DOTA2
  • Yeah, I'll be on in 30ish

@subbax I get your meaning now, I just used them to split push because I am a cock.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    Ok cool, i'll be on then too.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    We need some tactics meetings planned in.

http://youtu.be/GuNbux-mzIs
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    How the fuck do you post videos in this damn place?
  • You've managed it
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Hmm, doesn't show properly on the iPad.
  • Nor on my iPhone
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    ya'll wanna install TS and jump on my server?

EDIT: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads if you wanna chat this way just message me on Steam and I can give you the ip.
  • I'm done with this until I've finished work.

I will however watch those last games to learn what the hell went so wrong three times in a row.
  • Woodimari
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Woodimari
    PSN
    Woodimari
    Steam
    Woodimari

Send message
    I think we were all quite nervous around viper and razor in those last 2 matches, didn't help having the one random in each game not having a fucking clue either.
  • The Viper game was arse due to the idiot feeder. The Beastmaster vs Razor was not too awful, he certainly did the best overall.

Bottom for Dire and Top for Radiant are the two places that need wards most. Even if it means you buy nothing but Tango, Courier, Observers, you simply have to have them or else you're ganked. It's not the safe lane, sadly, any decent mid will do it and you can't rely on mid to call SS. The reason being, you have to extend further than they do to attack their tower, so river is behind you, and a poor mid not calling will get you destroyed.

Razor was horridly farmed, but still piss weak, and we should have managed him once or twice, a shame we didn't. If anyone is playing a hero they don't know, TELL ME! I can probably recite you their abilities off by heart or otherwise read them and tell you what to do with them as I've played as or against every hero but Io, Puck and Distuptor.

When I sacrificed Haunt to give vision of the enemy team, I have no idea what breakdown in communication happened afterwards, but in retrospect: Unless you've got a split pusher (Furion, PL), never go for a T3 over a remaining T2.

TPs. Buy two. Items can always wait. Also communicate when TPing, to prevent a pile on, also to prevent waste: if 4 heroes TP the last one takes 7 seconds to TP.

TL:DR the hero drafts we had meant I had to go carry and this needed heavy support, it was too much pressure for us as a team, as we clearly aren't in a situation where we undertand our team fight yet. I have that unspoken synergy with Bollo because we've played more.

I'm stepping out because being stressed with finding accommodation is making me irritable. When I've got it sorted, and when I'm done at work, I'll be back on.

Edit: it might sound like I'm trying to be blameless, far from it, I fucked a bunch of shit up, but it's not of much benefit to anyone.
  • It's only a game, Tempy.
  • google wrote:
    It's only a game, Tempy.

It is, but flat hunting isn't and being generally irritable when also getting stomped when you're trying to have a time isn't a good combo

• Tempy wrote:
     I have that unspoken synergy with Bollo because we've played more.

I guess the only thing I can say is that we obviously don't have that yet as a team so we need to communicate our attacks more. I think it should be spoken that Hero 1 will stun to initiate and then we'll focus Hero 3 ult on Enemy 2 or whatever. Just so then people can sound off on whether they have the mana for it and just so we know where people are or what they're doing. Especially for ganks and stuff. I try to keep an eye on the mini-map but when farming I generally forget so need to be told when things are happening. Once we start doing that I think we'll do better. Doesn't work as well in the heat of the moment but hopefully in the rush at the later game we'll know better from before.
    I know some of the characters and what they can do but not many at all really.

Hopefully we'll see you back soon Temps, shame it can't be your relaxation zone. I'm job hunting and that's irritating me so I feel your pain.
  • It's not ever really been a game I play to relax, which i have no issue with, but when I'm subconsciously/consciously bringing a poor mental state into the game it effects everything and everyone overall so it's probably better to disengage for a bit, and fairer on all your ears too!

The curious thing about DOTA is, more so than many other games, it depends on the team, and there is no 'casual mode'

It's just fiercely competitive, and the diffetence in hours invested by various people show, so other folks clearly need room to grow without me being a sour puss during. I just can't chill with DOTA, it gets me on edge!
  • See you when you're back mate, hope the move goes smoothly. Shabs does have a point, I think the improvement we've made just in the last week is noticable though. However when we get team fights/ganks a bit more shouting out wouldn't go a miss. We were doing this in the one game last night, but that was more due to the fact that their Viper was 10(ten) levels ahead of the rest of us so everyone had a vendetta on the prick.

