Goldblum Cup 2023: VG Review Fantasy League: REGULAR PLAY - Pickups and stickups!
  • Btw its @Moot Now
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • monkey wrote:
    Hold on it's all got fucked up with Unannounced and VR games. Some have only got 7 or 8 main picks. Or doesn't that matter?

Its fine, after the drafts you are free to add as many games as you want -or not bother.

Everyone should have 1 Unannounced game in Jan (to make it fun) I will add mine for example after the counterpicks

Then during the year Just make sure you add one VR game whenever.
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Counterpicking is tough because there aren't many outright 'bad' games these days, in terms of critical consensus. Forspoken seems like a good shout for a duffer but I bet it still metacrits over 7 because reasons.

Anyway, I've counterpicked Hogwash Legacy. Uncle's up.
  • Yeah so counterpicking a game that may not release at all could be a good strat to avoid losing points.

But if  a game sucks its also a great way to harm someone else.

I think I set it to 2 counterpicks in Draft - but 3 for the year - so as people pick up games during the year you will need to come back and add a counter pick at some stage before like November
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Ah hang on it auto drafts the counter picks too. Not sure where it picked mine from as it wasn’t on my list. I’m fine to leave it because I don’t think Suicide Squad is going to be all that. But something people might want to be aware of.
  • Top 3 games I was Sad not to Get:

Drewbisoft - Final Fantasy XVI
    Post-Pandemic Studios: Resident Evil 4 Remake
    AnnaPoona - Armoured Core VI: Fires of Rubicon
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • monkey wrote:
    Ah hang on it auto drafts the counter picks too. Not sure where it picked mine from as it wasn’t on my list. I’m fine to leave it because I don’t think Suicide Squad is going to be all that. But something people might want to be aware of.

Shit Really?

I can edit anyones counterpicks that were done by auto - Just let me know what you prefer
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Silksong and Zelda are going to do big bits surely. Jammy bastards.
  • Yeah autodrafted my Counter as well.
    It says in the AutoDraft toggle dialogue box tbf but I had no idea what all this was then...
    For counterpicks, the game with the highest counterpick % site-wide will be chosen.
  • kneecap wrote:
    monkey wrote:
    Ah hang on it auto drafts the counter picks too. Not sure where it picked mine from as it wasn’t on my list. I’m fine to leave it because I don’t think Suicide Squad is going to be all that. But something people might want to be aware of.
    Shit Really? I can edit anyones counterpicks that were done by auto - Just let me know what you prefer

Hi, can you please change mine to Alan Wake 2.
    Fuck Alan Wake
  • I’ve gone 3d Mario cos there’s no way one of those is out before Christmas.  I reckon they’re gearing up for Odyssey dlc though.
  • I took Bowser’s Fury as an indication of where they might go with it. A big open-world with sub-worlds. Probably needs more horse power and they aren’t going to bolt it on to the end of a consoles lifecycle. So 2024 is the more realistic bet.
  • Browser's Fury was a nice little experiment. It worked for the most part too (no Bowser cycle in the big one though tyvm). I reckon Odyssey dlc/new Mario for Switch 2 makes sense, especially if the belated Mario Kart dlc is doing well (which I bet it is), but given that it's tough to predict what Nintendo are up to I wouldn't be surprised to see an all new one on Switch in time for Christmas, cashing in on the residual film hype.
  • Due a 2D Mario I would have thought. NSMBU was a WiiU launch game and is over 10 years old now.
  • I could be wrong but I don't remember Odyssey being revealed that that long before launch.
  • 2D Mario is still where the money's at too, afaik.
  • Nah, did you not all have that email encouraging you to dig back into Odyssey recently?  There was something in there about all the moons and worlds available and then another part implying that there may well still be some stuff to come that no one has been able to see.  Kinda read to me that they're whetting the appetite to get you back in to prepare for some sweet dlc.
  • Did not know this, amazing. It's a near perfect template, half a dozen extra planets would be delightful.
  • Burger King LCD games.
  • I have reset all counter picks and turned off Auto Draft 

Couldn't see another way to do it.

GcmgkN8.png
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Its @cinty 's turn now as I undid his auto counterpick which came after mine.

I of course picked Forspoken again even though I did just see a review giving it 80!
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • So I thought we were all going to have to pick a VR game and an Unannounced game now, on top of the 9 main games. I doubt I would have bothered with The Last Worker otherwise, although hopefully it will be good.
  • kneecap wrote:
    I of course picked Forspoken again even though I did just see a review giving it 80!
    There are always a few places throwing around big scores. It's at 69 on Metacritic though.
  • JonB wrote:
    So I thought we were all going to have to pick a VR game and an Unannounced game now, on top of the 9 main games. I doubt I would have bothered with The Last Worker otherwise, although hopefully it will be good.

Yeah I intended it to be part of the draft but don't think I can for the link.

However House Rules as follows:
    Unannounced game has to be set by end of Jan for everyone.

VR game whenever during the year.
    Penalty of -15 points if you don't select a VR game during league year.

(After counter picks you will have the ability to do this)
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Good point. Done
    Wind Waker is a bad game
  • Saw the issue right before I got the PM.

Picked my first one, @livdiv next.
  • When can I pick my Unannounced then?

Do we just open up to free picks rather than drafting after these Counter games?
  • LivDiv wrote:
    When can I pick my Unannounced then? Do we just open up to free picks rather than drafting after these Counter games?

I think you can "buy" more picks once the draft is done...maybers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!