Weird Stuff (tinfoil hat wearing goons only, please)
  • I had a quick look at aircraft lights because apart from balloons the UFO things are nearly always lights. Aeroplanes have lots of lights - landing lights, taxi lights, strobe lights, beacon lights etc, but they fall into two broad groups. 

First lot is for the pilot so he can see stuff when taking off and landing and these are then turned off while in the sky. These are called pilot visibility lights.

The second lot are as a warning to others to avoid collisions etc. These are called aircraft visibility lights and are used once in the sky.

So it would seem UFO lights are aircraft visibility lights, alien or human. Either way they want to be seen. If it is aliens it would appear their aircraft are as shite as ours at avoiding collisions so they need to tell human pilots not to get too close, which seems a bit at odds with the tremendous technological feat it would take to get here. Maybe they're just shit at atmospheres which would explain all the crashing.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nearly all lights are our aircraft but not always is the point of interest.

UAP lights possibly a type of field generation but if the occupants have eyes, illumination has to be useful also. Crash retrieval is an umbrella term and the craft could be gifted, archaeological or more recently downed by EMP weapons.

Members of the US Congress accessing a secure facility to read the whistleblower’s claims tomorrow…
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I think the main reason crop circles aren't aliens is that a couple of blokes admitted it was them years ago and explained exactly how they did it.
    It's trivially easy and loads of people have done it. I don't know why people would be so amazed/baffled by 2D geometry marked with flattened plants and think it might be evidence of aliens. I'd expect something more bizzare like perfect holes through mountains or Roadside Picnic style anomolies from an interstellar race.

This may be in the tin/propeller hat zone, but the Prime doc I referred to earlier acknowledges the two guys and still does raise some interesting questions.  There is one person who goes on about aliens but 90% of the doc is of a technical nature about how they are done. There is supposedly measurable science that shows differences between known hoaxes and some others. This may equate to just far cleverer hoaxers who are yet to be identified.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nearly all lights are our aircraft but not always is the point of interest. UAP lights possibly a type of field generation but if the occupants have eyes, illumination has to be useful also. Crash retrieval is an umbrella term and the craft could be gifted, archaeological or more recently downed by EMP weapons. Members of the US Congress accessing a secure facility to read the whistleblower’s claims tomorrow…

Space is one big EMP weapon. Stars are huge and terrifying EMP emitters. Pretty sure alien spacecraft should be able to handle that shit.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I remember seeing this old video back in the day. Had forgot about it until it was trawled up again in the Prime doc.

If, as is likely, it is a hoax, it's rather clever. Bear in mind the time this was shown pre CGI etc.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Reminds me of ball lightning which is a weird and fascinating natural phenomena - or is it????  :)

• bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Nearly all lights are our aircraft but not always is the point of interest. UAP lights possibly a type of field generation but if the occupants have eyes, illumination has to be useful also. Crash retrieval is an umbrella term and the craft could be gifted, archaeological or more recently downed by EMP weapons. Members of the US Congress accessing a secure facility to read the whistleblower’s claims tomorrow…

Space is one big EMP weapon. Stars are huge and terrifying EMP emitters. Pretty sure alien spacecraft should be able to handle that shit.

Without precise calculations they could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end their trip real quick, wouldn't it?

• Yeah. So you see how the chance of them crashing or being shot down is pretty remote? If they don't want to be seen you wouldn't see them and you sure as shit couldn't shoot one down. This isn't Independence Day.
  • All this reminds me of the Hitchhikers Guide.

“Teasers are usually rich kids with nothing to do. They cruise around looking for planets that haven’t made interstellar contact yet and buzz them.” “Buzz them?” Arthur began to feel that Ford was enjoying making life difficult for him. “Yeah,” said Ford, “they buzz them. They find some isolated spot with very few people around, then land right by some poor unsuspecting soul whom no one’s ever going to believe and then strut up and down in front of him wearing silly antennas on their head and making beep beep noises.”
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Feels more like A.L.F.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yeah. So you see how the chance of them crashing or being shot down is pretty remote? If they don't want to be seen you wouldn't see them and you sure as shit couldn't shoot one down. This isn't Independence Day.

Presumably the UAP propulsion have some operating frequency and directed energy could give them a wobble, same for atomic weapons tests.
  • Yeah. So you see how the chance of them crashing or being shot down is pretty remote? If they don't want to be seen you wouldn't see them and you sure as shit couldn't shoot one down. This isn't Independence Day.
    Presumably the UAP propulsion have some operating frequency and directed energy could give them a wobble, same for atomic weapons tests.

Did you hear what I said about space? Stars, pulsars, quasars, black holes. There are terrifying gamma ray bursts coming from everywhere that make a nuclear weapon seem as menacing as a pea shooter.
  • I mean, even a decent solar flare is a equivalent to a few million nuclear bombs.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Stars are quite far apart.
  • Fun science fact. Yer average supernova emits 10^28 megatons of energy. That's a few octillion nuclear warheads.
  • Stars are quite far apart.

They certainly are. Lol shoot them down.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Another fun science fact: any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
  • Yet we can shoot them down because they're idiots.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    SG will like that.

Not a lot, but he'll like it
  • This is your reminder that future humans could easily bumble arse backwards into time travel and turn up in all sorts of wacky half-arsed contraptions.
  • Future YT pranksters.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yet we can shoot them down because they're idiots.

Alien drones and we’re the idiots, potentially starting some beef (although probably had their fill of cows).

• They're not unmanned drones because we have the alien bodies. They're all locked up in Area 42 and being experimented on along with the captured spaceships. You'll all see on Thursday when all the proof gets released!
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Not all surveillance probes, historically anyway.

• djchump wrote:
    They're not unmanned drones because we have the alien bodies. They're all locked up in Area 42 and being experimented on along with the captured spaceships. You'll all see on Thursday when all the proof gets released!
    I think it's actually Level 42. Apparently them aliens have a thing for the white boy funk.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Yowser!

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!