Allllllllllllso, Single Draft. I do prefer it, yes it's generally better as you don't go up against so many bespoke uber stomps, BUT as we're all semi new to the game for the most part it will mean games where folks are still generally mystified about their chosen hero. So it's understandable we won't be the keen edged blade of justice quite yet.

I am loving it though, I've chowed down on what is probably an 80% loss rate since entering in to Pubs, but through the pain and anguish there's a lot of fun to be had. I do see your point about it not being a game to relax with, my butt is still very much clenched as we wander down to the lane every game. But then you realise that they're only people and that that Leshrac has missed with all his snares and he's still hanging about at the creep wave on 40% health and what's this? I just dinged Ravage? Well go on then, if I must.

Gg's folks, lovely to play with Google for the first time too. Sproink etc.

More tonight anybody?
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Issue with Viper: he needs shut down.

No melee hero in mid can do this. Only ranged. A very small set of heroes can get him. To do it, you need to bottle crow well, and supports absolute positively need to ward the runes as Viper has one of the slowest base MS in the game, meaning you should never lose rune to him.

The guy in mid gets Courier priority, then the next carry, then the next. People need to learn what stuf they can buy from sideshops! Pro hint: stuff also available in the side shop has a yellow outline.

We're definitely getting better, but i've stuck 180 hours in, it shows in some of my attitudes because I'm expecting too much from people with not even a third of that time invested. If I see a kill I can make, as carry I'll go for it, and i'm expecting the support follow up to by almost instant. That's my dickmove, and whilst i'm stressed out it's too easy to keep making this dick move. I might might might might be on this Friday, when I can drink and not need to be up the next day, but mid-week is off the charts for the foreseable.
  • Cherry_Pez wrote:
    Gg's folks, lovely to play with Google for the first time too. Sproink etc. More tonight anybody?

Lovely to play and chat with you all also.

Baby and Mrs are going to work/daycare (in that order, I think) starting next week so I'll be around for a lot more games during the day in between work. 

I work from home these days and set my own schedule. So if you want to organise actual stints of game time (say 8PM GMT - so it's 12PM PST here - 'lunch') then I can block them off in my calendar. 

I'll be around later, probably - so hopefully see you all again.
  • Tempy wrote:
    That's my dickmove, and whilst i'm stressed out it's too easy to keep making this dick move.

I dont know that it's a dickmove, tempy. It's an expectation that perhaps the other party isnt privy to.

More talking, more openness and more forgiveness is the attitude.

P.S. I HAD A PERFECT GAME LAST NIGHT - 0 deaths for me.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Oh my god, there's a yellow outline on side shop stuff?! What the hell! I am such a noob.

I'll be around for a few games at about 2220.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Surprise free time! I'll be on soonish.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Awesome. I just had a cracking game as WD. Bossed it a few times with shadow blade Ult. Watch for me dupe 3 enemies with it in the jungle. Only killed one, could've followed up on Drow but ballsed up as I was so stoked about the previous move.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I can't really play till wednesday next week. So alas, sorry chaps.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    No worries. I'm out until Monday but may be able to squeeze in the best part of a the day, depending on the other half.
  • Been absent all week unfortunately, however I am free all day tomorrow (and may be on at some point this evening too) so if folks are about for some tonight and a proper sesh tomorrow, let's do it.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • Also, this is one of the finer Dota guides I have stumbled upon. Dude has lots of great vids. 

• Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Sorry I've been absent, I've had my cousin staying 'cause he's been house hunting here. He's sold on Don't Starve and was playing it for most of today and last night.

Unfortunately he's a LoL player. Boooo! I gave it a go and do not like it at all. It's too cartoony and there's no 'impact' of hits and spells.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Had a good couple of games as Slark v hard bots and then had a mediocre PvP game. I was doing well but the proper carries weren't.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    I think I'm done being nice in solo MM. Picked Lich 'cause we had 4 carries already and ended up laning with a Sven who didn't do anything. I left all the last hits for him and ended up above in levels due to him running off to mid and getting rinsed by QoP.

She ended up lvl18 after about 20 minutes, Sven ragequit and we got rolled. I was a little pissed so asked for a report against Sven and then at the end I think QoP took the piss by saying 'No re T_T'

Is asking for reports considered bad? I'm just going to pick who I want and steal all the CS.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!