Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    What if whoever wins exits before seeing the prize, or doesn't say what he/she saw?  Everyone's time wasted?? Surely the info would have to be automatically disseminated.  So again - what's the point in playing it?  I don't really get this one.
  • This is a game for morons which is why maria is pimping it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    It's the cat I feel sorry for.
  • I'm not pimping it at all.

I've read the full article which goes into more depthbthan I'm covering here. But I suppose if your attitude is "I don't get it" then you probably wouldn't after reading the article either.

It's not a game in the conventional sense so trying to understand the reward system In a conventional gaming framework isn't going to work.

Perhaps if only one person finds out and everyone complains then he will make sure something like that doesn't make the final game.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    when you get to the bottom it says level 2 and restarts.
    so on and so forth.....proboubly.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a copy of fable the journey
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Or an invite to lunch with Molyneux (your expense)
  • It's a great big Molyneux hug!
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    A Molynug
  • mk64 wrote:
    I can see people or teams/clans getting into it. Maybe even advertisers. It's like a block, artists and creatives will be able to showcase while others play. Different strategies will be formed. People will be able to fuck peoples shit up. It will be intereting to see if people work together or not.
    You seem to be assuming a whole load of detail that does not exist in any of the sources you've posted.  So far it looks like just clicking on a box.  Well, woopity-fucking-doo.  Moroneux himself says that it's pretty much just seeing if people have the patience for it.  Let's see how many idiots with sit clicking away for no reason other than to satisfy my ego. 

As ideas go, this is derivative of the YouTube video we saw in the last week, where people were asked to hit a button hundreds and thousands of times for a free box of crackers.  Interest was sustained there as clearly people heard what was happening, and saw the opportunity to show off in front of an audience for a tasty treat.  Mollycoddle has managed to remove the factors that made it work.  There is nothing interesting about this other than how sycophantic some people get about that man.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    mk64 wrote:
    I can see people or teams/clans getting into it. Maybe even advertisers. It's like a block, artists and creatives will be able to showcase while others play. Different strategies will be formed. People will be able to fuck peoples shit up. It will be intereting to see if people work together or not.
    You seem to be assuming a whole load of detail that does not exist in any of the sources you've posted.  So far it looks like just clicking on a box.  Well, woopity-fucking-doo.  Moroneux himself says that it's pretty much just seeing if people have the patience for it.  Let's see how many idiots with sit clicking away for no reason other than to satisfy my ego.  As ideas go, this is derivative of the YouTube video we saw in the last week, where people were asked to hit a button hundreds and thousands of times for a free box of crackers.  Interest was sustained there as clearly people heard what was happening, and saw the opportunity to show off in front of an audience for a tasty treat.  Mollycoddle has managed to remove the factors that made it work.  There is nothing interesting about this other than how sycophantic some people get about that man.

I'm making some suggestions or what I think will happen not strong enough to be assumptions, i dont assume these things will happen. However have you read the actual Edge article because some of the above (like the scultping are things which Peter is anticipating. I did post at the start that the actual article is more in depth.

And as far as i know the youtube video last week was a diriative of PM's idea not the other way around.

"There is nothing interesting about this other than how sycophantic some people get about that man."

thats a really negative slant. Are you negative just because its him? If this was being done by someone else would it be cool?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • feels like i'm defending Curiosity. I'm not, although I posted the op thinking its quite interesting (i do think its interesting) I'm not OMG!! Its Molyneaux so it must be great or shit.

i'm keeping an open mind for now..
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    He does have a track record of being a day dreaming gobshite, so I think any negativity aimed at him is pretty justified. 

