Monaco: What's yours is mine
  • Tempy wrote:
    I played this again with @Bollockof last night, marvelling at Nexx's times on certain maps.

I wish I was recording some of those runs as there was some pro smash and grab going on. The game plays very differently when going for speed, its lucky that they don't add on time for setting off alarms...

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Are there different leaderboards for cleanout or not?  Or is it just to reach the main objective(s)?  

I'll try to get a bit of pre-Wed practice in, so I'm not quite such a muppet.  But Lara is also calling...
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    You get time penalties for each coin you miss at the end.

Tonight, then, its crime time lads. Temp is pr0 hax.
  • I might get this and join in, I guess it's not too machine-intensive so I could play it in my Windows VM until the Mac version comes out... right?
  • Well it'll run on a Pentium 4 1.6ghz processor so I'd hazard a guess that you'd be fine.
  • nnnngggggg.... I'm going to buy this and then never have the chance to actually play co-op, amn't I?  What are the chances of thoroughly enjoying it solo?
  • Dunno, it gets alarmingly difficult in solo later on, not that you can't complete, but the levels are full of things that are designed to be tackled in teams. Hacker takes the lasers and cameras offline to enable a Locksmith to quickly undo a safe whilst the Lookout keeps an eye on enemy positions and the Mole oh FUCKING HELL THE MOLE WENT THROUGH A WALL INTO A LASER ALARM *cue much running to hiding places in a mad panic*
  • Wibble, can't decide :(
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    As said it is a lot harder in solo play but it is still enjoyable. It takes on a whole new lease of life on solo, more planning, preparation is key. I am on level 15 playing on my own. Clean out runs are near impossible on your own. That said enough randoms are about and they love doing clean runs.

I save clean runs for co op play usually. I find myself using the mole alot and constantly alt tabbing which helps alot with planning routes.

AMAZING GAME
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Just finished Act 1 solo! Took ages towards the end. Now to do some clean runs. Love the PvP on this as well
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Ok I bought it. Goodness it's pretty. Can't push CTRL on a Mac keyboard, or use middle mouse though; what does that do?
  • Dunno, I use a pad. Don't think it does anything though? It'll tell you in the tutorials if it does.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    think they are used for bring up ui in game and stuff. Best played with a pad tbh
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    No demo on Steam. Shame.
  • I'm not sure i've ever seen a demo for an Indie title on steam. It was done mainly by a one man team, have some faith and stick £10 down on it.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I'm not sure i've ever seen a demo for an Indie title on steam. It was done mainly by a one man team, have some faith and stick £10 down on it.
    +1
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's more a case of testing how it runs on my laptop, and I might get the Xblah version anyway depending on who's game.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Trust me my laptop is crap, its running intel HD graphics and I can run it sweet. The specs are surprisingly low and you can always drop the res or quality without missing out. I fear the Steam version could be the better version just purely because of the editor. As im not sure if the xbox version is getting it? hopefully im wrong
  • This looks awesome. I doubt ill get much time to play it but when it hits how many of you will be buying the XBLA version? I wanna know if I should buy it now on steam or wait and play on the comfort of my sofa with Xbox controller  in hand and headset on for yelling at you all?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • I'll get it, but I already have the Steam one now. Get both!
  • Is this any good on singleplayer? Trying to arrange multiplayer games with anyone will be a nightmare for me nowadays, but I may give the campaign a go if this is getting a thumbs up from you guys. 

Would prefer to play on Mac once its released (is it planned?) as wife tends to hog PC laptop (it is hers after all). Do all Mac releases carry over if bought for PC?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm going xbla ! , how much is it on steam ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I can't believe it but the Xbox version is cheaper !!

But there is a 4 game  pack version for £36 if anyone's interested ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'd be interested in that if we can figure out a payment plan.
  • How much is the XBLA version then?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • This game is reeeaaally special. Lots of fun on it tonight, although I feel a bit bad for chucking @mod74 in the deep end 

"This map is fairly easy"

5 or 6 deaths later

"You'll get the hang of it!"

It's a bit weird when you don't know all the systems, and there is no tutorial for hacking, or palm print locks/safes, or phones, or the laser types, or the cameras, or the differing guards...

Still, when a plan comes together *cigar*
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I really enjoyed it. Didn't have a clue what I was doing but it was still fun.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    It was a proper good caper.
  • That's the word. It's not a heist game or a stealth game, it's a caper game.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    How do those hand things work?

U did a bit of SP last night. Couldn't work out how to join you guys - how do you do invite/join friends with this?? Will bring Mic home tonight if i remember so up for some of this tonight i reckon!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!