Pro Evolution Soccer 2013
  • Not tried much of the training, should probably concentrate on that rather than trying to recreate Newcastle strips from the 80's.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ha, I'd love the 90s blue star one. Downloading player created content is the kind of shit that was promised when the 360 launched, why isn't it possible? Why can't you send me goal montages? Why is everything do fucking shit?
  • Has anyone tried using a camera for an image? Don't have an xbox camera, guessing it won't recongnise the PS Eye.

Had a quick go at the old NUFC badge with the creator tool, but it's like controllling MS paint with an etch-a-sketch.

Might see if I can copy some images off t'web onto the 360 and see what happens.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I've got an Xbox camera. I can't be arsed with trying it out though.
  • Give it to me then you lazy get.

Managed to knock up the Umbro silver pinstripe away shirt and an home strip from the Keegan era (with blue star but no badge) but had to give them adidas stripes as there's no way to get the Umbro diamond down the sleeves.

This sort of faffing about rather than playing bloody football on the thing may explain why I'm so shite.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'll bring it on the next meet. Is it Saturday?
  • Think so, might go dig out the thread.
  • I've hustled my way through to the january transfer window in my first ML season, gameplay side is really starting to click, scoring some lovely goals and playing some nice footy.  off the pitch is still a bit of a bind, but at least now it's generally just a case of clicking next lots of times between games, and checking the starting 11 is fit before kick off...

a question for those with recent ML experience...can i spend more money than i've got and end up 'in the red' in january, so long as i'm back in profit at the start of the next season?  or do you lose the game if you dip below zero at all?  or will the game just not allow it?
    i just signed a player in january, and his initial wage demands would have been more than i had, but fortunately he accepted a significant wage cut to join 'the project' so it just squeezed under budget...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Ioxdog/loxdog, that's exactly what a dick head would say... Go on then, tag is in the my networks bit. If I give you a pasting I'd reccomend adding adored to get your pride back.

Ha, it's an L. Misleading lower case. I'll get you added tonight, if I get a chance to go online.

I did the training that was available in the demo, I'll give the full training a go next time I'm on as I'm hoop at set pieces. Really struggling in the CL final against Barcelona. Playing them is not fun, there's only so many defensive errors a man can take. On a brighter not, I won a cup with Newcastle. Only 8 teams, but it took ages to win the final as Mexico (random team selection for you!) kept winning it until I turned to SHOLA and he won me the game single handed so I'm in love with the game again. Yay!
  • Whats ML like these days? Haven't played it since PES09.

I'm really enjoying it now i'm in to it, though i think i'd be enjoying it even more if they removed all the crap they've added in since about 09!
    You can basically ignore most of the rubbish though if you want (ie boots and items), and once your team is set up and you're rolling game to game, you can feel the old ML magic (though you're probably pressing x more times and waiting longer between games!)...it's just a shame that Konami put you in a position where you have to put up with a bit of rubbish in order to enjoy the mode
  • Whats ML like these days? Haven't played it since PES09.
    I'm really enjoying it now i'm in to it, though i think i'd be enjoying it even more if they removed all the crap they've added in since about 09! You can basically ignore most of the rubbish though if you want (ie boots and items), and once your team is set up and you're rolling game to game, you can feel the old ML magic (though you're probably pressing x more times and waiting longer between games!)...it's just a shame that Konami put you in a position where you have to put up with a bit of rubbish in order to enjoy the mode

Its a shame they haven't really capitalised on ML and made it really in depth and fun as the PES ML has potential to be light years ahead of FIFA's. Seems like they've pushed it in the wrong direction though.

The boots and items thing just seems so poorly judged, that isn't at all what you want from ML. Not sure who they're catering for with that kind of addition.
  • yeah.  i can understand that some people might want to micro-manage each individual player, and so the option to set individual training focus would be understandable...but for the items...first you spend points not money, so you don't have the choice to focus on that side rather than buying players if you wanted to get into it...so you have to grind (it's the same 'points' you used to use in the day to buy classic teams and silly balls etc).  you might even earn the points in other modes, which again seems dumb to me as you could grind in other modes, then roll into ML and boost all your players (though you'd need loads of points to do this).
    and even if that is all appealing, the way they've implemented it is awful, as you have to buy the items without being able to look at player stats, and then when assigning items you have to pick a player and item slot first before you can see any stats and the impact it will have
  • yeah.  i can understand that some people might want to micro-manage each individual player, and so the option to set individual training focus would be understandable...but for the items...first you spend points not money, so you don't have the choice to focus on that side rather than buying players if you wanted to get into it...so you have to grind (it's the same 'points' you used to use in the day to buy classic teams and silly balls etc).  you might even earn the points in other modes, which again seems dumb to me as you could grind in other modes, then roll into ML and boost all your players (though you'd need loads of points to do this). and even if that is all appealing, the way they've implemented it is awful, as you have to buy the items without being able to look at player stats, and then when assigning items you have to pick a player and item slot first before you can see any stats and the impact it will have

