Original* Game Ideas
  • i dig the concept of Vela's idea.  in fact pretty sure i had it first, but about a golf game.  you thief! :)

anyhoo, as others mentioned, balancing such a game could be a nightmare, but you could always remove the element of choice so the whole thing is designed with the current skills in mind.  could also tweak it so it's not so much metroid losing fancy gadgets, but someone suffering and become weaker etc. how about a superman game where he's infected with kryptonite early on, so he starts off super, gradually abilities fade until by the end you're just clark kent...

Stuck in mid level journalistic position reporting on incidental local news?
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Stuck in mid level journalistic position reporting on incidental local news?

There's a great idea right there...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I have some ideas
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I think the powering down idea if put into a highly abstract game could work - levels generated by algorithm would support the notion - and a nice score attack style thing could be worked in too - with stronger items being discarded upping the rewards......do people care about high scores any more though?

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • It's become a niche. I still love chasing high scores on shmups. I liked Echoes mode in Bulletstorm. And score chasing games do well on iOS.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • i like your idea vela. tricky to implement, no doubt but at least something different to the norm. one thing i kind of get bugged about in games where you get upgraded is that baddies similarly upgraded, you evolve, yet simultaneously stay at the bottom of the rung. makes a mockery of so called rpg elements in games imo.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Well I'm fascinated. As said there needs to be mechanics of rewards linked to the loss of abilities.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Lose body armour, become nimble and lithe.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • What I like about it is that the game would start open world (as your abilities let you access all kinds of areas), then would become progressively more linear. So you would kind of be choosing which area to do last based on what you have left.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The only frame of reference I can think of, is a film like Aliens, where you effectively go into a hostile situation with a whole team of elite soldiers, then end up having to tackle some BFG of a final boss with only a doll's head and some sellotape for company...
  • Imagine how you could tease the player. Force them to jetison a power up like a jetpack then put ammo/health on a high ledge.

Mwahahahaha!
  • The only frame of reference I can think of, is a film like Aliens, where you effectively go into a hostile situation with a whole team of elite soldiers, then end up having to tackle some BFG of a final boss with only a doll's head and some sellotape for company...

Maybe the player character could be a survivalist/MacGuyver type who can use his smarts to win, even when all his special abilities are stripped away. Paperclip + iron filings + copper tube = booby trap to take down a mega-tyrannosaur with lasers and heat seeking rockets.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Becoming over-encumbered is more likely as the strains of gameplay / damage take their toll forcing them to carry less.

Perhaps health isn't something that can be restored.

Maybe I am thinking about another game idea.

I like the thought though what you give up means you have to take another route determining which room/level you do last.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I'd really like a game where i play as a cat. I want super-realism. The most perfectly motion-captured thing ever, including behaviour/character traits and all the abilities. Birds, mice, people, dogs and other cats would feature too. It'd be set in a country village.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd like to be the final boss.
  • I'm breaking straight into the garden center and getting the cat nip.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    My game would be Vice City via Uncharted 2's engine, with WipEout HD ships and Tekken 5's fighting engine.
  • I'm in, as long as I get to beat Lan Di at the end.
  • I would play Noxy's cat sim.
    And I would claw out yoss' eyes, in game obviously.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I forgot to mention, I'm unbeatable.
  • I'd really like a game where i play as a cat. I want super-realism. The most perfectly motion-captured thing ever, including behaviour/character traits and all the abilities. Birds, mice, people, dogs and other cats would feature too. It'd be set in a country village.

How much of the time do you have to sleep on sunny windowsills for?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Fucking in sunbeams. Aye.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Spider sim, very realistic, high speed, combative.  Not like the iPhone one.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • What about the psx game, Spider. Had rocket launchers too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I had that in mind, never played it.  GTA for spiders in a human sized world is what I'm after.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • If you get six stars they send in the wasps that lay eggs inside a live spider's abdomen.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    oh god
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

What was that mosquito game like on the PS2?

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    That got a good mark in Edge... At least a 7, iirc.

Edit - No I did not recall correctly...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mister_Mosquito

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!