Alan Wakey Wakey
  • Alan Wake II is a big budget Virginia pass it on.  

MV5BNDcxNjIyZTMtZjk2NS00MWY2LWFjZjktYTlmN2VkZTNhNjhjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODU5ODY0ODc@._V1_.jpg

Virginia-2016-09-26-00-05-52-99.jpg

ss_4fdfae79a4a33a4daaf024005ba91a0c20e79693.1920x1080.jpg?t=1619773465

virginia6-noscale.jpg?resize=640%2C360&ssl=1
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Virginia slaps btw.
  • Yeah I absolutely didn't hate it. Was made to feel like A WALLY with a 7/10 iirc.
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Question to the floor!

How long will it take to finish the game from the very last save point?

Really want to do it in one go from there, but just a bit worried I’ll start it and be on the end game well into the early hours of the morning!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The point of no return? An hour
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Sightly longer I'd say. And that's assuming you've done all the wake stuff you can at that point
  • TheBoyRoberts
    Show networks
    Xbox
    The Boy Roberts
    PSN
    TheBoyRoberts
    Steam
    TheBoyRoberts
    Wii
    BoyRoberts

Send message
    Cheers folks!

Yeh, all of the Wake stuff has been done, too.

Glad I didn't start it last night then!
  • Think I'm probably getting near the end of this now.  I seem to have run out of Wake stuff, and Saga has just...
    Spoiler:
    The suggested switch to Story mode has definitely made it more enjoyable.  (Especially after getting stuck in a section with endlessly spawning shadows, and failing to spot the exit.  Thus depleting every battery and bullet in Alan's arsenal...)

I had a weird revelation that I was essentially playing a phenomenally high budget point and click adventure with occasional shooty bits, and that's somehow brought it into focus for me. (I like point and clicks, so this is genuinely a Good Thing.)

I appreciate I may not be as near the finale as I imagine, but definitely having a good time with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Depends where you are with Wake's story, but aside from some boss fights you've done the lion's share of Saga. Don't know how you felt but the
    Spoiler:
    didn't set me off or upset me or grump me, kind of more made me do a wee chuckle.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I should add that Saga's story gets really really fun after your point. Big smile on my face stuff.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I should add that Saga's story gets really really fun after your point. Big smile on my face stuff.

Excellent, I'm looking forward to it.  I did a little bit last night - but mainly just pootling about finishing all the nursery rhyme bits. (Not sure why I specifically wanted to do them, as not bothered about the stashes, but glad I did as the pay off's pretty good.)

I too found the spoilered bit more amusing than annoying or distressing, but then...
    Spoiler:
  • I've now finished this.  I thought it was fun.  It does the whole horror movie thing of making you spend a large chunk of the duration going "no you idiot, don't do that" which is always slightly trickier to get away with in a video game.  But I think the game's own sense of humour does a lot to mitigate that.  
    Slightly frustrated by the end - has anyone done the Final Draft mode?

Specifically:
    Spoiler:
    So, yes, barring a slight sigh at the very end, I enjoyed it.  I particularly liked the final pay off for Saga's Mind Place - which I spent most of the game thinking was a bit fussy and unnecessary, but which turned out to be a much smarter mechanic than I'd given it credit for.

It's also left me wanting Control 2 to hurry up and arrive.
  • You can watch the Final Draft ending online.
  • Syph79 wrote:
    You can watch the Final Draft ending online.

I guessed as much - but is there stuff worth doing before you get there, or is it exactly the same game?
  • Same. If you want the details...
    Spoiler:
  • From what I read there's some slight changes to cutscenes and such throughout the whole game too but nothing worth playing through again for unless you're a big fan.

Also for Control fans
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just to clarify as Shabby has said, there's a ton of subtle changes, whether manuscript pages or conversational ones, but aside from the ending not massive. Because after all
    Spoiler:

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!