The Generation Game
  • MAG is still my favourite game of the generation. The EDGE nights were always amazing. We turned the tide through team work on way too many occasions.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • Tempy, spilling words beautifully.
  • Time wise, I've probably spent the most on either (Super) Street Fighter 4 or Halo 3. Rock Band games will be close.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • We reached the balance with this generation where there was still a good balance between creativity and the yearly sequel roll out. Games probably lived up to what the designers had in there heads. Graphics reached amazing heights of realism but were matched by intelligent AI. The Wii got into non gamers living rooms. Indie games got there place back in the market. Downloads started to become the industry norm.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Xbox Live.

I guess mine was a roundabout way of saying the online and particularly the social element has been more important to me this gen as well.

No offence chaps, but if you've been plugging away with only PSN this gen you've really missed out.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Xbox Live.
    I guess mine was a roundabout way of saying the online and particularly the social element has been more important to me this gen as well. No offence chaps, but if you've been plugging away with only PSN this gen you've really missed out.

I was plugging away with a Wii until christmas last year, so PSN was pretty much amazing AFAIK
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Local Street FIghter play has defined the generation for me. SFIV has completely revitalised the scene. Some of the tournaments broadcast live through streams in the US and Japan have become incredibly professional and well watched - one called CEO at the weekend had 950k unique viewers over two days.
  • Gears, for better or worse. Its total aesthetic is going to see revival and reappropriation in 10-20 years and my head is going to fucking revolve.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!