The TV you like thread
  • Matt_82 wrote:
    I have to say it was one of the only series I have seen that successfully pulled off a final, final episode that satisfyingly finished it all off. I would love to have it back though.

Yeah it was all wrapped up when in ended.  I certainly didn't mean to suggest I didn't think it had a satisfying ending.

Oh I know you didn't, I just seized the opportunity to seize the opportunity to say something I loved about the shield.

I also loved pretty much everything involving Walter Goggins, especially from Season 4 onwards.

Deadwood is also brilliant. Al Swearengen is one of my all time favourite characters.

@Darkraver: So I'm assuming Season 4 of SoA is back to the good stuff?
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • @ Arron - Five? I have ep 1 on my HDD, but saving it for Saturday afternoon.
    If you like Walton Goggins, he's brilliant in Justified. Also, Al Swearengen is king of the cunts.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Im a season behind due to using the boxsets as reliable Christmas presents that are easy for relatives to buy. So I've only watched seasons 1-3 and will probably get Series 4 when it comes out on DvD in October.
  • Ah. I thought 4 was the IRA/trip to Ireland season. Turns out that was 3 ahaha. It's forgettable fluff. Season 4 is a beef with rival gangs, SAMCRO start runnning drugs as well as guns so there's a big hooo haa between Jax and Clay about the direction they're headed etc. Jax is a blonde airhead, and believes in some sort of ethical purity for the biker gang. Fuck! I make this sound shit.
  • Yeah that doesn't sound amazing but I'm sure it's gonna be good. Much better than trying to find a bloody baby in Ireland ridiculous American version of Ireland that sucks.
  • As much as I hated the Irish storyline, I thought the last five minutes of the last episode of S3 were amazing. Best ending to a season of Sons to date (or could it just be that I was glad the season had ended?).
  • Currently ploughing through new season of Leverage. Highly enjoyable.
  • @ Aaron - Yeah, I watch it in a fishing boat with a potato.
    @ Stormyskies - That kind of made up for the shit and that scabby, afraid to age cunt annoyed the fuck out of me
  • I did too ahah

Plastic surgery gone crazy. And such an ugly character.
  • Trying to catch up on some  old The Thick of It stuff to get me in the mood for the new series. Fat chance of that on iPlayer.  Why the BBC don't go the 4oD route and archive the classic comedies I don't know.  Yeah I know, DVD sales but really if 4 can do it.....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I did too ahah

Plastic surgery gone crazy. And such an ugly character.

I found her way of talking really frustrating. Lots of deep breaths and sudden head movements.
  • She reminded me of that crazed Zelda cunt from Terrahawks.

• Blocks100 wrote:
    Trying to catch up on some  old The Thick of It stuff to get me in the mood for the new series. Fat chance of that on iPlayer.  Why the BBC don't go the 4oD route and archive the classic comedies I don't know.  Yeah I know, DVD sales but really if 4 can do it.....

It's on Netflix if you have it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I like girls, they're my favourite. Anyone watching the HBO thing Girls?
  • The first episode bored me to tears, well acted though. Haven't watched any more but it seems unfair to give up so soon so I may give it another go.

I really wanna start on season 5 of Sons now, I've got the first episode downloaded but watching a TV show week by week? That's some backward shit right there.

Also got The Newsroom, but reports from those I know who've watched it are pretty mixed. Although they both like Doctor Who so I dunno why I should listen to them. Or even remain friends with them for that matter.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That Lillyhammer was OK. Some clunking co-incidences but decent acting once they made it out of NY and I'm currently a sucker for anything Swedish/Norwegian.
  • watching a TV show week by week? That's some backward shit right there.

Also got The Newsroom, but reports from those I know who've watched it are pretty mixed.

Yeah, I watch whatever TV I've downloaded in the week back to back on a Saturday afternoon. Weeds, Louie, I would say Breaking Bad but that's on a break now. SOA's back and Dexter soon, I don't know if Boardwalk Empire's due - but I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I assume so. I usually have 4/5 shows on the go, but I never watch broadcast TV/News so it's not so bad.

Newsroom is a weird one. I found the Bin Laden episode a little jarring, given the tone of the show. I like that it's about a news team that press the Republicans and The Teabaggers, and explain deregulation, how the economic crash happened and where blame should be applied, and questioning Obama's response, but it's hands off after that. It seems almost pro-Obama/pro-Democrat like Bill Maher's HBO show, despite The Newsroom's host being a moderate Republican.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    That Lillyhammer was OK. Some clunking co-incidences but decent acting once they made it out of NY and I'm currently a sucker for anything Swedish/Norwegian.

