics, and see the new stuff.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    il be up for mp, Il have to wait till my new pc turns up and I can get back into the swing of it.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    RetroGam3r wrote:
    I think Dishonoured for a fiver has to be boughted! Do I really need DLC? or can I wait until the xmas sale? Looking at Castle Crashers as even though I have it on PS3, PC would be easier.

It certainly does; it's pretty damn good. The DLC I can't comment on as I've only scratched the surface of both. From what I've read, the story (Knife) is essentially 3 missions; 2 quite short and a gurt biggun inbetween. The little ones are a bit meh, biggun is ace. (I say again, 2nd hand info).
    The Trials are all set in the existing maps. Sounds like they might be fun but I was always hanging on for the story DLC.... which I then hardly played. What is wrong with me?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Tempted by Dishonoured but plumped for Dust: An Elysian Tail instead today.  Both on my wish list anyway...actually I can see myself buying Dishonoured too.  Also on the lookout for a bigger discount than 50% on Lego LOTR and La-Mulana.  Ridge Racer Unbounded for £3.74 can't be all that bad can it?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Organ Trail must be worth a bin lid.
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    I thought the first one was meant to be better?
  • Fallout 3 bagged. Had to mod it up a bit and change an ini file but it's playing nice now.

Also bought Arma 2 to play DayZ. I have no idea what's happening but it's creepy as fuck.
  • ayns wrote:
    Tempted by Dishonoured.

Great, great game.
  • DayZ is lots of things but mainly it's fucking genuinely scary. One of the most atmospheric games I've ever played but also buggy. Online sinisterness of other players is a stroke of genius. Even when you meet a friendly player you can never quite trust them.

I'll be no doubt dreaming about this tonight and it's not going to be pleasant. Might have to get emergency pissed.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I don't think Don't Starve is going to get more than 40% off. Is anyone interested in a twofer?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yes, me. How does that work?
  • Little Franklin
    Show networks
    PSN
    LittleFranklin
    Steam
    Little Franklin

Send message
    Bought Carrier Command for £5. It's only got 60 on MetaCritic but it looks like the kind of thing I might enjoy.
  • i played a few civ online MPs before, on civ 3 and i think civ 5.  you can adjust the settings to move things along, generally you have a timer on each 'turn' and you make all your decisions at the same time, once everyone submits (or the timer runs out) the moves all play out.
    still takes a long time though (at least on the more normal settings we always played on) but you can save the game and continue another time.

in regards to the steam sale so far i've done very well and not bought anything, though it's been a close call at times!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yes, me. How does that work?

Well one of us buys it, and the other pays the first back in some way. Either a game gift of as close as possible value, or it it's you a fiver when we see each other next. Or..you know...a "special" favour.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Is it a double pack? I thought it was going to be some kind of game sharing shenanigans. I'm in anyway, can you sort it out and I'll get the money to you however you want it. The next bender can't be far away surely?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I dunno where Dan lives. Jesmond I think.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I'm up for some civ5 multi.

Quite interested how it would play out.

Should we schedule a weekend?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Nabbed Torchlight II the other day.  Not bad for £3.74.  Tomb Raider's still my best pick so far.  Nothing tempting me today.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • beano wrote:
    I'm up for some civ5 multi.

Quite interested how it would play out.

Should we schedule a weekend?

Me too, possibly. I couldn't spare a full weekend though!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Is it asynchronous?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    There's hundreds of games reduced but to look at the front page you'd think they only sold 20.
  • no, it's a game.  silly sausage...

edit: gah! another page ruined by mod!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I never new about the gifting thing, and being able to unpack them for yourself, that's a brilliant idea.

It is, with the downside that it doesn't say "you already own this" when you go to that game's store page.
    Which means you could buy it as a gift twice if you forgot you bought it as a gift the first time.
    And hence end up with two copies instead of one.
    Hypothetically speaking.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!