The E3 Thread of Happiness and Joy and Fluffy Bunnies
  • Positive thread is negative.

I spy a game called Carrier Command.  If it is Carrier Command Carrier Command, I might be interested in a positive way.

I never played Most Wanted.  I will keep an eye on this Most Wanted and the associated opinions of those who liked the last Most Wanted.  In a positive way also.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    This all looks like a whole pile of shite. Is this the right thread?
  • So it's Gears: Judgement.

Sounds rubbish.

600x-1

Are any E3 announcements going to be left for, y'know, E3?
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    Positive thread is negative. I spy a game called Carrier Command.  If it is Carrier Command Carrier Command, I might be interested in a positive way

I saw that too and got rather excited.  I'm not sure the original Carrier Command would hold up terribly well, and I'm worried at the direction they might take a new version in, but it's definitely one of the only ones I'm interested in seeing.
  • Can you amend the OP with the dates and times of the various presentations?
  • Ninty suprise pre-E3 thingy TODAY!!

Wii-U stuff promised.

Dunno when though. 9 am passific or 3pm PDT, whatever that means.

Edit: I think it means 11 tonight.
  • I want links goddammit.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I linked it in the Wii U thread yesterday.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:

Coolio.

Sure is a lot of E3 threads going on here.
  • Tbh I couldn't give a monkey's about the tablet.

My wish list for the WiiU is simple:  A decent online infrastructure.

I want reliable, hassle-free online play and access to a friends lists without having to input a 38 digit.

Give me that and I'll quite happily pay anything to play HD Smash Bros and MK FOREVER!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    JRPC wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    Coolio. Sure is a lot of E3 threads going on here.

would be better and easier if all these links were gatherd in 1 op.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    There are two E3 threads.  To avoid anyone missing it I put it in the Wii U thread.  People interested in the Wii U are gonna check the Wii U thread, right?
    Get schwifty.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Tbh I couldn't give a monkey's about the tablet.

My wish list for the WiiU is simple:  A decent online infrastructure.

I want reliable, hassle-free online play and access to a friends lists without having to input a 38 digit.

Give me that and I'll quite happily pay anything to play HD Smash Bros and MK FOREVER!
    To be honest, I think you've got moe chance of seeing a motion controlled Kama Sutra launch title. But in the interests of fluff and happiness, I'm sure it would be lovely.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    Kama Sutra

BETTER WITH KINECT
    Get schwifty.
  • My wish list for the WiiU is simple:  A decent online infrastructure.

Be reasonable.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Haha!
    Get schwifty.
  • JRPC wrote:
    Ninty suprise pre-E3 thingy TODAY!! Wii-U stuff promised. Dunno when though. 9 am passific or 3pm PDT, whatever that means. Edit: I think it means 11 tonight.

Those are the same time zone; Pacific Daylight Time.  It's 0950 now, so it's either just started or it's on in the afternoon.
  • The converter I used says 11pm tonight...?

edit: Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, 3 your time then I guess.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    i just found an article with links to the 3 main shows and what to expect,
    not brilliant admitidely but itlldo for now.

http://www.redbull.co.uk/cs/Satellite/en_UK/Article/E3-2012--Everything-You-Need-To-Know-021243216102433

• dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996

• I think we're getting set for this in the Wii U thread.
  • WlQL0.jpg
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Kotaku sauced so salty perhaps but MS might be going for a WiiU iOS/Android bargain bin it seems.

"Kotaku has learned from a reliable source that either at E3 or in the very near future Microsoft plans to unveil a new feature known as Xbox Live Companion. Not to be confused with its social and marketplace app Xbox Companion, Xbox Live Companion is a system where developers of Xbox 360 console games can stream content directly to a mobile phone or tablet.

This source tells us the feature was internally known as Smart Glass, lending some credibility to rumours last week of an ability to stream content from your console to a phone or tablet. From what our source tells us, though, it appears Microsoft’s ambitions for such a feature are a little more focused on games.

Xbox Live Companion would work like this: owners of iOS, Android or Windows phones (or tablets) download the Xbox Live Companion application to their devices. Then, developers of console games will have the option of coding in features that would allow those games to send content to the app while the game was running, transforming it into a personalised “companion” of the title being played.

An example we heard from this source was Halo 4: start playing the game on Xbox 360, and if you’ve got XBLC on your phone or tablet, it will become a Halo 4 companion application. Turn the game off and switch to something else that the app supports and it suddenly becomes your companion for that game.

Examples of more exclusive features include in-game inventory management or access to stuff like hacking minigames.The reason for this “skinning” is the variety of platforms, requirements and resolutions there are spread across phones and tablets. Rather than ask individual developers to come up with their own Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone versions of each “companion”, Microsoft’s app will be cross-compatible with all of them; game developers need only write their code for the Xbox Live Companion App and Microsoft will take it from there.

So what would these companion apps actually do? Because it’s tapping into the same servers your account and games are running on, it can bring up things like maps and status screens for the game you’re playing. Basically, then, a contemporary version of what Nintendo once hoped it would be able to achieve between the GameCube and GameBoy (or what Sony has been dabbling in with its consoles and handhelds).

The key difference here, though, is that almost all of its consumers already own one of the necessary handheld devices needed to take advantage of the service.

We’ve heard from our source that all Xbox Live users will be able to access these basic features. Gold subscribers, meanwhile, will get access to more advanced content. Examples of more exclusive features include in-game inventory management or access to stuff like hacking minigames, along with content streamed directly from the game to your phone/tablet, like additional video playback or a racing game’s rearview mirror (though apparently the latter two are examples of features that may not make the app’s launch).

This, however, is just the start. Microsoft hopes to, once the basics of the application are up and running, use Xbox Live Companion to let you stream further content or even, where supported, entire Xbox games directly from your console to a compatible device, much like streaming service OnLive already allows.

While there will be some Xbox 360 games that work with the application, given the long-term nature of Microsoft’s plans it will also obviously be a part of the company’s next console, code-named Durango.

We don’t know when the application will be launching, nor whether it will be free or not. Hopefully Microsoft’s E3 press conference this week will give us a little more information!"

Sounds fair enough? Taking a punt that any gamer already has their own form of WiiU controller at home.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    We already know about Smart Glass.  It's in teh 360 thread.
    Get schwifty.
  • Why do I look at that and think "not a bad idea," but I can't get behind the Wii U?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Because you're hyped to dislike the Wii U?  Go you with that.
    Get schwifty.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I thought I'd seen it here (Project Glass) before but that Kotaku article seemed to add a bit of beef. Looks to describe most of the WiiU USPs without the in-house Ninty additions. 

It's been so sodding long since a hardware launch I'm thinking of picking it up just for the shits really. The Resident evil vid thing/Miiverse didn't make it a 'must buy' by any stretch but the Mario et al will probably push me. 

Happiness and Joy! I'm sure it'll be great.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Is there annoying going on tonight?
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!