Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    @TheDaddy Having trouble sending my turn mate. Will give it another couple of tries later but might have to start a new game if it won't send.

Appears the multiplayer side hasn't been completely fixed.
  • No worries fella. My last go against you was ridiculously lucky!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fucking bastard single-player campaign. I've been working through it on iOS and am currently on the first bonus mission (number 31), which is tough enough as it is seeing as you have one worm and you're up against 12, each of whom have 150 health. If that's not enough, the computer keeps on pulling off impossible shots, such as bullseyeing through the gap in this wall:

http://i.imgur.com/xrIE09M.png

What gap? I hear you ask. Exfuckingzactly.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Sas, I think I may have just messed up our game. See what happens when you try your move, but I have a feeling it won't work. If not, start a new game.

For the most part, the multiplayer seems to be working quite well, but don't try to make a move if you don't have a solid wifi connection, if it fails once it doesn't seem to work no matter what you do.
  • Banana bombs. Bugger.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They are a risky strategy.

I have just realised that you can see the final move in this. You just need to select the game from the list and it plays it back to you. Should have been obvious, really.

Who's turn is it to start next, The?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    Banana bombs. Bugger.

Ahaha, that was fun to watch. I thought I had the game sewn up after that but forgot about the recurring issue where I kill both remaining worms at the same time to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory.

There have been some great moments, both intentional and not, in my games so far. Shame there's no way of saving/uploading replays.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    They are a risky strategy.

I have just realised that you can see the final move in this. You just need to select the game from the list and it plays it back to you. Should have been obvious, really.

Who's turn is it to start next, The?

You I think, though I'm not keeping a record so either way's good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Sas, I think I may have just messed up our game. See what happens when you try your move, but I have a feeling it won't work. If not, start a new game. For the most part, the multiplayer seems to be working quite well, but don't try to make a move if you don't have a solid wifi connection, if it fails once it doesn't seem to work no matter what you do.

Yeah, match data came back to me as corrupt. It seemed to do the same thing in that game with Cosby that died, I couldn't send the data, hit cancel, Cosby seemed to take his turn, it came back to me and I couldn't open it. What did my turn look like to you? Did I do anything?

Feel free to start a new game, BTW.
  • I sent a few games via 3G today. Seemed to go ok. Very odd.

EDIT: Also, you will find the AI are stupidly good. I think it was chump who pointed out that there's always a pause before the AI starts doing anything. That's the AI running through it's calculations to find the perfect shot. I don't think they're talented enough to make the AI seem like it's making human errors.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I was in an area with spotty wifi when I sent it. It could easily have dropped briefly while trying to send.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    I've fired out a few more game requests. 

Just had a classic exchange with Cosby. A sublime grenade shot landed right at one of my guy's feet, bouncing him onto 2 mines. 
    In response, blind luck in worm and mine placement allowed be to send two of his guys swimming with a single prod. 

Good times.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Worms is good for that.
    I had to start a new game with you Yoss as my sending got borked on the other game and fucked it.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Metagonzo, our game isn't working for me, we'll have to start a new one. I can't remember who went first.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Actually, it's happened with all the games that I'm currently playing in which people sent me moves within the last day, other than my game against Shabby.

Balls.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Just caught up on my games, apologies for the delay.

metagonzo wrote:
    Just had a classic exchange with Cosby. A sublime grenade shot landed right at one of my guy's feet, bouncing him onto 2 mines.  In response, blind luck in worm and mine placement allowed be to send two of his guys swimming with a single prod.  Good times.

A couple of great turns there, makes up for the ones that go nowhere.

Thought I had a similar knock someone onto a mine going against someone else but turns out the mine was a dud. Gutted.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Metagonzo, our game isn't working for me, we'll have to start a new one. I can't remember who went first.

Nor I. Feel free to kick it off.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I take it noone here has Worms Battle Islands for Wii?  It supports online but I reckon I'm the only person who owns it!!!
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    No. Worms 1, 2 and Revolution on Xbox, any of which I'd be up for some four-player action on.
  • Yoss, today? Now? Right the fuck now?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not right now as I'm sorting out dinner, but later on could be a plan. Which version are you on and is anyone else around later? @Cosby?
  • Cosy witnessed me killing myself like a pro.
    Your turn to kick off a new game.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    @Yoss I don't think I'll be on the xbox tonight. Definitely around on Monday though if we can arrange a game for then?

@Sas Not sure what happened with that last game as it just disappeared from my list. Will start another one now anyway.
  • I managed to kill both my last 2 worms with a super sheep. They need to sort the controls out for that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The controls are fine.

Funk, you up for Monday instead of tonight? I'd like to get some proper four player action if possible, 1v1 is all that's possible on iOS so getting plenty of that at the moment.
  • The controls are fine for most weapons. Have you tried a super sheep yet? Try piloting one of those fuckers around.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yep, I've used plenty. You just have to get used to them. Besides, they've got to be a bit tricky to control, that's the point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    @Cosby, our game dun died. Feel free to start a new one.
  • Loving these games by the way chaps, worms is a timeless classic even if this version is slightly borked.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Sorry to Sas for the fail on that game ending. I was hoping to go out in a blaze of glory; I thought kamikaze went across the whole map? Started a new one if you're keen.

Anyway. I have many pending game requests. Anyone want to jump back in?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!