Urgh that sounds very crap. I've earned some items playing MLO, not sure if they'll come in handy or not. It's a way for them to make the game revolve around ML but it's not very convincing. I'm waiting for the October update before embarking on that particular path...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I can't get away with this. Cisse gets the ball with his back to goal, Ryan Nelson gets too close so I lay it off and go for the one two. As the ball is played, Nelson is facing the completely wrong direction while Cisse is running towards their goal, they're both in line with each other. Guess who gets there first?
  • This is the most frustrating game I have ever played.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • well, i 'blow my nose at you', I'm really enjoying it in ML.  I even had quite an enjoyable defeat last night...i got my star centre half and captain sent off early on, but it was actually a deserved red card so i can't complain....then their player smacks the free kick in the top corner.  anyway, i wasn't too concerned as in days gone by i could handle being a man down...but the AI seemed to react much better, able to crowd me out in attacking areas (i was still doing most of the pressing) and constantly trying to hit me on the break with the extra man...eventually it paid off for them and they scored again, and then defended resolutely to stop me getting any clear chances.  it was good though cos i really felt being a man down, my players were always crowded out and struggled to find space to create things.
    Still though, the defeat left me 8 points behind WE United at the top of Division 2 so i think i'll be battling for the second promotion slot rather than the championship...(assuming there are 2 promotion slots!)

I do feel Paul's pain a little on the striker/defender thing...my players aren't really quick enough to complain too much, but it does seem as soon as defender is anywhere near a striker, he sucks him into his force field.  One thing that i think i'm noticing that may be related though, is you have to aim your passes and through balls differently to in FIFA - whereas in FIFA you would aim at the player and press through ball, and it would play it well ahead of the player to run on too, in PES it just plays it a little in front of them, usually causing them to slow down, so you have to aim your through balls a bit more into the space...
  • I just find it strange that the opposition defenders (FC Porto) are all twice as fast as my Messi (I am Barcelona, playing Champions League) and take the ball off him with no effort, while their strikers are also twice as fast as my defenders and walk past them to shoot and score from 30-40 yards away. And this happens a lot. Don't mind good AI that plays well against you, but that just reeks of increasing CPU stats on a higher difficulty as opposed to AI playing better.
  • that would be unfair.  what skill level you playing on?  i think PES has always had it where the AI 'ability' is maxed out before the hardest skill level, and the hardest skill level is max ability with boosts...
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm on the ridiculously named Top Player. Anything lower and batter teams with ease, making it pointless. I don't mind getting beat, but I really don't like feeling cheated. 

I'm going to give it a go again tonight, I'm almost at the point of trying to upload videos to YouTube and posting them here to support my preposterous 'cheating AI' claims.
  • I'm playing on Top Player as well, that's the second hardest, right? Might put it down to Professional.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, second hardest. Fuck knows what it's like on the top difficulty.
  • i'm playing on professional, but then i'm getting old and i've been out of the game for a while! ;)
    it's a good level for me at the mo, i'm generally the 'better' player, but i'm not waltzing past opponents or winning every match, still having to scrap for it.

then again, other than one quick exhibition i jumped straight into ML, so i'm playing with rubbish players against poor teams...i'm sure if i added Messi to my team and he couldn't run away from these defences i'd be pissed, and if my team was better it might reduce some of the challenge of the skill level...
  • I had a couple of excellent games during the demo at the top lever (is it Superstar?) but I daresay that was tweaked to make it seem easier to beat.
  • I have just put this on my Lovefilm after not enjoying FIFA 13.

Does anyone know if the lag (in offline) is still there from the demo (on 360)?  I remember Paul The Sparky (I think) having the problems on the demo, did it make it to full game?
  • Me and Sparky played a full afternoon online on the Friday and there were about 5 seconds of slight lag on one game. Rest of the time it was faultless.
  • Plan M wrote:
    I have just put this on my Lovefilm after not enjoying FIFA 13. Does anyone know if the lag (in offline) is still there from the demo (on 360)?  I remember Paul The Sparky (I think) having the problems on the demo, did it make it to full game?

I had a similar issue, but my TV was in "Standard" and not "Game" mode which was causing some weird lag offline. Changing the mode fixed/hid it.
  • Cheers lads.  I am worried because in both demos I had severe stutter/lag issues.  My friend reckons it's only a problem with older Xbox units (I have an Elite).

If it's present in full game it will be a game breaker for me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!