Saying goodbye
  • I need to win the Master League with Newcastle in PES 2013. I need to complete Dishonored. I need to finish all the Forza Horison races etc. Erm...think that's it.
  • This gen still has a long way to go for me. Still haven't started Skyrim, Ni No Kuni, MGS 4, Pandora's Tower, Xenoblade, Mario Galaxy 2 or  FF XIII-2. Never mind this gen, I still have some HD versions of last gen stuff to start/finish including Silent Hill 2 & 3, MGS HD, Okami, ZOE and God of War.

I also need to continue my Mass Effect trilogy play through. Didn't play ME3 at launch as I wanted to play the whole story, but I still haven't got around to it. Currently I'm about ten hours into Mass Effect.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Being a retro head and a bit of a hoarder I tend to hold on.

If I was being a bit more rational I would only hold onto stuff that is replayable - i.e. stuff that isn't narritive led which isn't all that replayable no matter how good it is.

Anything that offers a good same-room multi-player experience is a keeper for me and that tends to be the type of game I am attracted to in the first place. Exception to that would be shmups which feed my single player score attack / time trial appetite.

The issue of online raises its head now - once servers go offline how many games of the 360/PS3 gen are worth keeping if the online MP was the strong point?

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I feel like taking on the god of war trilogy over a weekend too. Why not.
  • Until games stop being made for each console this is going to be like a rather awkward phone conversation where we're all going "no, you hang up!" For the next 12 months.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I feel like taking on the god of war trilogy over a weekend too. Why not.

You'll need more than a weekend , unless I'm just crap - ah that's it !!

It's depressing to think there's not gonna be BC on next gen - that could be the big point of Nextbox if they confirmed that. But seeing as there's all these sales now , it's not looking good.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm currently playing through the Orange Box again (which has been the best value for any game collection this gen) and loving it all over.  Then I am thinking about either playing DeadSpace or Bioshock (although both games will have sequels to sap my free time by the time OB is finished)... and at the same time I am getting back into Ridge Racer 6, as that game is still awesome.
    XBOX: Kurt Russel
    PS3: Air_Hair_Lair
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I've got tons to buy/play, fuck da next gen coming straight from the underground.
  • MS are gonna bork all 360s 3 months after launch, you heard it here furrst.
    It will be an update that takes 14 years to download and install, and the disc tray will turn to ham and Yoss won't be able to play his 360 cos "no meat".
  • I dont plan on getting rid of my console but I will be sad to say goodbye to some games which I'm fairly certain wont be made again due to licensing issues or the company going to the wall. Geometry Wars 2 is a game I wish I could transfer - it's a really good game to spend a few minutes on (running into an hour) between games. A great small game. The "milky Way" of the games world.

Also, I think Outrun 2 may never show up again. A pity, as its a lovely way to spend 5 or so minutes. 

Finally, I think we may never see a pure music game like Guitar Hero 2 & 3. I know people got fed up with the 20 million sequels (never mind Rock Band and its evolving form) but I still get a great buzz from the simple score attack of 2 & 3. The fact that Activision rode a very basic and simple idea into the ground over half a generation is depressing.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    MS are gonna bork all 360s 3 months after launch, you heard it here furrst. It will be an update that takes 14 years to download and install, and the disc tray will turn to ham and Yoss won't be able to play his 360 cos "no meat".

I always knew Microsoft were racist.
  • I think my xbox will get hacked so I can save all my shmups to HDD. Then it's being stuck in an arcade cab.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I think the awkward thing is going to be these current-gen/next-gen multi-platform games because the current-gen version are just going to feel like second-best.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    MS are gonna bork all 360s 3 months after launch, you heard it here furrst. It will be an update that takes 14 years to download and install, and the disc tray will turn to ham and Yoss won't be able to play his 360 cos "no meat".
    I always knew Microsoft were racist.

apple_logo_640x480_zps523770a0.jpg

Where's the black? huh? huh?
  • Determined to rinse through ME 2/3 while there's time. Got Sleeping Dogs unplayed, and have promised myself I'll finish Valkyria Chronicles before all this is over.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    What am I doing with a dreamcast and Ikaruga. Jesus. Consoles mean nothing to me, I haven't got a dreamcast. WTF.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    GET A SHED

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!