Killer is Dead
  • Shadow of the Damned was awesome ... Lollipop wasn't quite as good but I treated it as a palette cleanser between proper things.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Bob wrote:
    I've had great fun with Suda 51's games and whilst I may not be looking forward to playing those bits as such I'm certainly not writing the mans career off over them.
    Well there's bit of hyperbole there obviously, but putting that aside it's arguable Suda has pretty much pissed his whole reputation up the wall in the last few years. This is the final nail as far as I'm concerned too, at least unless he rethinks it all, and I'm note sure he's got the capacity. No More Heroes looks more and more like a fluke in retrospect.

I don't think 'it's just a game' cuts it - more to the point it looks a shit game, devoid of original ideas and peppered with embarrassingly childish content.
  • Lol. It looks shit? From what I've seen of the trailers.. and I've watched most of them it looks utterly bat shit bonkers.. and if you can judge the gameplay from that and rate it shit then you're a better man then me.

His games constantly entertain me more than the latest so called masterpiece from Levine and his ilk.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Saying it looks shit is not judging the gameplay.

As for bonkers, I think when every game you do is 'bonkers' in basically the same way it becomes just ordinary after a while.

Anyway, fuck it. If you're not bored of this yet then enjoy, I guess.
  • Saying it 'it looks a shit game' isn't saying anything about the gameplay? It rather sounds like your judging the whole thing.. as in the game.. are you saying the graphics looks shit? Which I guess is a personal thing but I think it looks pretty impressive.

I do take on board you bonkers comment.. but he's the only one doing it in mainstream boxed releases so it's still pretty thin on the ground.

My pre-order is still in unless the reviews are bad. Fair enoughski?
    The Forum Herald™
  • A well reasoned point!
    The Forum Herald™
  • That video was spot on about everything except it being game over for Suda. There's nothing to suggest that some stupid woman ogling mode in his latest game will stop him making another decent game like Killer 7 in the future.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I still feel the optional missions are slightly over the line, but do think its far from harmful. I mean, its pretty tongue in cheek, no? I might be in the minority, but Suda's style and yes, even gameplay, still get me pretty excited. It's kinetic, doesnt take itself seriously, colourful fun with a real dark subtext. I still think shinobu is one of my favourite character designs of the last few years.

Also, interesting (but i feel just as flawed) comment on the video from someone at xseed:
    http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=73097266&postcount=690
  • been playing this since yesterday, and really enjoying it. Combat is good, sound design is really nice, VO isn't terrible, and story is very intriguing in an anime sort of way. All in all I'm happy with it, especially in the combat focused sections and challenges, and the boss fights are goofy fun, if a bit old school (basically memorise attack patterns, get hits in when you can).

Was bothered by the 'alice in wonderland' section, because that taints a lot of the game for me, comes off as 'weird for weird's sake'. Like they're trying too hard. Change the theme of that level and it was fantastic.

The Mondo Girl missions also bother me, but not in the way I thought. They're so fucking DULL.

edit: Oh, and technically speaking, the constant frame tearing is atrocious. I don't really see it after 10 minutes of play, but jesus, it's literally every time you turn the camera.
  • I preordered this based off just seeing the cover but I can't afford it atm. It looks batshit enough to be interesting but I think this gigolo bollocks will piss me right off pretty quick. Maybe when it goes down in price I'll pick it up.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Like all Suda games, wait 3-4 weeks, £17.99 guaranteed!
  • Curtis wrote:
    Like all Suda games, wait 3-4 weeks, £17.99 guaranteed!

This is my plan.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Well this game is proper weird, even by Suda's standards. It's piqued my interest though. The combat is pretty basic so far, but satisfying. Akira Yamaoka's music/soundtrack is just sublime.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!