PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    rickjoyce wrote:
    Listening to the soundtrack in flac with headphones instead of my crappy tv. It's great.
    As in actual soundtrack or playing the game with the headphones on? I might be tempted to give the actual soundtrack a listening to myself...
  • Have it on pc, played until chapter 11 i think it is, its unfathomably pretty, so many clever things going on, so much intricate detail in the slightest of things, it plays ok on easy, some annoying glitches mind, but all in all i like it!
  • I think I'm going to buy the soundtrack. It's lovely.
    I'm a Sasquatch man and I'm watching you.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Webbins wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:
    £30.
    Just checked on Game's new online checker, £20 trade in, £15 cash.

Wow, it's gone down a tenner in just over a week.
    It's the tipping point in time. Everybody's rinsed the campaign, realised the MP's bobbins and now hotfooted it to Game.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • After enjoying the multiplayer the first few times I played, when I put it on today it did my bloody head in. I just seemed to constantly die and I couldn't ascertain why! It was incredibly frustrating and when the game spawns you right in front of an enemy then it can just jog on.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Give Payne Killer a good try. It's a hoot and seems to have a lot more skill to it.
  • Yeah haven't got around to that yet, was playing Gang Wars today.
  • Gang Wars can be enjoyable if the right mix of players is present but most of the time one team is ridiculously better than the other and has access to large grenade launchers and all that. Payne Killer seems way more balanced and makes players work together and then be enemies. It's good fun.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Struggling with this. Chapter IV just started up and I died outside the bar. On easy. I'm probably a little shite at it, but three Jersey Shore cunts pouring through a door straight after I kill the last of the five guys around the cars was a bit cheap.

How many guys does this punk know? I killed 12 in the bar for fucks sake.

The cut scenes really spoil it for me too. Awful interference effects the whole way through. Who's idea was that?
  • What approach are you taking to combat?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Depending on the situation I either find the nearest cover and wait for them to lemming straight into my bullets or if they're flanking and shit I go for a slo-mo dive and try to take the twat out.

What's the best idea?
  • It does change a bit depending on the level, but I really found that bullet time and aggressive play is required to get a proper handle on the game. Once I locked into it, I suddenly stopped dying and started getting through sections without having to Last Stand and all that. It's really important where you are choosing to dive. Cover tended to get me killed more, because the guys have near perfect aim, flank quickly and use grenades later on. Once you get on the move and use the location right, you take away their advantage. Once you land somewhere with a bit of cover, or enough of a change in position to disorientate them, stay on the ground and switch into bullet time. When you clear enough folks, get up and re-position for another run. Keeping enough bullet time in reserve is the most important part of the combat.
  • That's pretty much it tbh. Lots of diving, headshots, environmental kills, etc.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • There are a lot of parts in the game that are circular and wide open areas. Any attempt to stay in cover gets you done in within ten seconds. Some parts cover *can* work, but you never need it. And getting used to the flow of aggressive play makes for a much better time. Especially when the armoured dudes show up later...
  • Oh and don't be afraid to go for melee kills, especially if you're low on bullets!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Didn't even realise you could melee. 

I love diving about the place, but it has cost me a couple of deaths. I launched myself down the stairs in the stadium, killing four guys before I hit the deck. Unfortunately the last bloke did me in. 

I've took off all aim assists thinking i could get through on bullet tine alone, but maybe I should put them back on? Anyone use them?
  • I think Free Aim is better once you get used to it, but you need to make sure it's the right speed and all that. I found aiming acceleration at about 6 or 7 works best. If you keep on the slowdown bit - that slows the acceleration when you get closer to enemies - and the other one I can't remember, I think that's the best combination.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll stick the slowdown one back on then. When did I get shit at games?
  • The melee is really helpful because it slightly protects you from bullets and steals the other guys gun, so it's a good move if you find yourself with no bullets.
  • @Paul: I had the same problem with it. It's very demanding for a modern game, but if it was ten, fifteen years ago it wouldn't have been a bother. We've been spoiled by wonderful experiences that don't require any real skill!
  • I have found it interesting reading comments on the single player as I havn't had many issues so far with regards to difficulty. However, Chet your comments are making me think that it is just because I have an aggresive play style so I would recommend that. I do tend to dive, slow-mo and attack the enemies as quickly as possible, using cover as a last resort.
  • Am I one of the few who played it on pc then? I guess the mouse helps a lot, I just tapped in and out of bullet time most the time, taking headshots while in it
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    There's nothing difficult about going in and out of bullet time on console. It's just boring as fuck when that's all you do for the entire game.
  • nah i was talking about the headshots, not the bullet time

the latter half of the game, if you can headshot quickly its all quite straightforward, wondered if a mouse helped that
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Oh right. Well yeah, it's obviously easier to point and click with a mouse. I don't think that would help me enjoy the game more though. Easier sure, but not more enjoyable.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How do you control Maximus' movement in the pc version then Cuckoo?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Currently about to bring down the scummy hotel. Really enjoying it now.

As far as combat goes, most of the time i'm hogging cover or using bullet time to run out in the open and chain headshot people. The slow mo deaths of the last enemies in each group can be beautiful to watch.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Surprisingly, I actually don't like the last kill slow-mo shot. I keep shooting fools in the teeth.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It can be (wait for it) hit or miss. It's really unsatisfying if you're shooting someone wearing body armour in the torso and you don't even see the bullets penetrate. When you turn someone's head into a sun dried tomato it's well worth it.
  • Sometimes you hit the bullets on their vest though and they explode. That's neat to watch in slow motion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!