Succession - spoilers
‹ Previous1234
  • Might not be necessary but could otherwise clog up the tv thread.
    Monday is new episode day. Don't come in on a Monday unless you're up to date. Instant spoilers. No grace period. No mercy. Full fucking beast.
  • That's a gutsy move, and fair fucks to have the balls to do it so early. My initial take is I just don't think its the right play right now. One of my own absolute draws to it was Logan and I know he's gonna be lingering 'in spirit' but I think its the wrong play. Not feeling the remaining episodes being a little power struggle with Swede and them. Time will tell and I have to applaud them for it but it left me a little....bothered
    I just don't know if I'm invested in that, tbh. Its one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen but within the context and flow of the show...hmm.
    Logan is the best thing in there. And it's one of the best episodes of anything I can remember and he was barely in it. It was all the kids. I dunno. They haven't put a foot wrong over the past three seasons. I trust the plan.
  • I just don't know if I'm invested in that, tbh. Its one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen but within the context and flow of the show...hmm.
    Agree on the quality of the whole thing. It really was fucking exceptional and I agree on Logan being the star of the show but I think they’ve done well enough this far that I’m not too worried. I reckon Tom is gonna be an awkward fucker in it all, look at how he was with Greg’s date and he’s really gotten used to being that rich and he’s gonna fight for it. In the end I absolutely want Greg to plough out of this fully victorious.
    Greg is not the horse to back.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I trust the team completely too. It's just such a gutsy move doing it this early, and without the foreshadowing of lesser shows. Doing it without the build, barely showing Logan, and being so natural was incredible.

Other shows there'd have been the whole "I don't feel so well", showing the whole thing, him being ill etc. I love them for it.

But Logan, man. Logan. I think he's my favourite character in anything ever.

But I am a teeny, tiny tiny bit bored of the inter-relationship politics of the three. I'm glad it's the last series and they don't take the money ala Breaking Bad for more. It has been, essentially, four very very similar seasons.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Logan will loom larger than ever in the coming episodes. Everything the kids do is about him. Without him they'll be completely clueless.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    There's also Roman's point that no doctor has actually declared him dead yet. But that would be a misstep I think.
  • I think they pronounced him DOA at the airport.
  • The bickering and stupidity of the three kids can be quite tedious now. I think they're wrapping it up at the right time.
  • Kow wrote:
    There's also Roman's point that no doctor has actually declared him dead yet. But that would be a misstep I think.

This is just too *showy* for them though. No way it’s a ruse.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I'd agree. Though the very first episode was them basically presuming he was dead too.
  • Loved how Kendall flipped in a second as soon as CEO was wafted under his nose. And now his MO is ‘what would Dad do?’. A sociopathic monster who tortured his family and employees.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    "well nobody could accuse him of being a paedophile, he wouldn't even hug his own kids". Best line.
  • Another fantastic episode. You can smell the desperation on Tom, the old guys are regaining the mojos of their corporate heydeys now that the alpha is dead, Kendall is over compensating in his quest to impress the ghost of his dead dad and Shiv looks about ready to snap and kill them all. Brilliant. Don't make him break out the strap on.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, poor Tom is just sidling up to everyone, "I'm here to serve", while everyone tells him to fuck off. He's totally fucked if he can't get back with Siobh.
  • Kow wrote:
    "well nobody could accuse him of being a paedophile, he wouldn't even hug his own kids". Best line.

I fucking cracked up at that one and got a look from Mrs Poprock.
  • Anyone know what Tom was asking Greg to delete from his computer?
  • I think we’re supposed to speculate. Could be old files from the cruise ship deaths drama (scanned before the paper copies were burned). Could be Tom’s own notes on the corporate moves Logan was having him make just before death … axing Cyd from ATN (putting Tom in charge) and Gerri from Waystar RoyCo. Could be Tom’s divorce paperwork. Or it could just be Tom’s personal blackmail files with any and all dirt he’d ever picked up on anybody.

Whatever it is, Tom’s got something he wants to burn now that he’s going to have to switch allegiances.
  • Nice summary. I find it hard to keep track of all the shennanigans.
  • So, do we think this was real, or Mattson fucking with Shiv? Making shit up to gain her trust …

FueX-7PaUAASVu0.jpg

FueX-8pagAESftt.jpg
  • I think that’s going to be legit but that Shiv is still going to end up getting fucked. Mattson would have probably leaked the kill list so that Geri, Carolina and Tom are his agents on the inside.
  • Really enjoying Hugo and erm Blond Glasses Man getting more dialogue.
  • Apparently there was a deleted scene with Gerri and Karolina in the sauna too. Improvised.
    J. [who plays Gerri] was like, “How do I prove my mettle? What if I’m in the sauna and I just drop my towel. Just be like, here are my tits. I don’t care. I’m one of the guys.”
  • Wow, Kendall has a born-again baptism in the sea moment after his flawless presentation.

Although there was a small bit of me thinking he was going to do a Reginald Perrin or at least get attacked by a shark....

Poor little Roman though.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Everyone's gone bezerk and I'm loving it.
  • Last night I was mostly there for Kendall cringe and for Shiv and Tom not knowing how to like each other. Or other human beings in general.
  • Oh! And for the E3-like brilliance of Kendall ‘interacting’ with prerecorded Logan on the big screen. Amazing.
  • Loving this season. 

Its just brilliant to watch.

I was expecting another Kendall self destruct, yes it was very cringe, but beautifully so.
  • I actually stopped halfway through this episode thinking, I can't watch this, it's too depressing watching the kids fuck up, it's so obvious etc. Felt foolish at the end. What a show!
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • This week’s felt a little flat but only because the recent eps have been such giddy highs. Can’t believe we’re only just past halfway and actually have so much more to look forward to.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Do we know how many episodes are in the season?
‹ Previous1234

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!