DYAD (a fusion of Rez, Wipeout & Tempest?!)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Or easier since u knos it u do it and ill pay you CASHMONEY
  • Damnit. Bought it without doing the trial and it's fecking nothing like Tempest. Really very boring so far. I may be missing something but it's all fairly pointless.
  • Ah, out is it?? I'll buy it tomorroe.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm hoping it picks up as you unlock levels. Early levels are very slow and a bit dull.
  • It does pick up. Quite dramatically! The first list of levels is actually really dull. Every new section seems to act as a tutorial for a new technique but they do seem to have included a LOT of techniques. I'm wondering when I get to the actual main game! But the intensity seriously ramps up and the addiction is beginning to bite.
  • Has anyone actually played this, as i don't appear to have got anyone on my friends list that i've picked up from edge/twitter over the years, just a couple of bods from the llamasoft forums, I'm jonesing for more real worldish people to compare to (rather than trying to chase the superhumans in the top-50's)

Game-wise I was a bit down on it to start with, visual/aural techniques from space giraffe/tempest definitly helped, but overall it felt very easy, and a bit slow, and kinda like a bonus stage from the aforementioned games.

Level 8 though (3 lives to match as many pairs as possible in an unlimited timeframe) is now my go to score challenge, i just love it

Beyond that it started to ramp up in complexity and difficulty, and i was now starting to scrape a 2-star finish, then I hit the "Perform a 175m/215m/275m length lance" challenge and got properly stuck, until i just scraped through with 190-ish

Then it  added yet more enemy types, and it has now become rather stressful, but in a good way (think space giraffe post lvl 70)

So, if anyone else is playing, please add random_dave
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    There is a trial, right? Might download this tonight.
  • Not sure how good an impression the trial would give tbh, if it's say, the first 6 challenges it'll probably seem incredibly boring, no monetary loss in trying though
  • I'm on it but only sporadically. My brain can't cope with more!
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Finally played this at the weekend. Found it to be lovely and quite relaxing... until it got fast and tricky.

Love the audio and visuals. Some of the UI not so much. Gameplay is less like Tempest than i expected but cool nonetheless.
  • The Tempest comparison threw me as well. Is far more like Frequency and Amplitude to my mind, and that's a very good thing.
  • I've been really excited about this & was going to pick it up as soon as I've finished Sleeping Dogs. After seeing that video THERE IS NO FUCKING WAY I'M GOING TO WORK SO I CAN GIVE MONEY TO THAT PRICK.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I might be bothered to watch the video when I get the chance as alls I've seen is a short trailer. Is he a proper grade A speng then?
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Put it this way, it doesn't dispel my conviction that creators should never talk about their work or even appear in public.
  • I can't imagine wanting to talk to any games developer. The only ones I know are car nuts working on car games. And I know them because they're petrolheads, not gamers.
  • I'm very interested in game design, the creative process & game mechanics but only a couple of articles or interviews have ever even touched on those subjects in any meaningful way. More often than not they can be filed under "marketing bullshit" of "ramblings of a douchebag"
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!