Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    Unless I’m mistaken, there’s 3 ways of doing this: - no budget, just vibes. - bang for buck build - super budget I’d go for the middle one!

I went bang for buck, but then the pretties take over and yes, instead of normal quiet fans, I bought the fans with the RGB, even though my case came with great fans. And then you think, well, I'll not get the stock GFX, because the slightly more expensive one had better cooling, and then well the cooler itself, I could have had a silver great one for £50 but no, it doesn't match... and before you know it, you're another £200 down and I realise I'm well in the "no budget, just vibes" camp.

• (And they scammed a whole bunch of customers with their warranty process, yikes)
  • Yeah I wouldn't buy an Asus product these days, they seem super shitty. It's annoying as I only found out how shitty they were after I did my last rebuild around an Asus mobo and there was a bunch of early bios issues over volting AMD cpus.

• bah, it's an asus mobo i've bought for my daughter's PC! hopefully it will be ok.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Daughters pc built and running.

Slight scare when dropped a screw in the case, tilted it to get it out and somehow it got inside the psu!
    Never had that before and not sure how it physically managed it. Lots of shaking and rattling failed to get it to a place near the grill where i could try to get it out. Was about to try to rip it apart in frustration but had to go out for a bit, came back and picked it up and the screw appeared and managed to pull it out the grill with pliers.

Anyway all smooth from then on, got her set up with her own accounts linked to my game pass and stream library...and she's playing some cat game she could be playing on her xbox :/
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Top dadding
  • I'm toying with the idea of building a cheap desktop pc to play World of Warcraft.
    Not really interested in speccing it out to run everything on top settings, just spending enough to make a basic pc that can handle wow and give me a reasonably smooth experience.

Doesn't have to be 4k 120fps with Ray Tracey.

Any advice?
    Need to keep it cheap.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Has World of Warcraft been updated graphically in the last decade? If not you can probably use mostly any dirt cheap rig.

Looks like it runs fine even on Ryzen integrated graphics -

If I were you I'd probably buy all used parts, should be plenty of components or full systems out there that people are getting rid of. Only thing to watch out for is shite PSUs, and I don't know if system noise bothers you but I could make some general recommendations if so.

If you want something that could be potentially upgraded to play modern games at some point then it might make sense to try and get a solid base, a good PSU, motherboard and case.
  • Having a quick look around it seems like you should be able to find or put together something suitable for under £300, possibly even under £200.

Check your local market, gumtree etc. There's probably a few bargains to be had.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!