Cube World - PC
  • I think if you give bubblegum to a terrier, he will become your pet. Each friendly animal requires a special food. I have a rabbit who attacks everything. Because there are no borders, you can tramp around for miles and see new things. I just found a desert biome and on the way there, I found two castle ruins, an undead-infested pyramid, a teleportation stone, and a dungeon based in and around a giant tree. Currently addicted to crafting.
  • Is it just dungeon crawling or are there more cohesive rpg/story elements?
  • No story elements or quests yet as it's still in alpha. However, it's already polished and has levellling up, skill trees, crafting and hang-gliding. I also like the fact that new equipment is visually represented on your character in all its blocky glory.
  • n0face wrote:
    I can't make it go, it says I need directx runtime environment but when I try and install it it flashes up some internal error. i think its because i have win 8, although I have nothing to base this on.

Did the tech demo work for you?
  • Nope, that's what I'm trying to run. I might try and run it in xp compatible mode.
  • ok, well the demo works on my windows 8 system if that is any help in ruling issues out
  • thanks for trying, just updating drivers etc now. fingers crossed.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Thanks to Mod for getting my pad working, I just had an hour or so on this. Need some new weaponry as my wooden crossbow is woefully ineffective, meaning I got my arse handed to me plenty of times.

What's the blue fog/please wait thing all about? Got me killed a few times.
  • Cheers Moose.  Just read up on pet foods.

Does this currently have any kind of co-op/mp element?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You can run an MP server I think. I'd like to get a grasp on stuff first though.
  • You can't beat noob co-op deaths, mind.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I've not tried multiplayer but I'm definitely keen to try it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!