World of Tanks 360/X1 Edition - PS4 Edition coming soon! Beta sign up now.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Still waiting for a code.
  • I read somewhere they are getting released on a weekly basis so it might be next week you get one, if it was this week you enquired.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've been trawling the forums for any info on joining friends. People say its confirmed for the beta, but there's no links to a source so it might be forum guff. Fingers crossed.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    You'd assume it's something they'd have to test at some point. This does at least seem like a real beta.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The occasionally vanishing tanks makes me hope so....

I know this can happen at long range as the viewing distance is different for each tank class, but I had a tank vanish when it was next to me the other night!
  • I've tried to buy new tanks but it always says that i haven't unlocked it yet , I've easily got enough points or whatever they are but cant unlock a new one . I've only used the T1 but never the German tank, could that be a reason ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Ok this caught me out too.
    Basically upgrade your first basic starting tank using 'Configurations' when you have done that you can 'research' another class of tank. Once that tank is researched you can buy it.
    Then upgrade that tank and research the next tier of that class. Using XP gained in that class.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • The one thing I don't like about this is the spotting system. It appears to me as if you set off the system automatically when you enter into a certain radius of the enemy unless you are pretty much directly behind them. It makes flanking etc quite hard and for me I get the most kills out of extremely long range  tanks. 

I played this until about 2:30 am and while I am finding it very 'just one more go' I am not sure I will be up for grinding away again on actual release.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    From what I've read the spotting is very much still very buggy in the Xbox beta. It should work as stated in the tutorial on the website. I quite like the idea that only tanks within your radio range can transmit spotting data.

I think I might stop playing until full release. I don't want any bugs to put me off, nor do I want to have to unlock stuff again. I'm really looking forward to it though.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Are you supposed to know when you're spotted? It said in the tutorial that you can spot someone and they'd not know it, but my tank has a 'Spotted!' light on the dash.

It's a weird way to fight in a tank, hiding in a bush sniping at other tanks miles away. Reminds me of sniping in Battlefield, where's the go prone button?
  • If the spotting is borked, then thank god for that because by far the best tactic for kills now is to set yourself up near your own spawn, let the unwashed masses charge forward, spot everyone, then pick them off from beyond spotting range.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I liked what I played last night. Managed to do quite well.

Is this F2P?
  • Are you supposed to know when you're spotted? It said in the tutorial that you can spot someone and they'd not know it, but my tank has a 'Spotted!' light on the dash. It's a weird way to fight in a tank, hiding in a bush sniping at other tanks miles away. Reminds me of sniping in Battlefield, where's the go prone button?

That could be borked to?
    If it is, at least you know your death is imminent and it's not a complete WTF surprise
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I don't know how it's supposed to work so I'm not sure Panty.

Does the F2P model not worry anyone? What's stopping rich wankers buying the best tank and ripping through half a team single handed?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    There's different playlists for rich wankers to jizz all over each other in afaik
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Sweet. When are multiplayer lobbies due then? I was trying to get me Webbo and Iain in a game together with some synchronised game starts, but it was like herding cats.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Spotted bulb is a crew perk apparently.

http://wiki.worldoftanks.com/Crew#Perks

I dunno about MP, like I say I'm gonna leave it until full release I reckon.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah right, thats good then. The crews are a complete mystery to me.

It's a bit sparse on explanations in general isn't it? I properly fucked up a tank yesterday by fitting it out with shotgun type cannon that was useless at range. Avoid anything that has 'Flak' involved chaps.
  • Does the F2P model not worry anyone? What's stopping rich wankers buying the best tank and ripping through half a team single handed?

Even if they do, I don't think they'll be able to boss games, especially if we can squad up in the full game. After only a few medium sessions I've buffed up a couple of light and medium tanks that can do a job. Artillery is proving quite effective too, with decent spotting, which thankfully doesn't rely on a back button press, those heavies will get pegged.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The platoon battles are all about maximum tiers I think. So you might have an über tank with a few nubbins against more tanks of medium tier or whatever.

I think.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I think it match makes quite well. Uber tanks will tend to be pitched against uber tanks as far as I can tell.
  • Ah right, thats good then. The crews are a complete mystery to me.

It's a bit sparse on explanations in general isn't it? I properly fucked up a tank yesterday by fitting it out with shotgun type cannon that was useless at range. Avoid anything that has 'Flak' involved chaps.

This.
    You can always re-equip the version of the tank you liked from the Configurations screen the little pic gets a star in the corner for the config you are using.
    It would be extremely nice to know what the upgrade is properly giving you though.
  • Matchmaking seems to work fairly well I am just not sure how that would work with a party of mates though.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Presumably all of that stuff is key though in a free 2 play. They need it to be as sticky as possible.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've always fancied dabbling in this. Anyone know if I can operate Soviet KVs and IS-3s?
  • Nadda, Americans vs Ze Germans.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, it's not a very big World of tanks. Although afaik the plan is to add all sorts of tanks new and old over the months/years.
  • There are noises about a possible One WoTs, the 360 will be the test bed I expect.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The PC version has Russian, UK, French, Chinese an USA tanks so I would imagine they will eventually come to the 360 version. A full list can be found here.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Oh, and it has KV-1 to 5s and IS-1 to 8s.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!