The Fire Emblem Awakening Thread
  • I am on 8. Will talk to you about 11 when I get there.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • 11 is done, & done like a boss.

A couple hours of relationship grinding was needed for a few of the Shepards.
  • This game is doing similar things to me that Portal 2 did: Just when you think it's over, it's not.

It's easily the best game in the genre that I have played, my game clock is over 70 hours now, and I hesitate to say it but it's quickly entering Mario Galaxy/Skyward Sword territory for me.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Yes! Are people doing the parley stuff? Recruiting etc? The wifi options are pretty staggering. Bonus content everywhere.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Pissing through it now for the mo.  On chapter 15 & the enemy just can not handle my pairings.  I have at least 5 deadly relationships forming, with 2 of them on what seems a God level as they are unstoppable.  Throw in master seal overload(6 have now been upgraded) & a decent level back up in most classes except archery & for the mo I am fearing nothing that this game can throw at me.

In hindsight, I should of got on the pairing a lot earlier than I did(that's being a rookie for you) as its made a huge difference, with..
    Spoiler:
  • I have recruited everyone since chapter 5 or 6.  If there was anymore available before then they are lost to me as I did not have a clue about how to do it.  I know its simple to do(now) but my rookie ass did not really clock it till later on.
  • I've just finished this (Normal/Permadeath). Best game I've played in a long time. One thing I noticed was that by the end...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Now I'm gonna work through the Ghosts-of-Fire-Emblems-past and to try to buy some renown items. 

Has anyone tried the Double Duels?
    PSN: Trampoline_Hero | Switcheroo: SW-4808-6417-1689
  • mk64 wrote:
    Yes! Are people doing the parley stuff? Recruiting etc? The wifi options are pretty staggering. Bonus content everywhere.

I finished the game last night. Also, throughout the game did as much of the parley stuff as possible (bonus box) as well as a lot of relationship S-ranks too, so in the end I had quite the full roster and strong support units.

The ending ...

Spoiler:

Such a beautiful game.

Also, in response to SLEdge above (regarding your first spoiler):
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • So how valuable are pairings? 

I'm on chapter 11, and I see its the same as normal. Magic fucks everyone :D 

Not sure how to avoid this other than to use my dancer to try to wipe out as many of them as possible. 

So pairings.. i've done it about three times so far just to save someones ass but i've not used it as an offensive tactic. Which combinations are strongest then? Probably best to spoiler as above. What is the outcome if one is strong and one is weak? My sumia is sooo weak and I struggle to level her up.
  • Generally speaking there are two ways to pair up. Either the direct "pair up" option. This is handy for partnering weak characters with stronger ones.

In terms of scissor-paper-rocks, I found it handy to pair up any flying mounted units with stronger fighters when facing lots of arrow wielding enemies who can one-shot kill you. Or, more generally, pairing a weak unit with a strong one and using the 'switch' option to judiciously pick off nearly-dead enemies can help them pick up a lot of EXP quickly.

Also, you can pair up enemies by simply placing them next to each other on a map (but not use the 'pair up' option. They will still help each other out depending on stats and random numbers.
    I found a useful tactic was sending two very strong units up to a bottleneck/choke point, and then on the enemy turn they would wind up crashing against an impenetrable wall, losing half their force in a single turn.

Specific combinations spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • So far i've been doing this alot 

Also, you can pair up enemies by simply placing them next to each other on a map (but not use the 'pair up' option. They will still help each other out depending on stats and random numbers.
    I found a useful tactic was sending two very strong units up to a bottleneck/choke point, and then on the enemy turn they would wind up crashing against an impenetrable wall, losing half their force in a single turn.

Not so much of the proper pairing though but i'm on it. 
  • Either tactic will boost units relationship stats too. The higher they are, the more boosts to things like avoidance odds or defense odds you get, or higher chance of critical hits when attacking.
  • so i should parley a bit with my tag teams first?
  • Yes, I would say it's very helpful but bear in mind some of the parley battles are very tough.
  • Still martyring on, not petered out yet.

Took yet more time away from the main story to try to beef up, what's happened is my team is spilt into dominating troops and troops to pair with the dominators, the sidekick's only real use being their affinity with the bosses.

It's working for me on Hard/Perma good enough. About to clear chapter 7.
  • And done on my lunch, 5 turns flawless victory. Turns out if you rout the enemy quick enough, they don't have time to send reinforcements.
  • It is definitely a case in many of the levels that turns 1-3 are critical to get right.
  • so far! lol
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    So... Better than Advance Wars?

I'd have to say no, but I stopped playing it after about 20 hours and may (but probably won't) change my mind.
  • Its much harder than advance wars..
  • I think half my problems were because I was trying to play it like a AW game.  It's got a fuckton more depth than that series.
  • Yes indeed
  • Just as I think I am getting on top of this game, along comes chapter 16 for a new education.  Dusted it, but it took a fair few goes & was nice to get back to some head scratching rather than just cruising it, as I had been in the prev few levels.

Also the pairing goes from strength to strength with one pairing on S rank, with 2 more that just have to be shy of S, support doesn't even do it justice.  These pairings finish each others sentences of death or throw a block in pretty much all the time.  Love it!  Well worth relationship grinding your fav combo's.
  • Yes I started chap 12 last night Gain and immediately paired everyone. Two turns in and running the show
  • Some class changing has been going down, my man's a Dark Mage now. Still doing every skirmish and side mission because I can feel the bite coming (chapter 8).

By grinding the relationships do you mean using DLC to boost them up a bit?

• About to start
    Do I have to choose a class? I always instantly regret whatever I pick.
  • I'm really struggling with side story 17. What an absolute swine of a level.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yes chapter smiley face also known as eight.
  • haha

quick question about chapter 12
    Spoiler:
  • 15 minutes in. Phew that's a lot of characters introduced so far.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!