GTA VI
  • Its GTAV 2.
    That is what it looks like and it will almost certainly be how it plays for the most part.

Always was going to be, far too much money in it to do anything else.

It'll be the details where the interesting stuff sits and you aren't going to get that in a reveal trailer.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Syph79 wrote:
    It's basically the Cyberpunk reveal trailer but less neon, more sun and no robot fucking. Its gonna be absolutely amazing.

Drawing a parallel with Cyberpunk is not a good thing!

It is. I trust Rockstar to have it working very well. That's never been an issue with them.
  • Don't really care it's more of the same. I'm here for the expensive shinnies. Show me the money Rockstar.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • THERE WAS A GIRL I KNEW

SHE REALLY CARED ABOUT ME

On repeat all day.
  • Uhmm, the graphical fidelity looks waaay higher than 5. Not sure about the gameplay but the visuals 1-up even Cyberpunk minus pathtracing?
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Syph79 wrote:
    It's basically the Cyberpunk reveal trailer but less neon, more sun and no robot fucking. Its gonna be absolutely amazing.

It is. I trust Rockstar to have it working very well. That's never been an issue with them.

GTA online launch was mint.
  • g.man wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    I remain unhyped after that trailer.
    This.

Yeah same.

Although I have no idea why I am even in this thread, I played a few missions of each of GTA through to GTAIV and never managed to stick with any of them.  Most I played of one was GTAIII.  GTAIV did manage to make me crack up though when I was watching TV comedy (was it Gervais?).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • monkey wrote:
    Syph79 wrote:

GTA online launch was mint.
    Remember when the last one launched and nobody could get into the game because the entire world literally had to join a queue to log in for the first time. :D

Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yeah the online thing was hilariously bad but I think you nailed it, it was extremely popular.
    I wonder if they will delay the online segment again.
  • Yeah I don't remember any probs with the game itself. I do remember being stuck in a car park waiting to play and frequently getting booted out and put at the back of the queue again.
  • 5 Online launch was like the Metal Gear Online launch, imo. Utterly fucked. Took almost a year until it became what it was, IIRC.
  • Following the pattern of 4 and 5, I will buy this game probably in the launch week when the FOMO hits then whinge that it's exactly the same game I knew it would be when I was buying it. Then mock all the 'morons' who are buying it and keeping it in the charts years later.
  • Isn't online Rockst* big moneymaker?
    I doubt they'll fuck that part up again.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • It's all 13 year old boys buying it for the first time.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Does anyone actually give a shit about online? Man's chatting about SP which is always rock solid with GTA.

Also every GTA has been delayed at least six months so expect late 2025.
  • Does anyone actually give a shit about online? Man's chatting about SP which is always rock solid with GTA.
    Yeah I know, I just thought about the online clusterfuck when you said it.
  • Syph79 wrote:

Yeah - it won't necessarily be my thing. I preferred experimental R* - the one that made The Warriors, Manhunt and Bully...but that studio doesn't exist anymore. It can't. And that's ok.

GTA3 was a genuine revolution, one of the most influential games ever made, arguably more than your Ocarinas and Mario 64s. And, all these years later, no-one does what they do, on the scale they do. This looks great, it'll be great. The top to bottom quality is the result of a studio that can spend more than a billion dollars and spend the best part of a decade making one game. Because they can. Because they are R*.
  • What's to stop Rockstar sucking air through their teeth like an imaginary dodgy mechanic and claiming they can't get it running on Series S, ergo it's not happening. Wouldn't MS then go 'here's eleventy billion dollars can you just pull out all the stops to make it happen pls?' Then R* could go 'OK then we'll try' and release the SS version they secretly had ready all along. #business.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I doubt the S could even run Hollow Knight 2 tbf. This is gonna resemble Switch Hogwarts on it.
  • I’m with Cinty up there. It will absolutely be an incredible place to visit - maybe the tone and game isn’t quite for me - but I’ve always treated modern GTA as a virtual tourist sim. I’ll do some of the missions when I have to but I’m there just to see what they’ve built. It looks incredible. RDR2 was so far ahead of anything else (bar LoU2) that I reckon the final game is gonna look pretty much as per that vid. I’m not hyped for the game as such, but I am hyped for that world.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Series S has the form factor that the X should have had. Shame my phone is more powerful than it.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just watched the trailer again on the TV. Yup it’s a great looking game.
  • I bet it runs fine on the S and shows up all these devs moaning about the console.
  • I’m with Cinty up there. It will absolutely be an incredible place to visit - maybe the tone and game isn’t quite for me - but I’ve always treated modern GTA as a virtual tourist sim. I’ll do some of the missions when I have to but I’m there just to see what they’ve built. It looks incredible. RDR2 was so far ahead of anything else (bar LoU2) that I reckon the final game is gonna look pretty much as per that vid. I’m not hyped for the game as such, but I am hyped for that world.

Especially when it's in Trump Land. God bless America.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I'm fascinated by the analytics of the reveal. Genuine break the Internet moment. The game will be what it will be, but this is all uncharted waters now. There's never been a game this hyped for this long.

Also this. Just realised the trailer doesn't seem to have an age rating so it'll get ALL THE EYEBALLS.
  • I’m with Cinty

Sign of true class right there.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    It’s had 7.6 million likes and 67.7 million views in 15 hours and is #1 in Trending on YouTube at the moment.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Does anyone actually give a shit about online? Man's chatting about SP which is always rock solid with GTA. Also every GTA has been delayed at least six months so expect late 2025.

I'm going to guess that they wanted it out this April, but it's already been silently delayed.
    [quote="Moot_Geeza"]I hope you've been putting lotto tickets on recently Kris. You're overdue a bit of luck. [/quote]
  • A comment on the youtube said something like 'at this rate I've got 3 more GTAs in my life' and I lold then realised it's true and I felt a bit sad.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!