Baldur's Gate 3: It's Party Time! (PC / PS5)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I don't think you need to redeem anything, you just buy it direct to your ms account
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Surely you'll need a vpn though?
  • Nope, No VPN required. Just pay using your payment details on your UK account like I did. Cost £38.45
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Check Iceland store before you buy anything. Always way cheaper and no need to do anything different whatsoever. No brainer.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Microsoft must be suspicious that there are so many Xbox owners in Iceland.
  • Mums gone there ya know
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Kow wrote:
    Microsoft must be suspicious that there are so many Xbox owners in Iceland.

They said at the this gen they don't really care, if I remember rightly.

Although they have seemingly blocked access to super cheap places like Argentina by not allowing Xbox credit to be bought in those regions.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Ah yeah, that's where the vpn comes in.
  • Can't wait to play later!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Sorted via Iceland, that was easy.
  • Character created. I'm a high elf sorcerer named Ron Waffle.
  • Character created. I'm a high elf sorcerer named Ron Waffle.

Do you have a dick? This is the important question.
  • I do. His name is Clive Biscuits
  • Because he's always firm but crumbles under pressure
  • Wild magic? Go Wild magic!!! It's fucking bananas
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    How big a dick should you have for fucking bananas?
  • Think of it as intercrural sex using a couple of bananas and size doesn't really matter.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    The £37 Iceland worked! I'm over the moon. Can't wait to start SHOVING
  • Careful who you shove, they might have decent gear.

Just got my sorcerer a lovely pointy hat and his CHA has gone up to 21. :-)
    But later on Karlach friendzoned him so hard with an "ew no!" :-(
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    SH O V E L I F E
  • I've only managed to carve out an hour of free time to actually play this properly but gotta say, it's pretty damn special indeed.
    The combat is also brutal, complete game over 3 times already and I feel like I'm still in the tutorial phase
  • I also started this yesterday, couple of hours in and it's ok, yet to fully get its teeth in I'd say but going to persevere. Lots of systems to wrap my head around but just cracking on with basics atm. My wife and I disagreed over the penis.

• How are the controls? I heard there is cross save from Steam and... This appeals to me.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'm waiting for someone to say "Wait, this is turn based! Why didn't anyone tell me?"
  • Turn based is what I want these days, always some kid or dog crawling around so being able to pick up and put down is key.
    How are the controls? I heard there is cross save from Steam and... This appeals to me.

Alright, no complaints really, some things seem hidden away but that's probably the same on other formats.
  • It controls just fine :)
  • I've only managed to carve out an hour of free time to actually play this properly but gotta say, it's pretty damn special indeed. The combat is also brutal, complete game over 3 times already and I feel like I'm still in the tutorial phase

Combat is relatively brutal early on I think - your characters miss much more often for starters - but it forces you to think about other ways to solve combat problems, rather than simply relying on "hit goblin with pointy stick".  By the later stages of the game you can fairly easily defeat the vast majority of enemies, although numbers start to become an issue instead... It's certainly a bit more tactical than I expected - which is a good thing.  Remember to look at the environment, use AoE spells to their best advantage, exploit the shadows, and learn what characters are likely to pull off what feats.  (I spent much of my early game failing to shove people off things because my characters weren't sufficiently strong/acrobatic to do it.)
    How are the controls? I heard there is cross save from Steam and... This appeals to me.

I'm assuming Xbox controls will be much the same as PS5 in which case they're...fine.  Getting around is absolutely fine but there are some minor niggles.  I often found myself wanting to look more directly ahead for instance, and so would get mildly irritated with the camera.  (Especially when one of my merry crew would remark on something they had just seen, but which I couldn't...)

Equally in battle I would sometimes fail to realise that doing a specific action would result in my character strolling merrily across the wall of fire I'd just created.  This is a large part down to me, rather than the game (and does show you, but again not always in a sufficiently obvious fashion).

Finally, again if it's like the PS5 you may not find it immediately obvious how to perform some pretty important actions - like separating one of your characters off from the rest of the gang, or making visible the vision cones of enemies.  (Both of which are essential for making the most of a rogue).

That said - like Wookie, I'd say it all controls pretty well. Certainly when it comes to controller versus mouse/keyboard I'm slightly surprised to say I would probably opt for the controller...
  • Yea I found that putting all my early points into charisma, wisdom and intelligent means that Ron Waffle can't shove anything heavier than a small hamster but can charm and talk his way out of most circumstances.
    If that fails Gail just sets them on fire.
  • Yea I found that putting all my early points into charisma, wisdom and intelligent means that Ron Waffle can't shove anything heavier than a small hamster but can charm and talk his way out of most circumstances.
    If that fails Gail just sets them on fire.

Was about to read that as Charisma, Uniqueness, Nerve, and Talent, and then realised I’d watched too much Drag Race in my life.
  • Haha

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!