Purely on the idea, I still don't get it, but then again I don't get Cow Clicker or any other FaceBook style non-game shite.
  • mk64 wrote:
    However have you read the actual Edge article because some of the above (like the scultping are things which Peter is anticipating. I did post at the start that the actual article is more in depth. And as far as i know the youtube video last week was a diriative of PM's idea not the other way around. "There is nothing interesting about this other than how sycophantic some people get about that man." thats a really negative slant. Are you negative just because its him? If this was being done by someone else would it be cool?
    I've now read the Edge article and I'm even more convinced that the whole idea is utterly stupid.  The predictions he makes about the way people might play are hopeful in the extreme.  Even if they pan out, they are not new.  There's not a single original thought in the whole pitch.  What's more, each idea focuses on the most banal, superficial aspects of 'socially driven' mechanics.  Quite how a supposedly intelligent man can get so wrapped up in the mundane that he is genuinely excited by it, I do not know.
    Yes, the part you bolded is a really negative slant.  Y'know why?  I have nothing positive or even neutral to say about the project.  Perhaps the reason a whole team are backing the idea is because they've got a Molyneux buttock in each eye.  Would my feelings be different if it was somebody else?  Absolutely not.  It's just no surprise that an attempt to pin the most grandiose conclusions to the dumbest ideas came from that man.
  • is that just Curiosity or the whole 22 mini game idea? You would've read a bit about the next one too in the article. Is the whole thing stupid to you?
  • He does have a track record of being a day dreaming gobshite, so I think any negativity aimed at him is pretty justified.  Purely on the idea, I still don't get it, but then again I don't get Cow Clicker or any other FaceBook style non-game shite.

I think Cow Clicker was a parody, the whole point being to highlight the idiocy of such applications.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    But it was still successful wasn't it?
  • Perhaps it turned into the thing it was originally supposed to be sending up? I dunno, but as a parody it makes more sense to me than this Molyneux thing does as a serious "experiment".
  • mk64 wrote:
    is that just Curiosity or the whole 22 mini game idea? You would've read a bit about the next one too in the article. Is the whole thing stupid to you?
    Co-operation?  Yes, the little bit that I read said, "Molyneux's not yet revealing any details, but players will be coming together to solve a different problem encapsulated by a single word."  So far, so vague and unoriginal.  He's also saying that it'll be"even more socially fascinating" which, if true, is an improvement on the not-at-all-socially-fascinating Curiosity.  Am I excited about being exposed to twenty further pieces of Molyneux guff in quick succession, before being told how amazing the final fart is, as opposed to the norm of only being subjected to one load of piffle for years on end?  Take a guess.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Kart, can you please stop posting on a mobile device?  The typos are lowering the tone.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • sorry, i'm back on Sunday so will improve then.

adkm - I appreciate your points and understand your reasons but as someone else up there wrote, "not even he could fuck this up" so I think it will be interesting.

Its also the first one so i think the others might be more fun. We shall see. I'll update the op as the "experiment" progresses.
  • I like Pete.  Fable 3 would have been fucking amazing if they'd been allowed the time to finish it properly.  I'm interested to see what 22Cans are going to do, particularly the elements he thinks are patentable.

I'm not really going to comment on any of the things people have said in this thread that I'd like to, because I'm lazy and hungry.  Because it's indicative of a general mis-view a lot of people here seem to have about this, I will point out that when he says "fascinating" he's talking about the data and ideas that he's going to get out of things, rather than products themselves.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's Molyneux I feel sorry for.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Then again, maybe not.  You seem quite keen on it AJ, I mean it's you I feel sorry for.
  • Again: why?  I'll only be looking at it once or twice to see what it's like; I've no intention of "playing" it.  It's a development process similar to one I was thinking of pursuing myself.
  • The way Molyneux talks about it makes it seem like it's supposed to be the most amazing social experiment of our times, but it's probably just the way he talks about everything. That's what's rubbed me up the wrong way more than the game itself, although I still don't think it sounds very good.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    Again: why?  I'll only be looking at it once or twice to see what it's like; I've no intention of "playing" it.  It's a development process similar to one I was thinking of pursuing myself.
    Don't worry, I'm talking rubbish as usual.  It's me I feel sorry for.
  • So, who'll be buying one of the 10 grand pick axes?
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Skerret wrote:
    AJ_ wrote:
    Again: why?  I'll only be looking at it once or twice to see what it's like; I've no intention of "playing" it.  It's a development process similar to one I was thinking of pursuing myself.
    Don't worry, I'm talking rubbish as usual.  It's me I feel sorry for.
    Aww.  That's no fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!