FEZ II
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Facebook comments full of opinions because blog comments turned off.

I hope Fez is still getting ported?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I think Fish is a victim of people not being able to divorce opinions from the person. If you disagree with a person's opinion, that doesn't mean abuse is fair. That should be obvious, but it's a worry that such an evident truth should be necessary to state these days.

Fish obviously has problems communicating his opinions. Maybe he has a very dry sense of humour that few get. Maybe he lacks self-editing skills. Neither of which justify his treatment.

Hopefully he finds something he enjoys so he doesn't have to face the bullshit if that's what he is doing.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • The mistake is to confuse the dumb vocal minority with the internet in general, and cancelling the game smacks of doing just that. You can carry on baiting the twats and keep making your game for those looking forward to it.
  • Jesus Christ, the guy made a platform game, he didnt cure cancer.

Edit
    Not directed at jonb or anyone in particular for that matter, just the entire internet.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • I see Edge has now run with a rather ... disappointing take on the issue.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • He siad some dickish stuff, but I'll miss that hilarious profile picture popping up in my timeline off the back of retweets.
  • I think game development needs people much cooler than Phil Fish.
  • Like, erm, Nagoshi-san?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • He had his chance.
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • He probably just fancies him.
  • dem mutton chops
  • Just watched the rant on Invisible Walls that kicked this off.
    Its actually quite reasonable.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Sasukekun wrote:

Cliff is insufferably opportunistic.
  • As much as I appreciate non pr speak, getting in a tizzy because someone asks you to comment on something you previously commented on when things change about it doesn't come under refreshing. It comes under you being a dick.
  • It's pretty clear that he didn't like the gaming scene, or press, or community, or anything about gaming, beyond actually creating a game himself.

It was inevitable he'd leave one day.
  • Which is fair enough because those are mostly wretched.
  • Yeah, exactly. BlowFish, from what I gather, essentially said that they were tired of being asked for their opinions for sites who essentially do hatchett journalism, which is probably 90% of gaming news sites these days.

Mentally instability caused him to shitflip over it, but it was always coming.
  • Which begs the question, why talk to them in the first place. Oh right, to get promotion for their own games.
  • It's not really a contract though, use the press and run, seems fine
  • Gamers often have a sense of entitlement that manifests itself in ugly ways.

Journalists often have a sense of entitlement that manifests itself in ugly ways.

Gaming journalists must be hell to interact with.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It's not really a contract though, use the press and run, seems fine
    Expecting them not to ask you stuff is stupid. If you don't want to talk to the press, don't talk to the press.
  • @Matt Heh. I think the brits have a good bunch of good ones.

Tempy wrote:
    Expecting them not to ask you stuff is stupid. If you don't want to talk to the press, don't talk to the press.

As a human being, he is entitled to get tired of it at any point that he decides he is tired, and then say so. Of course, he should do it in a less pissy way to avoid the backlash.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Tempy wrote:

Use the press to promote your game and run, fine.

Use the press to bitch about your experiences with a platform holder, fine.

Use the press to bitch about your experiences to promote your game then gum up when it suits you. Knob.
  • Blows tweets were not far from being Kevin. God, why are you asking me about this? Erm, maybe because you're the most well known Indies, and offered up comment on the subject before?
  • Didn't they both state that they would comment once more details were known?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Use the press to promote your game and run, fine. Use the press to bitch about your experiences with a platform holder, fine. Use the press to bitch about your experiences to promote your game then gum up when it suits you. Knob.

Utter bollocks.

No one asks Tom Cruise about every fucking scientology story, no one asks every pop star about their opinion about every single thing, and certainly not prefacing enquiries with abuse. 

Anyone taking the side of the kotakus in this argument is talking complete ass.
  • You're suggesting that it's ridiculous to ask the most high profile indies for a indies view of now being allowed to self publish on Xbox One. High profile indies who were happy to comment on not being allowed to do so.

That my friend is utter bollocks.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Use the press to promote your game and run, fine. Use the press to bitch about your experiences with a platform holder, fine. Use the press to bitch about your experiences to promote your game then gum up when it suits you. Knob.
    Utter bollocks. No one asks Tom Cruise about every fucking scientology story, no one asks every pop star about their opinion about every single thing, and certainly not prefacing enquiries with abuse.  Anyone taking the side of the kotakus in this argument is talking complete ass.

I'm not taking the side of the Kotaku's. I'm simply saying anyone falling for the delicate indie flower being hounded by the beastly press is an utter fucking mug.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!