Gunpoint PC - OUT NOW!
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh yeah, some lad said he's working on a level generator based on the contents being what they are.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    So is that a yay or nay on seeing if it's that easy to share levels?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ha! Amazing. 

How did you find the fiendish hell trap that is my level. Did you eventually best it?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    This is great. Also, how do I share levels?
  • The levels get hard quick, not metagonzo hard but still pretty hard.
  • The editor is a pain in the arse. Elevators, stairways electronics and guards have all bugged out on my in various annoying ways.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Buttocks. 

The editor is key. Hopefully fixes will be forthcoming. It's already updated twice today when I was at pc earlier and that was just after release.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    This is great. Also, how do I share levels?

They're just text files with a .lvl extension.

Once you've saved one from the editor it'll be in your levels dir. Either send that to someone to put in their levels dir or paste the contents into something (like I did on page one). Then anyone can paste the contents into a text file, add a .lvl extension, put it in the levels dir and off they go.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Although now I try it myself it doesn't work......

Ask face. :)
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Ah, it's automatically adding a .txt extension. I'm sure this is a pretty basic windows fail on my part. How do I make it not do that?
  • game is good, like the tone of it too, but maybe not quite as amazing as hoped (hyped?)...prob mostly my own fault, and prob shouldn't have read the guy's 'manifesto' first which created this idealistic vision, only for the game to have some (perfectly normal and understandable) elements that rub against his arguments in the manifesto.
    also so far i haven't really found much scope for creative solutions, anything more complicated than a 'switch' to open a door/turn off a light doesn't seem to have worked, but i haven't played that many levels so maybe that's still to come...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • metagonzo wrote:
    Ah, it's automatically adding a .txt extension. I'm sure this is a pretty basic windows fail on my part. How do I make it not do that?
    when you save you should be able to change the type you're saving as to 'all files' or something....then type your own extension
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    beano wrote:
    ten-four. cad-20130603-26e19.png
    We're better than this.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Tried that; still making it a .txt...  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious somewhere.

With regards to your concerns about the game:

I've only done a few "real missions" and so far I agree with what you're saying. However, I'm hoping that the editor will prove to be robust enough to provide some real headfucks.

Edit: @RamSteelwood
  • metagonzo wrote:
    Tried that; still making it a .txt...  I'm sure I'm missing something obvious somewhere. With regards to your concerns about the game: I've only done a few "real missions" and so far I agree with what you're saying. However, I'm hoping that the editor will prove to be robust enough to provide some real headfucks. Edit: @RamSteelwood

i'm just quoting that for posterity cos people rarely agree with me! ;)

if you save the file as .txt, then you should be able to rename it in windows explorer, but first you'll need to go into the 'organize' menu, then 'folders and search options', 'view' and untick the 'hide known file extensions'...
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    meta, can you see .txt or any .exe et file extensions on files in explorer?

If not then follow this guide...if you're on any windows other than 8...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-vista/show-or-hide-file-name-extensions

If you're on 8 then hit the View tab on the ribbon and uncheck the box.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    aye what ram said!
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    At the mo it's just on my desktop; looks like that could be my fail. I'll have a proper butchers when I'm back at the ranch.

Cheers chaps.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I enjoyed that, didn't manage to stealth everything. Replay value is well high.

Blog post and missions...

Spoiler:
  • hang on, is that screenshot showing all the missions in the game?  i think i got up to 'the prototype' on first mess about with the game...so i only have 2 missions left?
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    A quick look in the steam forums has people bitching, as the game is only 2 hours long at best.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Are there multiple threads that this can play out? I'm presuming from the dialogue there is.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    ive yet to play this despite owning it for some time. Must get round to it
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Do.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    beano wrote:
    Are there multiple threads that this can play out? I'm presuming from the dialogue there is.

Missed this, somehow. I think it's just based on how the dialogue pans out during the conversations. That said I haven't finished off the final mission yet and it seems you have a choice of 2 ways to finalise it. That's certainly implied in the brief. 
    *shrug*

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!