‹ Previous12345
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've had a few fun fouplayer games of this at Nick's place recently and it's reminded me just how good these games really are. So, I thought I'd try to get some games going online. I have all the Worms games on Xbox, but am particularly up for games if Revolution (currently 1,200 points) or Armageddon (just 400 points).

I also have Armageddon on iOS (currently £2.99, seems to drop to 69p in sales pretty regularly). I know some people have tried this before and found it to be buggy, but it's been updated five times in the past year and I haven't noticed any issues playing on my own.

There must be some people up for some of the finest multiplayer known to man.
  • I'm always up for Worms! Especially the slower, turn based offering on iOS. Suits my day down to the ground as I don't really have much time to sit and play at a sensible hour.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Is the ios asynchronous play still fucked?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Yes Yoss, some great games at mine. We should run a score tally or something. I get so lucky in this, love it.

Oh also  - correction from last night, no I do NOT use my xbox controller for Tomb Raider as I'm playing it on PS. But it's charging now just to put your mind at rest.
  • i miss the original one, i swear the more modern looking ones don't have as big arenas... or my tiny child mind was seeing things bigger than they were...

i used ot love trying to place a grenade throw from the other side of a gigantic map.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Enjoyed those games and definitely up for more. I've got Armageddon on XBLA and iOS if someone is setting up a game or two.
  • yeah mang
    Smang wrote:
    i miss the original one, i swear the more modern looking ones don't have as big arenas... or my tiny child mind was seeing things bigger than they were... i used ot love trying to place a grenade throw from the other side of a gigantic map.

Such a good laugh with the 4 of us in the same room. Just remembered the shouts of WORMTONGUE at Yoss while he tries to bring down the opposing teams with gentle words alone.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    Ah. Hmm, is it worth jumping over? That thread died almost a year ago, it might be worth starting afresh.

Sasukekun wrote:
    Is the ios asynchronous play still fucked?
    Don't know, we'll have to try it and find out.
    WORNTONGUE

I was simply offering advice. Good advice at that.

Incidentally all, my Game Centre login is the same as my GamerTag: Yossarian Drew. Get me added on GC and we'll see about testing out the asynchronous MP.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Always loved Worms. I have the iOS version I think; I'll reinstall it later.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • i hate this game. but mostly because i'm shit at it and don't know what the fuck i'm doing.  also i tend to piss everyone else off with my random play which gives me a modicum of pleasure.  next time we play this i'm bringing over my wired controller.

also:

grima.jpg
  • I was thinking about this recently. Fancy doing a league or something? Could do individuals or teams? Maybe run it like a squash ladder (there's a decent free online squash ladder thing that might work well).
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Just sent my first move* of an asynchronous iOS game to Cos. Let's find out if it's still broken.

* I say move, I forgot the controls and fired a bazooka into the ground in front of me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    I was thinking about this recently. Fancy doing a league or something? Could do individuals or teams? Maybe run it like a squash ladder (there's a decent free online squash ladder thing that might work well).

Could well do. We'll have to see how many people are interested.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I forgot that I grabbed Revolution when it was on Steam sale. Anyone else?
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • I think I got the latest xbox live one... I've barely played it, but I am sure I'm still capable of drilling holes and hiding underground until the last man still :)
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've always loved Worms, but the touch controls are awful so I've given up on that version.
  • Has to be local multiplayer for me.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've always loved Worms, but the touch controls are awful so I've given up on that version.

Unless you're ninja-roping or jet-packing, I don't think they're that bad.
  • Ninja-roping is fundamental though, right? As is backflipxxSHORYUKEN to finish off the final opposing worm.
  • Ninja-roping is fundamental though, right? As is backflipxxSHORYUKEN to finish off the final opposing worm.

or prod!
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ninja-roping is fundamental though, right? As is backflipxxSHORYUKEN to finish off the final opposing worm.

A decent move with the ninja rope can completely change a game, no doubt about that, but it's by no means the only way to win. Without that to rely on, you have to fall back on the true fundamentals of the game, well-placed 'zookas and 'nades.

With that in mind, it might be worth exploring forts mode on iOS, IIRC (and I haven't played it much), you don't get ropes or jet-packs in that, you just have to rely on your aim.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, we should probably get a list together of who's running which version(s) of this game and on which format(s) plus gamertags and that so people can actually find each other. Chuck 'em in here and I'll add them to the OP.
  • might do some of the SP Yoss, then we can use the extra weapons
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've been working through that on iOS today. I do remember starting it on Armageddon on the Xbox, but can't remember how far through I'd got.

If the unlocks are the same as iOS, just remember that the Concrete Donkey and Armageddon (I think it was called, possibly Meteor Strike?) are ridiculous and pretty much game breaking, so no need to worry about unlocking those too soon.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Just sent my first move* of an asynchronous iOS game to Cos. Let's find out if it's still broken.

* I say move, I forgot the controls and fired a bazooka into the ground in front of me.

Not sure how many turns it takes. But I've seen games devolve into players killing their own worms. Plus the sending system is dreadful.
  • I played with CuriousMachine a bit back when it was hot, and games never ended how we played them, awful piss.
  • It's a shame as Worms is awesome. Really needs proper love given to the asynchronous MP side of it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sasukekun wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Just sent my first move* of an asynchronous iOS game to Cos. Let's find out if it's still broken. * I say move, I forgot the controls and fired a bazooka into the ground in front of me.
    Not sure how many turns it takes. But I've seen games devolve into players killing their own worms. Plus the sending system is dreadful.

The sending system seemed fine to me, but I have only sent one turn. And, as I say, there have been 5 updates to this game since June last year which is when the other thread seemed to have died, most of which claim to have included bug fixes, plus the one in December specifically states 'fixes for numerous issues with online play', so surely it's worth another try.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Still up for getting some four-player Xbox matches in as well.
    or prod!
    This is the best way to win, yes. :-)
‹ Previous12345

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!