I saw the trailer and it looked utterly awful. Might give it a go though based on your glowing "was OK" :)
  • watching a TV show week by week? That's some backward shit right there. Also got The Newsroom, but reports from those I know who've watched it are pretty mixed.
    Yeah, I watch whatever TV I've downloaded in the week back to back on a Saturday afternoon. Weeds, Louie, I would say Breaking Bad but that's on a break now. SOA's back and Dexter soon, I don't know if Boardwalk Empire's due - but I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I assume so. I usually have 4/5 shows on the go, but I never watch broadcast TV/News so it's not so bad. Newsroom is a weird one. I found the Bin Laden episode a little jarring, given the tone of the show. I like that it's about a news team that press the Republicans and The Teabaggers, and explain deregulation, how the economic crash happened and where blame should be applied, and questioning Obama's response, but it's hands off after that. It seems almost pro-Obama/pro-Democrat like Bill Maher's HBO show, despite The Newsroom's host being a moderate Republican.

I wouldn't say it's pro democratic, I simply think it's anti Fox News.
  • breaking bad is half decent, but it has way too much drama and artistic show off, I really prefer dexter as bad guy show, which will of course return any day now, and not a day too soon, it totally will fit well for those lazy tube evenings, as will game of thrones when it returns
  • google wrote:
    watching a TV show week by week? That's some backward shit right there. Also got The Newsroom, but reports from those I know who've watched it are pretty mixed.
    Yeah, I watch whatever TV I've downloaded in the week back to back on a Saturday afternoon. Weeds, Louie, I would say Breaking Bad but that's on a break now. SOA's back and Dexter soon, I don't know if Boardwalk Empire's due - but I haven't heard anything to the contrary, so I assume so. I usually have 4/5 shows on the go, but I never watch broadcast TV/News so it's not so bad. Newsroom is a weird one. I found the Bin Laden episode a little jarring, given the tone of the show. I like that it's about a news team that press the Republicans and The Teabaggers, and explain deregulation, how the economic crash happened and where blame should be applied, and questioning Obama's response, but it's hands off after that. It seems almost pro-Obama/pro-Democrat like Bill Maher's HBO show, despite The Newsroom's host being a moderate Republican.

I wouldn't say it's pro democratic, I simply think it's anti Fox News.

It's obviously anti Fox News, but it feels like a cog in the other side's machine like Bill Maher's Real Time. No-one's poking Obama on these shows.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    I saw the trailer and it looked utterly awful. Might give it a go though based on your glowing "was OK" :)

Not good enough for me - I'll give it a miss.
  • @Lawro: I'll start on The Newsroom over the weekend then. I've also got four seasons of Weeds to catch up on, I'm a late comer to that and I Love it. Season 4 ended on a bit of a bombshell and I can't wait to see how it all plays out.
  • It's obviously anti Fox News, but it feels like a cog in the other side's machine like Bill Maher's Real Time. No-one's poking Obama on these shows.

Why would they poke Obama?
  • Weeds is another loyalty thing for me. It used to be great, then lost it a bit. Ends soon, though.
  • google wrote:
    It's obviously anti Fox News, but it feels like a cog in the other side's machine like Bill Maher's Real Time. No-one's poking Obama on these shows.

Why would they poke Obama?

Haha

• @XTC_NRG_4_DARKRAVER Boardwalk Empire starts Sunday I believe.
    Mod74 wrote:

I liked it. NY was terribly shit, almost didnt follow through with it after a shit start. That shootout was amazingly shit. Style of the show is somewhat sloppy. Disappointed that Steve Van Zandt is ripping off Silvio in his entirety but then it does work.

Dispite that it grew on me pretty quickly. However contrived the "I thought I was going to have to give Johnny Fontaine a movie part" was, it made me do a lulz.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Not good enough for me - I'll give it a miss.

It's the TV version of Fargo but with Norwegians.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Season 3 has the best episode of anything ever. Prefer Season 4 as a whole, though. And yeah, 1 and 2 are 'slow' compared to the rest.

Going back a few pages here but was it The Fly episode? That was rather good. I'd have to give some serious thought about favourite episode of anything ever.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!