Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    Caved and got it... Down loading now.

Theres some dogs in it, youll like it.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Pmsl.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This is glorious!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    g.o.t.y contender for sure.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Definitely, my GOTY by some distance. It would have been Journey, but there's just so much game here by comparison, for me it has to be Ohkami.
  • indigo wrote:
    Definitely, my GOTY by some distance. It would have been Journey, but there's just so much game here by comparison, for me it has to be Ohkami.

Totally agree — 16 hours in and I'm absolutely aghast at the fact I missed this first time around. Bollocks to new consoles - a game this good is timeless and the art style (6 years old) shames everything ive played in the last 12 months.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Played an hour today. I like it but not totally amazed by it yet.
  • @danclarke, yeah I've had very similar thoughts during my playthrough, art style > tech.
    Though art + bleeding edge tech is always better.
    Anyone played the DS okami? Does it pick up where this left off?
  • love this game. so good. 

i was 25 hours into the ps2 game when my ps3 stopped playing ps2 games :( :(

either way this is a perfect HD release, but i wish they had tried to do something about the draw distance. it'd be nice if you could see far away treasures/people/etc without having to be 10 foot away from them.
  • Agreed.The Pop-In is literally the only thing that reminds me I'm playing a last gen game. I don't mind it though, it kind of gives the game a ghostly quality, with everything constantly popping in and out of existence. Works with the games magical atmosphere imo.
  • true, it'snot enough to ruin the rest of the game. 

but it makes me feel like i've missed some treasures etc. plus running full pelt into an invisible enemy scroll gets a bit tiresome. still one of the most glorious games i've ever played.
  • I've just done the worst part of this game so far. Without spoiling anything, it's shortly after your first big boss and involves a lot of water. This section is dreadful, but mercifully short. Otherwise, Okami is just sublime.
  • You mean the part where you had to...
    Spoiler:
    I really enjoyed that bit.

@ Smang, I agree that it hampers exploration, but I'm 20+ hours in and I think I've had that invisible enemy thing happen just the once, does sound annoying though.
  • Just reached the 'big city' - this is still on course to be MY game of the year. Awesome stuff.
  • @indigo. Yes that is the part that I meant. Just felt out of place to me, but hey, horses for courses etc....
  • Aye different strokes, makes life a lot more interesting.
  • can this game really be GOTY if it's essentially the same game from 2008?

either way i'll vote for it :D

25 hours in and i have 10 (maybe 11) brushes now. i think i'm pretty much where i was before i lost my ps2 save, i need to stick with it!
  • Smang wrote:
    can this game really be GOTY if it's essentially the same game from 2008?

Yes. Fuck GOTY, it's one of the best games ever, even if completely and utterly unchanged from PS2 incarnation.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • just got the cat brush - going back to previous areas that are now almost twice the size! well at least there are rabbits to feed.
  • I think I'm nearing the end - just got to the snow village.
  • Just finished this, and overall It really is such a phenomenal game, it completely deserves all the praise, adulation and potentially 'best game ever' labels that are so often sent it's way.
    Spoiler:
    I've lots more beads to find, and side-quests to do, so I'll take a breather, look at the trophies and (hopefully) add Okami to my short list of plats. Praise the sun (goddess Amaterasu).
  • How long did it take you? I must've spent about 70 hours on it on PS2. 

One of the best games ever indeed.
  • 39 hours. still missing a holy artifact, about 40 stray beads and I've not completed any of the wanted lists, so I've loads left to do.
    Spoiler:
    I can see that one taking a LOT of tries.
  • I think I did most things, bar a few beads. I was a bit obsessed. Loved every minute, though. Well. Except for not being able to skip or fast forward the text.
  • You can fast forward the text in this version, apart from cutscenes. The writing's really good but I could definitely see how some of the NPC dialogue repetition -I'm looking at you Dojo master- would've gotten really annoying without a fast forward button.
  • i'v just cleared oni island. the temptation to go back and waste hours looking for beads is strong... 27 hours in so far.

the monster lists are pretty easy to do btw, and they're worth getting done the moment you get the lists imo.
  • My PS3 crashed on Sunday. Can't sign in, can't start disc games or hard drive games. Have lost my save where I was approximately 18 hours into this. Balls. I 've run a full format, which took about 20 hours and I'm hoping to recover my profile this evening.
  • oh shit man, that's an advert for the cloud right there...

*backs up shit*
  • Anyone know if the wanted monsters are randomly generated when you enter a battle? or is there something to differentiate their floating demon scrolls, from normal enemy ones?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    What're load times like, is the paw-minigame-loading screen still about for tiiiime?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!