Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • My cat has a hat, and is therefore called Seuss.  Or he would be, if my wife had spoken to me before I just called him Elmlea.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I will be playing this this evening. I MUST pick up some mead on the way home.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blocks100 said:

a dog fell from the sky 

Just you wait till you meet the levitating mammoths.

Haha.  I've had a wardrobe fall from the sky in that first big city you come across (can't remember the name).  Funny stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I once fast-travelled somewhere. As soon as the location loaded up I saw something arc through the sky over my head. I spun around just in time to see a horse plummet into the forest beyond. He didn't make it.
    Get schwifty.
  • I always though some of that might be a sort of joke. What with the giants launching you into the air. 

Not the levitating mammoths obv. That's a bug.  
  • OK.

So sneaky archer is the way to go in the next build.

Done.

Do we make it a cat burglar? 
  • Can't remember, but don't they have racial bonuses skewed towards sneakiness?
  • I think they do. Movement and light armour bonus' I believe.
  • Cool. That'd do it, then. 

I'm thinking Breton mage/thief for the next one.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm still on my original character, with 300+ hours on the clock. I can't see me starting a new character until all of the dlc is out.

I'd really love Beth to release a hardcore mode (I'd even pay for it) that prevents fast travel and adds dynamics. Things like cold affecting stamina, the need to eat, drink and sleep, perhaps less numerous but more deadly enemies. Cutting wood to make arrows and build campfires, mining for blacksmithing materials, bedrolls for sleeping in the wilderness. A lot of this is, if not all, is available with mods no doubt, but I'm a sofa slouch and want it on my 360.
    Get schwifty.
  • Aye, all of that is currently available on PC, even stuff like cold weather having tangible effects on your character.  Plus some absolutely stunning Dragonbone weapons.  Just a pity the MMO announcement has IMO cast a shadow over the continuation of the series as we know it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • google said:

I think they do. Movement and light armour bonus' I believe.

Khajiit are great for sneaky archer's. +10 sneak, +5 to lockpicking, pickpocket, archery, one handed, and alchemy. There's also Night Eye of course.
  • google said:

There's also Night Eye of course.

Which is rendered next to useless by the sheer luminosity of the bloody dungeons.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Blocks100 said:

Aye, all of that is currently available on PC, even stuff like cold weather having tangible effects on your character.  Plus some absolutely stunning Dragonbone weapons.  Just a pity the MMO announcement has IMO cast a shadow over the continuation of the series as we know it.

I really don't see it that way. I don't see why the single-player experience can't live alongside an mmo. I do absolutely see your point, but someone needs to be the glass is half full to your glass is half empty. :)
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Anyway, I'm FINALLY home and I'm going in!
    Get schwifty.
  • Blocks100 said:

google said:

There's also Night Eye of course.

Which is rendered next to useless by the sheer luminosity of the bloody dungeons.

Ah, good point. My archer' an Imperial, and in all the dungeons that I've done I think I've only had to use a torch twice.
  • Decided to put this on this afternoon.  First thing that happened...Paathnurx (or whatever the dragons name is) started talking to me as he flew away. 

I ended up having the conversation with a cloud.

Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I really should get into this again. Think I'm on the 3rd proper mission so I've got a ton to do.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I do have about 16 million gold though.
  • How have you managed that? 

I got fed up with shuttling back and forth to shops because they run out of bloody money.  I didn't realise Skyrim was in a recession.

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I went through a phase of 360 save editing, so used the barrel glitch. Deposit 4 gold, fuck about with it, return to save, millions upon millions.
  • I think the MMO could be great; the degree of depth in the smithing (for example) made me think it wouldn't be hard to up it a bit and add more customisation, so you could theoretically just spend your life being a blacksmith.  If the skill chains are suitably tricky, you could have a character devoted to one, and let people run about doing quests while you happily mine and smith away.

Of course, it won't be that.  It'll be fucking World of Warcraft but in Tamriel.
  • Main quest done, really didn't have that much left to do on it really.

Now what should I do?

• Go chase that butterfly.

• Haha, I did manage to actually catch some of them today!

Spent last night and this morning finishing off the 'College of Winterhold' questline.  Quite enjoyed it but it was nothing special.  The weakest of the side-quest lines so far.  The best thing about it was the amount of dragon shouts it provided.

Carrying on with the thieves guild now.  Gotta poison me some mead.

• I just need that DLC release now, give me the incentive to finish off the Dark Brotherhood questline and start afresh with a new character.  
  • I've diverted from the Dark Brotherhood now, who I found a bit distasteful, and I've sided with the Imperial Legion to start the civil war quests.  I was going to join the Stormcloaks, the plucky underdogs, but I found them a bit racist to my Khajit so they can sod off.

I'm the Guild Master of the Thieves' Guild, and I started looking at the Dark Brotherhood, but I don't think my character's very likely to be a random mass murderer.  I hoped they'd be a little bit more discerning with their targets, but I don't really like indiscriminately killing everyone.  It's nice to have the change of pace with creeping around trying to sneakily off people, but murdering innocents isn't all that much fun.
  • Right, I'm going in. I will finish the main quest. Sometime.

Edit: Don't like the kill cam.
  • Thieves Guild main quest completed. I havn't restored it to its full glory yet but I may take a break from sneaking before I carry on with that.
    Was a great questline though. The twist was pretty obvious, but it had some really fun missions.
  • Yup , I loved it. Then got a corrupt save file. Had to reload from an earlier save and lost 12 hours of game play, including the last big Thieves Guild mission. Does mean I get to do it again though, so :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!