First System
  • My fixation with all things gaming comes, I suspect, from the relative lack of a home computer/console until relatively late. Whilst I looked jealously around at people with Atari's, Vic 20's, Dragon 32's (have I made that up??), Speccy's, BBC's and Commodores I had the battery powered Astro Wars to console myslef with. And that belonged to my brother.

Eventually my brother bought an Atari ST and boy did I fall hard for computer games.

Speedball, Operation Wolf, Blood Money...the list I am sure could go on and on but those I remember. But my faves were without a doubt the Kick Off series and the Player Manager off shoot. Dino Dini was the man and the subsequent love in with Sensible Soccer never really made much sense after that.

Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    spectrum.jpg
    16k of awesomeness, at the tender age of 6.

I also had an arcade at the end of my street where i'd go and watch the bigger kids play Pole Position etc.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Skondo wrote:
    Did anyone here ever have a Colecovision or Intellivision? I remember seeing them in Woolworths, but never knew anyone who had either. Donkey Kong was always on the demo Colecovision and some football game was always on the Intellivision.

Never had either - Intellivision I'm not so fussed about - but the Colecovision was the Rolls Royce of the day. It got a very respectable port of Zaxxon which occasionally was playable in Woolworths when Donkey Kong wasn't on. You could get a wheel for it to play Gremlin's Turbo - AND you could get an adaptor for playing VCS games - imagine someone pulling the equivalent of a move like that today.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!