Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I craft you some armour, gift you my favourite fish bowl hat, save your ass during the Blood Moon and in return you pinch my coins and summon a great big fucking eyeball which kicks my teeth in.

More the neet?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Defo.

For the record, it was your gold bars I nicked not your coins. You obviously haven't seen my new armour.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    You made gold armour? Blingin. What time are you on? Get the wife and kid to bed sharpish, I'm itching for more.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Getting my mop cut at 8 so it may be towards 9ish
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Had a good day so far of attempting to get resources from the Jungle to make me some decent weapons. Got the grapple upgraded too which often makes life a lot easier.. ye gods.. it is back under the skin again. And now it has achievements too.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Frantic: Let it grow, I like you shaggy.

Isanbard: I have a grapple, it is awesome. We've not found any jungle yet, just the standard forrest, two deserts, an arctic snowy bit, a dungeon where something one hits me whenever I go near it and some fucked up purple stuff (The Corruption I think).

I'd invite you in Isanbard but I like learning the ropes and cooing over new discoveries with Frantic so I think you'd soon be bored of our feeble efforts.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I was thinking the same and probably be a bit too easy for me to blow all manner of discoveries as I've been all over the place with this already on the PC. 

It kind of explains itself just enough as long as you keep going to find the limits of the world you have. There's quite a bit patched in since I left it way back when as my snazzy new bat pet will attest to. Pretty sure the concept of pets are all new to me. Don't remember seeing a snowy section from back in the day either but it has been a while.. 

It has a lovely exploration mechanic as you find a new beastie/thing in a new environment, scurry back to base with a sliver of health and jhave a interrogation session with your guide to find out how painful the collection will be to get the latest toys.. Great stuff.

I'll mention that you needn't be worrying too much about that insta death dungeon yet either btw. That's a later dealio just for now. Grabbing heart container thingies and just finding all the places should sort you for a good while yet…
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Do heart containers spawn randomly or is there a set few for each world? Found four so far but I've been giving some to Frantic. I've also been splitting Fallen Stars with him, but I'm sure you get plenty of those to go around.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aren't I the charity case.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I know, pick your own stars up you lazy bastard. 

Just thinking the reason you can't pick stuff like that up is because you'd be raping my world of its finite natural resources. I wouldn't put it past you to be honest.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I've picked stars up though.

I'm gonna trash all your stuff later.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha, I bet the first thing you do is organise all the junk in those chests. OCD is the real boss you have to beat in this game.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aaaaarrghh don't mention the chests.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    One major difference with yer minecrafts of the world is that your character (was??) persistent across all worlds you exist in. I seem to remember that the heart things were pretty commonplace and popped up all over the shop but worst case scenario you should be able to go hunting in a trash world pretty easily and find a few near-ish the surface there.. It's a farmathon on many levels.. heheh

Stars fall every night so no worries there.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Only gripe I have about the co-op on this is the fact your map gets reset when you rejoin somebodies world(revealed areas you've visited). Very annoying.

The fact all your stuff carries over from world to world makes up for it though.

I've decided I love this as much as Minecraft. They're similar but different enough to make owning both a necessity.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Was gutted that my enormous tower didn't help find a floating island though :(
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This thing needs a better description...

When I think of a 2D Minecraft, I just think of a wodge of grown badgers, waffin' about with a brass' platformer, with no discernible challenge for an object...
    What makes this so good?
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Was gutted that my enormous tower didn't help find a floating island though :(

Well at least we now have the obligatory phallic symbol sorted out.

@DR it's a hard game to describe, it's a lot like Minecraft in some ways, but nowt like it in others. It's at its best when you're discovering new things, working out what they do and how you can use them. It gives you the feeling that there is always something new waiting to be found, and that compels you to play more.

I can't really sum it up, I could go on for hours about it but it would just be a load of waffle to you. You'd be far better off having a dabble with the dirt cheap PC version as I think it's a game you have to experience yourself, just hearing stuff like 'The grapple hook is great!' means nowt to you if you don't know what it's like to fall into a chasm and spend an age trying to climb back out.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    The fact they've managed to make adventuring underground in 2D as exciting and addictive as Minecraft speaks volumes. There's tons to discover.

I cannot wait for when these games start popping up next gen.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Its an action based minecraft. Yes you can sit there for hours creating, But you can also spend days just spelunky'ing it up underground. Defeating bosses kind of has a story to it. In terms of eventually you get the end game scenario. But at no point does it force you to actually do them.

Throw in random encounters such as goblin armies swarming your base, to meteors crashing into the world and it can be anywhere! Had it crash into my house on my PC game. The game is a huge time sink and you will love every minute
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I've only just started running into those giant underground worms. The stuff others are talking about seems way off for me, but I'm loving it. Only just created my first bit of copper armour.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Can I fuck get another Hook to drop from those bastard skellingtons. Any tips or is it just a case of grinding? Piranhas drop them too but they're few and far between.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    easy way to grind the hook is youtube it and make a farm where it will spawn endless enemies to kill. Other than that make a load of bogus worlds and just snatch and grab
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • Can't.
    Stop.
    Playing.
    This.
  • Totally addicted, only managed to take down the Eye so far (after a dozen failed attempts when underpowered).

Got myself some Jungle armour and the Thorn Chakram and started kicking its arse for fun.

It's like a 2D minecraft / metroidvania / souls combo. Love it.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Me and sparkly tried to kill the eye. I summoned it without warning him and he ran about screaming like a girl. Probably my gaming highlight of the year.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Fucking yes to this game by the way.

We need to get back on it at some point Franticle, that big eye and miserable skellybobs down in the castle are due some payback.
  • This sounds interesting. What format is it being played on?
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Me and Frantic are on Xbox, Jamie is on the PS3. It's also on PC for buttons, I might even have a free PC one left over after Dan was unable to sort himself out.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!