Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've only ever played a bit of the PS original, but this trailer pushes my primer. More for Red Dead 2, but I'm down for anything Dollars.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Or just do this:

Fistful.png

Please.

Quiet's very:

ajos2010537.jpg
  • wtf is that growing out of snakes head? thread reminds me i need to finish peace walker, some of the boss fights grated me and the main gameplay was a bit mgs 'lite'.

also Sutherland's voice just seems odd coming out of that face. I think it's because his voice is pretty recognisable AS Kiefer. 

+10 for getting bikini torture in Kojima
  • Stuff in his head appears to be shrapnel or diamond. The X-rays that show up in the background seem to show the various shit characters go through.
  • Do we have conclusive proof of Sutherland voicing Snake? Like actual lip movement synced with dialogue on screen?

I'm still convinced something fishy is going on...
  • daviedigi wrote:
    It does look amazing, I really liked MGS4, I've yet to play 2 and 3.
    gurt i have the hd collection on ps3, i wouldn't ever part with it but i will let lend it you for as long as you need it. mgs 2 hd, and more specifically mgs3 hd and peace walker has some of the best stand out moments in gaming period! drop me a pm and il send it you asap. (tomorow possibly). you must play mgs3.....and pw.

Cheers mate but I already have the HD Collection, I've had it for a while just sitting there. College and other life stuff has meant that gaming has taken a backseat recently, and I have a hooooge backlog of stuff to finish. I want to finish Deus Ex: HR first and then I'll probably start on MGS2.

Thanks v. much for the offer though. :)
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    Do we have conclusive proof of Sutherland voicing Snake? Like actual lip movement synced with dialogue on screen? I'm still convinced something fishy is going on...

good point, though as it's presented here i still find it odd. sutherland needs to be more 'been smoking for 50 years'
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    Fentonizer wrote:
    Do we have conclusive proof of Sutherland voicing Snake? Like actual lip movement synced with dialogue on screen? I'm still convinced something fishy is going on...
    good point, though as it's presented here i still find it odd. sutherland needs to be more 'been smoking for 50 years'

it showed you him doing motion stuff and face scans and shizzle at konamis pre e3 show.
    hayter could always be voicing big boss.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    also they talk about it on this podcast 'the kp_alert.
    http://www.kjp.konami.jp/gs/hideoblog_e/2013/06/000271.html#more

(part 2 the latest 1 is about kiether)
    (part 1 were more about the faked joakim and moby dick studos, very interesting though)
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Snake's voice sounded distinctly like Hayter.
    Sutherland could be doing a good Hayter impression obviously.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • really? sounded like Jack Bauer to me, 6:10 and 8:40, pretty unmistakable. there is a voice at the end (8:55) that sounds snake-ish but i'm not sure who it is, form the earlier part of the trailer i'm guessing ocelot - for a brief second it sounded like Sutherland doing a 'Hayter' but i don't think it is.

also isn't Kaz master Miller? how did he train (solid) Snake with one leg and one arm?
  • Smang wrote:
    really? sounded like Jack Bauer to me, 6:10 and 8:40, pretty unmistakable. there is a voice at the end (8:55) that sounds snake-ish but i'm not sure who it is, form the earlier part of the trailer i'm guessing ocelot - for a brief second it sounded like Sutherland doing a 'Hayter' but i don't think it is. also isn't Kaz master Miller? how did he train (solid) Snake with one leg and one arm?

He either gets prosthetics like Boss, or during the time Boss is in a coma he trains Snake.

My MGS-fu is STRONG today.
  • NANOMACHINES, SON
    pre - Raiden i think it was all about "AI's" - though senatormachines would explain a lot.

But Miller at the time of shadow moses...

Master_Miller.jpg

though anyone who's played MGS will know why he has his limbs back :)
  • Spoiler:
  • "Snake, it's been a long time."

"Master Miller, what are you doing here?!"
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Smang wrote:
    thread reminds me i need to finish peace walker

Thread reminds me that I need to start playing, and finish, both Portable Ops and Peace Walker! At least I have the latter on my Vita (HD), but I'll have to dig the UMD out for the former and dust off the PSP.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • a friend of mine recently played through portable ops+, then moaned it was shit and nothing happened in it... apparently they removed all story elements for that version?! 

either way i sort of preferred it to what i played of peace walker, gameplay wise at least. the bosses kinda grated on me very quickly in peace walker, and the game as a whole seemed to require much more grinding. will still finish one day though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Rumour is, Kojima has made Portable Ops non-canon. The events and characters get literally no mention in PW.
  • i guess that would explain why eva/sigint/paramedic weren't on motherbase :(
  • Kojima Interview

The theme of MGSV is Race.

Ground Zeroes is indeed the 'prologue' just like The Tanker/Virtuous Mission. It is still open world, but smaller. They have not decided if they will release it as a separate game yet.

Tablet/smartphone support is in. Suggestion of 'user generated missions' via smartphone/tablet.

MGO confirmed, being worked on by the LA Studio.
  • Awesome news about MGO. The last iteration really deserved more love.
  • yes. i loved mgo MAN CANON
  • Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Not sure if I can be bothered to play MGS1 again.

And a letter? I guess they mean email.
  • i have a feeling mgs5 will turn into a solid snake adventure at some point.
  • I read a cool thing about tying the series up by having the Big Boss/Solid Snake battle from the original Metal Gear but playing as Big Boss instead.
  • WOuld be cool, but a final boss battle you have to lose? Actually, that would be a very Kojima thing to do
  • never really felt like snake wins that fight at the end of 4 either.
  • Yeah, everytime you win it just goes TIME PARADOX: FISSION MAILED

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!