Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Turgid, awful mess. I only had one shot in the whole of the match plus extra time. The highlight was getting Sturridge clean through one on one, only for him to forget the ball and run away into the crowd. Bad aids.
  • It was my typical Italian containing game that did it. Stuzza didn't have a sniff all game he forgot what the ball was for. Some flashes of brilliance with the Fox engine but it is awfully sluggish online. It will be interesting to see what the new consoles make of PES.

I reckon we played out tonight's match. A fairly uneventful 120 minutes followed by an absolute penalty horror show by Italy and England to win via the spot kicks.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Just picked up pes2015 on ps3 for £7, was getting a hankering for football.
    Just had a quick exhibition before diving into ML for a couple of games...pretty positive so far, though I've been fooled before by the first few games of a recent pes (2013 i think )
    But so far, no sticky defenders grabbing you and sucking you backwards when you run past, not every tackle is a yellow card, and no unstoppable ai goals late on. There's a wonderful sense of pace and power to crosses and shots, hitting some lovely thumping volleys from the edge of the box - none have gone in, one even hit row z, but the important thing was the solid whack!
    It also feels like it's got a bit of that old magic pes blend between it being a fun game and like football- not too much like hard work or simulation...it's a bit organic and random but in a fair way, and it seems really good at anticipating what you want to do - it rewards vision and anticipation over incredible dexterity and button control.
    Will prob think it's shit in a couple of days....
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Just picked up pes2015 on ps3 for £7, was getting a hankering for football. Just had a quick exhibition before diving into ML for a couple of games...pretty positive so far, though I've been fooled before by the first few games of a recent pes (2013 i think ) But so far, no sticky defenders grabbing you and sucking you backwards when you run past, not every tackle is a yellow card, and no unstoppable ai goals late on. There's a wonderful sense of pace and power to crosses and shots, hitting some lovely thumping volleys from the edge of the box - none have gone in, one even hit row z, but the important thing was the solid whack! It also feels like it's got a bit of that old magic pes blend between it being a fun game and like football- not too much like hard work or simulation...it's a bit organic and random but in a fair way, and it seems really good at anticipating what you want to do - it rewards vision and anticipation over incredible dexterity and button control. Will prob think it's shit in a couple of days....

Your faith is justified! 2015 has just that little bit of magic we've been missing for a few years - there are still plenty of flaws to find (AI do enjoy a 1 shot 1 goal game and often score the same goal, and there's the fact the precision shot is massively overpowered...) but it's about as good as we've had for a long time. FYI 2016 demo is out in two days
  • I might have to avoid the demo for a bit until I've had more time on 2015 otherwise I'll just feel like I'm missing out (assuming there are improvements ).
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Don't assume that, although there have been years in the past where the demo has outshone the game. Konami do seem able to take backwards steps on occasion
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Totally agree with that. I think it was the PES 14 Demo that was excellent, when the actual game was a pad smashingly frustratingly wanky mess.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Eric wrote:
    Totally agree with that. I think it was the PES 14 Demo that was excellent, when the actual game was a pad smashingly frustratingly wanky mess.

Yeah definitely happened a couple of times, I reckon 14 was a candidate. Think that was the year shooting was fantastic on the demo and they toned it down for the release, although that easily could've been 2012 or 2013....
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Anyone fancy starting a blanket PES thread?

Anyway I've just had my second and third full games on the demo, first on regular before I pumped it up to Top Player expecting a good shoeing. Turns out if you know your shit Top Player can actually be easier to create chances, pulling players out of position due to the aggressive AI etc.

I fully expect them to dial up the difficulty in the main game mind.

This video captures the exact moment the game became a definite buy for me, keep an eye on Pogba:

How many times in older games has the ball gone near a player in an animation and he's just ignored the ball until the animation ends then springs into life?

Fuck that shit says Pogba, yeah I've just been knocked on my arse by the excellent dynamic physics and am in the process of whinging to the ref for a pen while sitting offside, but the ball's coming, quick get something on it! The fact he fucked the attempt is even better, if he'd have buried that in the top corner I'd have been wondering how often the AI will pull that malarkey off against me.

