Hardest/Most Stressful level/section in a Game?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Mile High Club. On Veteran. Still got to do that fucker
    I made it once and shot him in the leg like I did on my previous playthrough a level down (Hard?), it said real men use headshots. Since then I made it up there only a couple of times and just ran out of seconds. I must have tried that over a hundred times. It's the only 'cheevo I've got to do on CoD4.

Other than that some of the later Gold/Platinum Licences in any GT game.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I made it once and shot him in the leg like

Not sure Reg meant THAT mile high club.
  • Smough and Ornstein solo in Dark Souls.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The octopus boss race in Diddy Kong Racing.....and then the 2nd time with the silver coin challenge added in.
    I was alright at doing the octopus race, I never did the Dragon race though.

Funny that - I never had much trouble with the dragon race - must be to do with our relative skills at the plane and boat.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Yeah I was pretty piss poor in the plane but a boss in the hovercraft.
  • yeah, second to invisible tetris has to be some of the moments in Trials.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Moto70 wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I made it once and shot him in the leg like I did on my previous playthrough a level down (Hard?), it said real men use headshots. Since then I made it up there only a couple of times and just ran out of seconds. I must have tried that over a hundred times. It's the only 'cheevo I've got to do on CoD4.

Other than that some of the later Gold/Platinum Licences in any GT game.

The headshot / legshot nonsense was the best I ever got too. Still want to get it.
  • If we're talking about stress, I'd say our last Moxxi run on Blands 1. That countdown, waiting to hear if reg got the cheeve. Fuck.
  • it wasn't at all hard but the opening sequence of Super Metroid stressed me out when i was a kid the first time i played it. The escape run was intense.
  • The first time I got up to the end of the Mile High Club on Veteran I panicked and shot the hostage in the face.

Took me another 2 hours to get back there!!
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    If we're talking about stress, I'd say our last Moxxi run on Blands 1. That countdown, waiting to hear if reg got the cheeve. Fuck.

Gag trying to calm me down "whatever happens, well done lads"

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Yeah I was pretty piss poor in the plane but a boss in the hovercraft.

The second final boss (Wizpig) race is in the plane but I could never win that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • The level where you try unlock The Kid in Super Meat Boy is awful, can't get past the first section of it still.

Recently Hyper Hexagonest in Super Hexagon. I can do all the parts just can't string them together
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • The sniper survival bit at the end of the Chernobel stuff in COD4. Those dogs did my bloody head in.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Those extra levels on God of War were epic. Gow2 on God mode has to be the angriest I have ever got with a game.
  • More love for Half Life 2's bridge. Always break into a grin when I see that skeletal structure in the distance.

One of the most stressful parts of any game for me was Naglfar's Pit 1 on Gun Valkyrie. Actually my favourite level on the game, that lullaby soundtrack, beautiful visuals, and great vertical level design gave me a warm fuzzy feeling whenever I returned to it, but the first time I attempted it was an hour of controller throwing, hair tearing frustration. 

The enemies weren't a problem, the one and only issue was the pixel perfect jumps you had to make using not exactly the most intuitive jump / boost control system. Arriving at this point after four (?) fairly easy levels of zipping through the air was a serious difficulty spike. 

Still, persevering through that level resulted in me gaining some pretty awesome boost skillz, and the rest of this all too short gem was conquered in a couple of nights.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Goldeneye, Aztec, 00. I win the thread. NEXT THREAD.
    this doesn't belong in the thread.

NUH UH.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    ...Naglfar's Pit 1 on Gun Valkyrie...

I remember that. I ended up with blistered thumbs.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Oh, I've got a good one: playing against Dubs in Halo 3.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • daviedigi wrote:
    mile high club is over rated, its not that hard even on veteran.

This reads as "I can do so if you can't you're just shit."

It's fucking difficult. Not just 'a bit of a challenge". It's stupidly almost pointlessly difficult.

Of things that shouldn't be that hard but I found inexplicably difficult, the mid part of Crows Nest on Halo 3, where you're in the room with the Brute. Skip to 1:43:

I don't even mean on legendary. This section kicks my arse in solo play. Usually the fucker decided to use invincibility whenever it looks like I might actually get him, and then charge at me with the fucking hammer. I was tearing my fucking hair out at this.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Or playing with Shyam.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Goldeneye, Aztec, 00.

I win the thread.

NEXT THREAD.

I never managed the facility on 00, haunts me to this day.

FUCK YOU NATALYA!

FUCK YOU IN YOUR STUPID ANGULAR FACE!
    Xbox/PS3/Wii U: Enragedwhale

• Go to 6m10s.  Not just that level, but the whole game.  You can get really angry playing this.

Really angry.
  • I got flattened by that bloody chimney countless times.

I think the Tokyo (?) level was the hardest. The Tuk Tuk one was a bugger too. Very, very satisfying though when you can pull it off.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I don't even mean on legendary. This section kicks my arse in solo play. Usually the fucker decided to use invincibility whenever it looks like I might actually get him, and then charge at me with the fucking hammer. I was tearing my fucking hair out at this.

I managed to do all of Halo 3 with the Mythic skull on. I even saved a clip of me doing that bit. /smug
    Or playing with Shyam.
    Lulz. Even worse, playing any sort of Snipers game type with me on your team.
    James wrote:

I never managed the facility on 00, haunts me to this day. FUCK YOU NATALYA! FUCK YOU IN YOUR STUPID ANGULAR FACE!

I did manage to 100% Goldeneye, back in the day. But Facility 00, the Facility cheat (which I think you had to earn on 00) and Aztec 00 were particular sticking points. I would get home from school, play Aztec 00 until it was time to eat, then play it again until it was time to sleep, everyday for about a month before I cracked it. I just don't have the patience these days. I think I had about 20 minutes of trying Mile High Club before I fucked it in the bin.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Aztec 00 agent I used to get mates giving me their cartridges for me to do, so I could unlock the cheats for them. Good times. Also fuckin crazy crazy hard
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    ...Of things that shouldn't be that hard but I found inexplicably difficult, the mid part of Crows Nest on Halo 3...

I died there many, many times, on both Heroic and Legendary I think it's because there are so few safe places that you can hide in, those Brutes can pretty much charge you wherever you go.
  • Beating the black car in the very first PS1 Ridge Racer. My thumb had a permanent shiny indent for weeks.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • All gamers who play console games have quite significant thumb indents if you compare your thumbs to none gamers. The bigger the indent the cooler you are imo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!