Retro Gaming
  • Happy to sell the original Kururin, Paradise is possibly my favourite GBA game though.
  • Actually sod it, might as well get rid of the lot.

I've got a blue GB Micro for sale too then.
  • I'll have a proper look in the loft at the weekend in the hope some of the boxes were in proper storage boxes.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I wonder if the Gamecube game is a port of one of them? It's called Kururin Squash on gamecube. Gorgeous game (JP only sadly). I'll do a bit poking about to see if they have the same levels etc..

Think about it over the weekend before selling stuff you like.....
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Paradise is the sequel released in 2002 and Squash was released in 2004 - there's a chance they have overlap in content.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Different content between Paradise and Squash. I'd be interested but I don't want @Moot_geeza to act rashly. I'm content to wait.

Might be interested in Mr Driller too if that's on the go.
  • How much for the Micro, @Moot_geeza?
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Do you know if all cartridges are legit Moot? I just looked up ebay sold prices for Moto Racer, and oof. It's a bit all over the place, but only 1 sold in Oct and that one was $299,99 for cartridge only. Looking at earlier sold auctions and it goes cheaper, but hard to tell what's legit. It's US ebay as well, prices could be completely different in the UK.

There's about 26 games I'd be interested in, but I'll wait till you have had a proper look at your loft and other UK based badgers have shown any interest.
  • Moot, sounds like you might be able to retire after clearing this lot.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Lol Moto Racer is a great game too. I think they're all legit except Kirby and DKC2 (neither of which would save).
  • lastant wrote:
    How much for the Micro, @Moot_geeza?

I have no idea what any of this is worth these days tbh. Will do my homework this weekend and get back to you. Will defo beat Ebay.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Lol Moto Racer is a great game too. I think they're all legit except Kirby and DKC2 (neither of which would save).
    Dammit, I didn't need to know that. I'm always tempted by race games with two wheel vehicles in stead of the standard 4. I threw it out of my "interested" list, mainly because of price.

Think the quickest way to possibly tell a fake is if there's a number imprint on the label:
    Front_of_Game_Comparison.jpg
    You can just about to see the 11 in the right picture. From what I know that's the thing that's most overlooked by people who make fakes, but there's a lot of other things you could check (not saying that you should btw). One of the reasons why I don't like to buy from ebay, to hard to spot from pictures if they're not taken well enough.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Oh, it looks like the PAL Moto Racer is a bit more affordable:
    https://www.pricecharting.com/search-products?type=prices&q=moto+racer+advance

Sorry Moot! I do wonder what kinda person just threw $300 at that game.
  • B&O remote came through today so finally got chance to try out the goods. Luckily the remote works with both TVs which is one less hassle but by heck it's complicated!

They both look and sound amazing full RBG and work at 50/60 hz and decent speakers but they have a really complex way of accessing the AV channels though that I dont quite yet understand!

Worked out how to change the widescreen ratio to 4:3 on the bigger TV which is good as I had heard it forced 16:9.

Anyway off to do a bit of reading!
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Splendid.
  • I got pretty much the same telly from a mate of Moot's a few years back, I rarely use it tho tbh and I should get rid. It was heavy af getting up the stairs.
  • My wife ended up helping me in the end as she was fed up with it clogging up the hall way. She has a bad back so it went down like a shit sandwich.

Going to try and test out some light guns tonight plus I've ordered some strip led lights to back light my game cabinet.
  • Yeah I had a mate helping me, no way I was shifting it by myself up the stairs. Decent picture and sound on it, I got it for ps2 music games, less lag on a CRT, but I just don't use it. In fact I need to clear that whole room out, it's full of wood.
  • Definitely going in the loft to sort out the GBA stuff this weekend.
  • I'm personally looking forward to what else you find up there.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I've still got a lock-up in Catford with all my dad's proper moleman junk in it.  You want homemade wine from the 70s?  It'll still be alright, apparently.   Also contains a dead budgie and, until fairly recently, a live grenade.
  • Was the budgie alive when you put it in there or is the grenade no longer being live the reason for its demise?
  • Ha, Billy went in a tennis ball tube for some unknown reason (post death).  He was great, and very chatty, but I'm not sure why keeping him indefinitely was ever a plan.  "Here's looking at you, kid", "turned out nice again" and "here comes Norman" were some of his favourite phrases.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Excellent.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Picked up Astro Boy again after Moot his gba list. Am at world 3-4 of the Rebirth playthrough, picking up all characters to upgrade my stuff, using a guide for that.

Hopefully this time I'll stick with, but the gba needs charging for now. Technically I've finished it (Birth playthrough), but it's just too lovely to leave it at that.
  • I feel a need to revisit Astro Boy, its been too long. I also need to hit Guardian Heroes again
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I have Advance Guardian Heroes as well, that's still sealed although I'm not sure if it's the original seal.

I'd still need Gunstar, Tiny Toon and Hajime to complete the Treasure GBA set, but it's gonna be hard as I've started with two cib.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    So I set up the old Dreamcast last night. Rigged it up to an old projector and screen I rescued from work (we changed to using large screens on movable stands with wired and wireless connections a few years ago and these big bulky basts are laughed at now when anyone even thinks about using one. The I had was ceiling mounted in our old building before we moved out of it. It's not massive but it's no shrinking violet either.

The screen stand has seen better days - could easily take a finger off you - thinking about detaching the screen as it's in great nice and just hanging it when it's being used - but the stand controls the amount of it you unroll - so I'd need to think how I would do that.

Pity there's no SCART with these as a rule - but it does have s-video, composite, component, HDMI and of course good old VGA. Has a half decent speaker too. I'd like to get speakers for it too though at some point.

The screen is unrolled to a 6 foot diagonal in 4:3. Trialled Typing of the Dead for Halloween lockdown gaming with the daughters (I still have 2 DC keyboards for the versus mode - the only reason I have held onto them) and it looks glorious; as does Mr Driller. Beautiful. The old DC really is a marvel.  This old projector is probably helping out too as everything looks really smooth but not filtered. I haven't delved into its menu yet.
  • Nina wrote:
    I have Advance Guardian Heroes as well, that's still sealed although I'm not sure if it's the original seal.

I'd still need Gunstar, Tiny Toon and Hajime to complete the Treasure GBA set, but it's gonna be hard as I've started with two cib.

I've got Gunstar, which doesn't seem to be on my list on the previous page.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm about to call my Wii collection complete once I grab 3 more titles. My zapper and Links Crossbow came today so I thought I would do a final push. Gonna grab - A Boy and His Blob, Conduit 2 and Red Steel 2 and call it a collection.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!