Bayonetta 2
  • I gotta say, as I get further in I'm not feeling the [10], but I guess like all of them you gotta remember the world they spawned into, what was the genre like at that time etc.

Or maybe I'm Noob City and haven't had the deep complexities of the combat system click with my mind/fingers.
  • The combat system could literally climb out of the screen and suck you off, the game would still be ruined by regularity of retarded design decisions outside of it.

Sorry to keep posting about it, but it's really pissed me off.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Have you played it in hard mode yet? Even better than normal.
    I don’t think you can do hard from the off, can you? Think you have to complete it on normal first, unless I’ve missed something.

Ah yes my bad. I thought it was only infinite climax you had to unlock.

I’m sure there are annoyances, as with any game, but I didn’t find myself getting pissed off about it. Otherwise I wouldn’t like any game out there.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I gotta say, as I get further in I'm not feeling the [10], but I guess like all of them you gotta remember the world they spawned into, what was the genre like at that time etc.

Or maybe I'm Noob City and haven't had the deep complexities of the combat system click with my mind/fingers.

There’s a couple of things that justify the 10, if you’re one to wonder about scores. Higher difficulties remix enemy encounters and take away crutches introduced at lower difficulty levels - forcing an evolving mastery of the game systems until you develop an almost pure synergy with them.

Secondly, and more interestingly (IMO) the game also pulls the same trick as Ultimate Ghosts n Goblins did - as you play the game you’ll be able to unlock accessories that fundamentally alter how the game and combat works. The Star of Dinèta allows health regen on taunting, which is cool but not a game changer. But the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa? Now rather than dodge you push the stick into incoming attacks, creating a risky but rewarding parry system.

The game has niggles, sure, but it’s also the pinnacle of the genre even to this day.
  • They go beyond niggles or annoyances, they ruin the game as a whole. It's like they're a joke from the developer, who's laughing at the fact anyone should enjoy a computer game. It's so desperately in need of a director's cut.
  • The combat is fucking sublime, though.
  • Moon of Maha-Kalaa is a game changer and the bestest accessory type thing ever. 

There was a forujutebwhi was amazing at this and did some videos. Changing weapons on the fly and kicking ass. Was it rock? I know Hamlett is/was a big fan too.
  • forujutebwhi?

Holy Cockbeard, batman!
    Spoiler:
  • Erm. Forumite.
  • Oh.  Just clicked on spoiler. Doh!
  • It was Rock, he did 100% of everything available in the game I believe.

Never had the dexterity for it but Dodge Offset is perhaps the smartest mechanic in an action game ever.
  • Cheers cint/folks. I knew there was a lot lot more to it and I'm just being a bit entitled. I'm sure the tenworthy stuff will show itself to me. I'm just shite.
  • Pro or Joy-Cons Gav? Not sure I could deal with dodging on the latter.
  • Mostly joycons in handheld so far, with a bit of pro. These days I save my big screen gaming for all the stuff I'm not playing on other consoles.
  • Expect I'll be starting the second this evening. Hope Kamiya doesn't shit in my mouth quite so much (yeah, I'm gonna keep running with that metaphor).

Actually, I might do a couple of levels on Bayo 1 with the pro controller, first.
  • Kamiya didn't direct B2, it was Yusuke Hashimoto
  • I hope Hashimoto felt less need for the mouth shitting than Kamiya, then.
  • Oh, shit, he did Star Fox, didn't he?
  • They take witch time out entirely on infinite climax don't they? I remember having the most fun on the final difficulty, because by that point you've already completed it twice, and your reactions etc are fucking god-tier.

Playing on normal now, I'm using health items here and there and getting teh witch heart every angel attack. I suppose I'm 8 years older... sigh.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I used to play Bayo 2 co op with rocko. He is something else.
  • The game is ace but I am shit
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • So... finished bayo 1, started 2 this morning.

I was 1000% wrong. Already I can tell how much better bayo 2 is. It’s super fluid, looks way better, and just feels way more fun.

I think playing them back to back like this has made me rethink my favourite games.

Also, can’t find anything on this, but in handheld mode, the framerate in bayo 1 became borderline unplayable. Like, sub 10 FPS. Was a big issue towards the end of the game with the big bosses especially.
  • I might need to try it again because I remember vastly preferring 1. The first has lots of annoying things in it, but the fights on the whole were just much better. I can't remember anything in 2 that's anywhere near as good as the time you fight a Grace and Glory together in chapter... 5?
  • I was listening to a podcast called Cane and Rinse, where a guest (I forget her name, but her YouTube channel is predominantly Bayonetta/2) who’s put about a thousand hours, much prefers 1 and explains why the changes in 2 make it worse.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • That'll be Yoshesque.

Don't get me wrong, B2 is a hell of a lot of fun, it's just too focused on the one and done spectacle side of things.
  • That’s her, thank you.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Coming to the end of b2 - what a wonderful game; will try the first one as it’s a tenner

• Coming to the end of b2 - what a wonderful game; will try the first one as it’s a tenner
    You paid £40 for B2 or was it knowing both digitally were £50 ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • £40 for b2 on the eshop

• £40 for b2 on the eshop

Oooof
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!