So I'm back on it, no doubt I'll live to regret it but I just can't fucking help myself.
  • I badly wanna get it. But extremely low on cash and credit cards are alsmost maxed out and don't wanna spend on them. Hell, I'm considering cancelling some of my next few purchases. Tomb Raider and Starfox may have to wait a while.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just tried a couple of games. Enjoyable but I can't get with the controls and I can't see a way to change them. Dash on the RB but I want it on the trigger, double dash a double tap of RB but I'm used to flicking the left stick, that last one may be a FIFA constraint though. The pace is good though and it's good to see you can use the physics to beat a man.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Also, isn't there an option when you select your controller at the start of the demo?
  • There is, just clocked it now.
  • Anyone fancy starting a blanket PES thread? Anyway I've just had my second and third full games on the demo, first on regular before I pumped it up to Top Player expecting a good shoeing. Turns out if you know your shit Top Player can actually be easier to create chances, pulling players out of position due to the aggressive AI etc. I fully expect them to dial up the difficulty in the main game mind. This video captures the exact moment the game became a definite buy for me, keep an eye on Pogba: How many times in older games has the ball gone near a player in an animation and he's just ignored the ball until the animation ends then springs into life? Fuck that shit says Pogba, yeah I've just been knocked on my arse by the excellent dynamic physics and am in the process of whinging to the ref for a pen while sitting offside, but the ball's coming, quick get something on it! The fact he fucked the attempt is even better, if he'd have buried that in the top corner I'd have been wondering how often the AI will pull that malarkey off against me. So I'm back on it, no doubt I'll live to regret it but I just can't fucking help myself.

You'll be fine mate. I promise this every year and it comes back to bite me, but I thought last year was pretty damn good and they've only improved the physics engine and you're right; top player does seem a tad easy, unless you play Bayern who seem to steamroller me everytime. 

One of the key things for me is the way players tackle now and the fact that fouls can be non-existent (played a full 10min game and then another 80mins before my first foul either way) due to the physics engine. Long range shooting might be a little easy, but I'm enjoying myself taking 30-40 yarders on and having some success. Only issue is the bloody controlled shot seems massively overpowered again...

They've promised Master League changes but they promise that every year. I'm hoping for a decent soundtrack (since it's the special 20th anniversary or whatever) and some new trophies to aim for during the ML slog.
  • Also I'll create a thread when I think of a decent name. Priorities
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I think it was either Wor Kid or Shindig who named it The PES Thread of Jim Beglin's Night Terrors on a previous version of the forum. Hard to beat that one.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    PES Simism
    Pro Evolution Shocker (presumably that's what Conner plays)

I'm to tired too attempt a third pun. Sad times.
  • It's back to the old arguments about people who haven't played the game; The PES Thread

Not sure if I'm the only person who gets that. 

Anyway: 
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/1708594.stm

Feast yer eyes on this badboy. "The players are very lifelike" - they sure are
  • Some incredibly positive reviews coming out for 2016; GameSpot and GamesRadar are both up.
  • It's sounding pretty good. Might delve in on pc since it can be had for under 20 quid.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Tempted to get back into a bit of PES. Had 15 on the drive since it was cheap in a sale and the reviews fro 16 are pretty fantastic across the board so far.. Hmmm.. Destiny/MGSV could be a problem here though..
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    loxdog wrote:
    Some incredibly positive reviews coming out for 2016; GameSpot and GamesRadar are both up.

Might be time to jump back in...
    That will get my man points back.

Why are Konami seemingly pulling things back together now?

ARGH!!!

A spider...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Got it...  *phew*
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    It's sounding pretty good. Might delve in on pc since it can be had for under 20 quid.

Where from?
  • A bit more reading suggests they are using the old engine for the PC version, it may be worth waiting.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    How does this modern shit work? Do I get that through Steam, or what?

'Old' engine?

Really?
  • Yeah, they should send you a steam code.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Wrong thread perhaps, but how do they make money?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!